Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys, its was a lot of fun, even if it was slightly costly. I could repair the damage to the Avanti wings as its mostly superficial, but I've been thinking of replacing them anyway, so another Winter project. That's okay, we're doing a Fly In in a couple of days, totally disorganized, just a bunch of us overnighting it at the field and flying, the best kind of fly in, lots of flying!!
    So far its been a pretty successful year, more flight time in this year than last and still a chunk of time to get even more. We were lucky enough to be flying into November for the last 2 years, so I'm hoping for the same this year. I have a week off following the September long weekend, so I'll be stacking up flight time then as well.
    I'm just so pleased that the Pitts did as well as she did. I found a few interesting little tricks with her as well as the sweet spot CG, which is parallel with the front edge of the forward cross member on the fuse floor, those that have them will know what I mean. Unfortunately, the straps are too far aft to be of any use, so industrial strength Velcro is the way to go.
    I also found that if I have her trimmed up for level flight at half throttle, I have to add two clicks of up elevator trim when landing and she dances in beautifully. BTW, still flying with the 3300s as well.

Off to dinner at the Irma Hotel later this evening. For those who don't know what that is, William F. 'Buffalo Bill' Cody, our town's founder, built it in the 1890's and named it after his daughter Irma. It still has the Cherry wood bar that Queen Victoria gave him after his tour of Europe with his Wild West Show. It's just beautiful. such a great town to live in, the gateway to Yellowstone.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Happy Born On Day, Grossman!

Comment

• Happy Birthday Gman! Enjoy:Cake:

Comment

• Sounds like a great way to spend a Birthday ! I was in Sparks/Tahoe NV area this past weekend , Yes lots of smoke from Cali for sure

Comment

• Happy Birthday Gman looks like you had a great day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
              Thanks guys, its was a lot of fun, even if it was slightly costly. I could repair the damage to the Avanti wings as its mostly superficial, but I've been thinking of replacing them anyway, so another Winter project. That's okay, we're doing a Fly In in a couple of days, totally disorganized, just a bunch of us overnighting it at the field and flying, the best kind of fly in, lots of flying!!
              So far its been a pretty successful year, more flight time in this year than last and still a chunk of time to get even more. We were lucky enough to be flying into November for the last 2 years, so I'm hoping for the same this year. I have a week off following the September long weekend, so I'll be stacking up flight time then as well.
              I'm just so pleased that the Pitts did as well as she did. I found a few interesting little tricks with her as well as the sweet spot CG, which is parallel with the front edge of the forward cross member on the fuse floor, those that have them will know what I mean. Unfortunately, the straps are too far aft to be of any use, so industrial strength Velcro is the way to go.
              I also found that if I have her trimmed up for level flight at half throttle, I have to add two clicks of up elevator trim when landing and she dances in beautifully. BTW, still flying with the 3300s as well.

Off to dinner at the Irma Hotel later this evening. For those who don't know what that is, William F. 'Buffalo Bill' Cody, our town's founder, built it in the 1890's and named it after his daughter Irma. It still has the Cherry wood bar that Queen Victoria gave him after his tour of Europe with his Wild West Show. It's just beautiful. such a great town to live in, the gateway to Yellowstone.

Grossman56
              My parents should be there today, going through Yellowstone

Comment

• Heres my flight I did today at the house.

Comment

• :Party::Party::Party::Cake::Cake::Drinks::Drinks:

Comment

• Happy Birthday GMan. Sound like it was a great day!:Party::Cake:

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      Heres my flight I did today at the house.
                      Do you use that Horus TX with all of your RC planes?

Comment

• Great views here at the Dubuque field. Windy but the P-38 handles it well.
                        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Well I’m glad to hear your Birthday wasn’t too costly Dan! Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by chipset35 View Post

Do you use that Horus TX with all of your RC planes?
                            Yes I do. I really love this radio. Super solid, and smooth gimbal action

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                              Great views here at the Dubuque field. Windy but the P-38 handles it well.
                              I love Texas, but we vacation in Iowa (Newton) and I just love going up there too!!! Lots of memories from the basement of my wife's grandparent's old house.... Pabst Blue Ribbon, pork loin, good cigars.... Awesome stuff. And the State Fair; the best ever!!! :Love:

Comment

• Cool! Hope they can put up with the smoke, it's a little bit better than it was. Did you hear? The idiot who was taunting the buffalo got 130 days. Apparently was being a butt in all the National Parks and they caught up with him In Glacier National Park.
                                We've got our weekend Fly In tomorrow and Sunday, so I'm in the midst of charging batteries, I'll take a bunch of pics, or Diane will, and post them.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks for all the Bday wishes guys, means a lot.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Happy belated Birthday Dan!

Day 763: Maiden-ed the new Freewing ME-262, flew great and got 6 minutes on a RT 6S 6250mAh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ME_262.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	148362
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Great looking plane George, the pilot looks as if he's being sucked into the back of his seat even when it's sitting on the ground!!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                        Great looking plane George, the pilot looks as if he's being sucked into the back of his seat even when it's sitting on the ground!!

Grossman56
                                        I would have thought for sure that would have been changed in the V2, he looks way too much like John Kerry :Scared:
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• That would make him Herr Kerry, which sound strangely like a Japanese ritual!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X