• Ever tried a small plane in the wind ???? It's a blast

But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
      Ever tried a small plane in the wind ???? It's a blast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZzWJWCvPVc
      Looks fun!

Comment

• I get accused of being willing to fly a Vapor in a Tornado.

Not quite... If it won't go forward at full throttle,then there's too much wind for the model. That's appx 18 mph wind for the Vapor.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Wow I got more range with the internal antennas than the external one. I'm impressed nearly 1000 feet more

Comment

• Sometimes it pays to be lucky than good... this was a butt clenching moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
              Ever tried a small plane in the wind ???? It's a blast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZzWJWCvPVc
              Took my 50 inch balsa Cub up last Sunday in an 8kt wind that picked up to about 12-15 right after takeoff - it’s close to a Vapor as the battery weighs more than the plane.

“kinda windy for that little bird, eh Mike?”
              ”yes, but it’s a steady windy”

was like slope soaring as all as all it could do was figure 8’s into the wind. First time I tried turn toward the runway it almost got behind the deadline. Wind from north, east / west runway. Was a fun 7 minutes with the taxi after landing being the most interesting part.

Comment

• Sure seems like this when i fly !

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post
                  Sure seems like this !
                  So you were there too?

Comment

• Maiden +3 late today with my F-15. Really like how it handled and performed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F15.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	144845
                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• I finally went and did a little flying today in between rain showers and 12 mph winds and came Midway across the runway rather then down the runway and did a hard left bank turn at low bc altitude and a big gust of wind blew and caused me to drop and spin in the ground and snapped a wing lose. I haven't even checked to see how bad it is but think I can fix it. But hey I did get to fly some.
                      Still Learning:D

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        I finally went and did a little flying today in between rain showers and 12 mph winds and came Midway across the runway rather then down the runway and did a hard left bank turn at low bc altitude and a big gust of wind blew and caused me to drop and spin in the ground and snapped a wing lose. I haven't even checked to see how bad it is but think I can fix it. But hey I did get to fly some.
                        Time flying is better than time at the office .....

Comment

• That is fact my friend! That's what I told my wife. I know had at least a 100 flights on my Pandora.
                          Still Learning:D

Comment

• Got two flights on my Waco and 4 on my PT-17 in a gap between rain showers. I think I have finally figured out how to land correctly. I had read many times about using throttle not elevator for glide slope adjustment but just didn't grasp it. Now I think I have it. Old dog and new tricks :).

Comment

• Got 3 on the A10 and FA18, and two each on the P38 and tigercat. Very awesome day today. Video of F18 to come little later.:)

Comment

• :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                  I finally went and did a little flying today in between rain showers and 12 mph winds and came Midway across the runway rather then down the runway and did a hard left bank turn at low bc altitude and a big gust of wind blew and caused me to drop and spin in the ground and snapped a wing lose. I haven't even checked to see how bad it is but think I can fix it. But hey I did get to fly some.
                                  Ouch !!!! Which plane were you flying
                                  But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                                    Maiden +3 late today with my F-15. Really like how it handled and performed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F15.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	144845
                                    Great looking bird Lon . I follow n subscribe to your YouTube . Really enjoy it !!!!!!

Bryan
                                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• Heres the video

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	145105
                                        Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                        Heres the video
                                        Very cool! And this is coming from the man that was telling us just a few months ago, that he didn't like jets.:)

You need one of these Rifleman. Hooyah! Go Army.

Comment

• Yeah yall turned me hahaha! And I like that too!LOL:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X