Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 791: I picked up a Taft Hobbies 8S 90mm Scorpion and maiden-ed...pretty fast plane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scorpion.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	324.5 KB
ID:	152740
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
      Day 791: I picked up a Taft Hobbies 8S 90mm Scorpion and maiden-ed...pretty fast plane.

Name:	Scorpion.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	324.5 KB
ID:	152740
      Give me a review of this plane, are you happy and how does it compare with the rest of the product out there? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post

Give me a review of this plane, are you happy and how does it compare with the rest of the product out there? Thanks
        It's alright...I traded for it (had never been flown) I wouldn't have bought one, I'm more into the military planes.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Yeah thats how I am too, military planes are up most in my priority list

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            The Little Bird looks fantastic! Such a gorgeous heli.
            Thanks Steve, its always my favorite to fly! Stable, reliable, and flies well in pretty much any weather.

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

It's alright...I traded for it (had never been flown) I wouldn't have bought one, I'm more into the military planes.
            Neat looking airframe! Reminds me of the ATG Javelin Trainer that was pitched to the Air Force.. Might make for a neat repaint in either one of the Javelin schemes, or in a T-38-like scheme to make it look more military.

Comment

• Definitely agree!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks Steve, its always my favorite to fly! Stable, reliable, and flies well in pretty much any weather.

Neat looking airframe! Reminds me of the ATG Javelin Trainer that was pitched to the Air Force.. Might make for a neat repaint in either one of the Javelin schemes, or in a T-38-like scheme to make it look more military.
                That's an awful pretty airplane

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• It was the Fall Mustang Roundup here in Cody. The weather wasn't the greatest, with a storm moving in, each got one flight. Old Crow, being Old Crow, just had to have something go wrong. Dropped a wheel just after takeoff !!
                  Minor repairs ensued, but I've come to expect it with her.
                  Hopefully, MLG II will make an appearance at the next Annual Mustang Roundup in the Spring, stay tuned.....
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4042.JPG Views:	1 Size:	207.7 KB ID:	152877Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4043.JPG Views:	1 Size:	182.8 KB ID:	152878Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4044.JPG Views:	1 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	152876Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4045.JPG Views:	1 Size:	125.2 KB ID:	152879

Grossman56

PS: Since Old Crow is really an Iron Ass in disguise, I was just noticing that all three of my P-51's have been discontinued, HMMMMM....
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Some good lookin Mustangs there.

I flew this yesterday
                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Those look great GM56. Nothing like having your own squadron.

Comment

• Did the maiden flight on my Dynam Albatross. I used an Admiral 4S 3600 and based on what I had read, I had expected it to be slightly tail heavy. To my surprise, it was actually nose heavy, requiring a fair amount of up trim. Was fun to fly though.

Comment

• Thanks guys, had BBD and Old Crow back up today, I have some students that I'm training on Pandora 2, so she came along today, had a blast with them and for the last flight, I took BBD up in a perfect wind right down the runway, pushing the sock right out, shades of Nefi!!
                          Put her through her paces and man that little gyro proved itself yet again, the plane was flawless, not bad for four years old. Landing was great because of the wind, slow and easy, almost Pandora-like.

"Stick 'em monkey pants!' kind of landing. Great way to end the day. Finally broke down and changed the landing gear on P-2, four years later she's (was) still running on the originals. God knows how many landings that is, suffice it to say, lots

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• My son had his apprentice out today, and i flew my A10, f18, P38, fpv wing, and P40. Had a wonderful flight with my fpv setup P38. But we were kinda rushed so didnt get to record it this time.

Comment

• I hit 107mph with the Su-35 today. Three flights. Testing out mixes and breaking-in new batts.
                              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                My son had his apprentice out today, and i flew my A10, f18, P38, fpv wing, and P40. Had a wonderful flight with my fpv setup P38. But we were kinda rushed so didnt get to record it this time.
                                Knew ya still had it...
                                one of our guys is getting his Cirrus dialed in with the FPV. Let me fly it a few times in his Apprentice while he was picking out equipment and cameras. Naturally I had no trouble with that! Would love a go with that Warbird!

Comment

• Does he have the on screen display as well? I pay really close attention to the speed on approach. The guys said it looked like a full size P38 on final and flare out. Its definitely alot of fun for 7 minutes. What makes it even more true to feel is the pan and tilt head tracking. I really would love to fpv off a paved runway. :)

Comment

• My 8 year old son Nathan flew day 82 today a Nall in the Fall with his UMX Timber. Just after his flight Pat Hartness stopped and talked to him and just made his day. Pat announced to the small crowd of people there what he had accomplished so far and they clapped. Nathan was beaming.

Name:	IMG_20180923_164320.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	153143

Comment

• That's really special, Pat is a Legend! Nathan should be proud, he can inherit my job one day!
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Finally, the Eflite V900 showed up here this weekend. It was maidend on Saturday with a 4s 2200 Venom battery and I'll tell ya, this little bird was hauling the mail. Which was fitting, because the piolet is our local Post Master. SAFE was used for the launch and quickly turned off and Wow ! This plane gets out of sight in a big hurry. Steady as rock and goes where you point it. She landed nicely but had a very warm battery in her possession. It was a long wait, but well worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne 630 View Post
                                          Finally, the Eflite V900 showed up here this weekend. It was maidend on Saturday with a 4s 2200 Venom battery and I'll tell ya, this little bird was hauling the mail. Which was fitting, because the piolet is our local Post Master. SAFE was used for the launch and quickly turned off and Wow ! This plane gets out of sight in a big hurry. Steady as rock and goes where you point it. She landed nicely but had a very warm battery in her possession. It was a long wait, but well worth it.
                                          I had a pre -order for the V900 holding for over 3 months , Gave up and changed the order to the Votek322 . Cool to see a report on the little speedster .

Comment

Working...
                                          X