Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I'm happy! The other day I had said I crashed the Pandora which I did, but after checking it over today I'm happy to say it was really damage free. All that happened is the wing tab that the wings screwed into came unglued. Yeah 3 of them. Caused the wings to come apart and a small bit of a carbon rod split so I stiffened it up a little with a dowel rod for about 2" reglued the tabs and attached the wings after a fews hours of glue drying and back in the air. I did get a flight in today on her. I was a happy camper.
    Still Learning:D

Comment

• :Cool::):Cool:

Comment

• Got 4 flights in on the T-45 today. Had to get replacement servos for the elevator and one of those was bad too. It was a bad solder job on the pot. I re-soldered it and flew today.

This was flight #3 of 4. First two had gear issues due to the fact that I had plugged the ESC power lead into one of the elevator slots on the board. Re-plugged it to the RSSI port on my X8R and all was well.
        At 0:33 I was saying "all tucked up" in reference to the gear.

Flew her with Admirals and a Turnigy HD 5000. All performed nicely.
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
          Got 4 flights in on the T-45 today. Had to get replacement servos for the elevator and one of those was bad too. It was a bad solder job on the pot. I re-soldered it and flew today.

This was flight #3 of 4. First two had gear issues due to the fact that I had plugged the ESC power lead into one of the elevator slots on the board. Re-plugged it to the RSSI port on my X8R and all was well.
          At 0:33 I was saying "all tucked up" in reference to the gear.

Flew her with Admirals and a Turnigy HD 5000. All performed nicely.
          https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...790#post145790
          Those ATC folks get a Gold Star for helping me get through this stuff last Thursday! Glad your Goshawk is all dialed in.

Comment

• Today was fun. Flew the tech1 fpv wing and the f18

Comment

• F-15 Down!!! (Almost) :) Loaded up and headed to one of my flying sites this morning. Yes, knew of fog forecast..but it's got to lift sooner or later....waited over an hour at the site, yeh, no problem now...keep her low. lift off, gear up..right bank and level off, keep her low...looking good...WHAT!! WHERE!! CRAP!! There it is....oh man...thumbs and hands shaking...flips switch, gear down...flaps down...greased the landing. BIG SIGH!!! No doubt one of my shortest flights...but I got her back down. Dang!! That fog base was ALOT lower than i thought, and believe there was a small area that had really dropped back down that was coming thru.
              The photo was taken within a minute after landing...Not that foggy?? Fooled me...sigh
              Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Nothing like the feeling you have when your bird disappears right before your eyes!!!! Glad she is OK....

Comment

• Hey you get to log IFR for that flight. <1000 and 3
                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Dint get a chance to fly, I did fix my tidewater.

Comment

• Nice job getting her home

Comment

• Lon, not fog, simply a low ceiling. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• It's that dang grey camo Lon!LOL
                          I get the same thing with BBD and La Patrona, I start circling and they eventually show up:Whew:

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            It's that dang grey camo Lon!LOL
                            I get the same thing with BBD and La Patrona, I start circling and they eventually show up:Whew:

Grossman56
                            So true! But for that couple seconds, it didn't matter what color it was.
                            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              Nothing like the feeling you have when your bird disappears right before your eyes!!!! Glad she is OK....
                              we all know what goes UP will come Down

Comment

• Four flights on the A-4 this morning. Fun jet.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJq02Igrrp0 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	146042

Comment

• Congrats... Love the A-4 and all the different livery options....

Comment

• I brought out my f18 and P38. And today after surgery my A10 has risen from the ashes.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      I brought out my f18 and P38. And today after surgery my A10 has risen from the ashes.
                                      Hardly any "sign" of damage !! :-)

Comment

• I'm so glad to have her back in one piece again

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          I'm so glad to have her back in one piece again
                                          Hopefully that sign is ready to cut up for some landing gear - I need a new set for the MEN Trainer

Comment

Working...
                                          X