X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Lost my A10. :( hit a road sign at the end of the runway cut the wing in half. Shattered the spars and wing supports. The sign sits perpendicular to the runway and right on the end. If you forget it's there and you just see it, when the plane is doing 100mph its already too late.
    I know your pain RM when I lost my FW version last year @ eWEEK.
    Look at the bright side..........it's the less expensive FMS;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
      I flew some other stuff but this one got the most attention :Silly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HigCrash.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	145326
      You crack me up brother:wacky luv ya:Love:
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I flew this yesterday, I bought this FW 90mm Yak 130 for $200 RTF and it came with brakes, I would never order a new one, thought they were ugly so I was never interested in one but for the price I wanted to try it, this is one of the first versions and it flew like a dog on the stock set up on 6S, so I installed my FW 4068-1680kv power plants in it on 6S and what a big difference, also got rid of some weight and drag, removed the pylon mounts and brakes, don't need them anyway it lands so slow like a trainer, always thought they were ugly but it is starting to grow on me so I decided to keep it a bit and fly it, looks great in the air and the sound is like no other EDF jet I have flown, talk about a wooosh sound, will get a video one of these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
          I flew this yesterday, I bought this FW 90mm Yak 130 for $200 RTF and it came with brakes, I would never order a new one, thought they were ugly so I was never interested in one but for the price I wanted to try it, this is one of the first versions and it flew like a dog on the stock set up on 6S, so I installed my FW 4068-1680kv power plants in it on 6S and what a big difference, also got rid of some weight and drag, removed the pylon mounts and brakes, don't need them anyway it lands so slow like a trainer, always thought they were ugly but it is starting to grow on me so I decided to keep it a bit and fly it, looks great in the air and the sound is like no other EDF jet I have flown, talk about a wooosh sound, will get a video one of these days.
          I've got one of the second versions and love it, very nice detail and great handling plane.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I'll see if I can pick up a new fuse wings and motor pods. The tail is ok though
            ...and clandestinely move that sign one night.

Comment

Lost my A10. :( hit a road sign at the end of the runway cut the wing in half. Shattered the spars and wing supports. The sign sits perpendicular to the runway and right on the end. If you forget it's there and you just see it, when the plane is doing 100mph its already too late.
              Well, that is just not cool!!! Sorry... :Straight-Face::(

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

...and clandestinely move that sign one night.
                Yes!

Comment

Yes!
                  A little bump with an F-250 or similar will take care of it...…..
                  LOL I have lost a wing. Not on a sign, but someone drove a piece of rebar into the ground on the "approach"... I hit it on departure with a wind change and never knew it was there until the plane exploded..... LOL It happens....

Comment

• Yes indeed, and people flatten signs all the time lol

Comment

• Oh and the sign was straight before the a10 hit it. Lol

Comment

I'll see if I can pick up a new fuse wings and motor pods. The tail is ok though
                        Sorry , Thats a bummer ...Not a easy fix for sure

Comment

• Scratch motor pod, that is ok and has been salvaged. So only wings, fuse, and carbon tubes. So right at 190 to get everything ordered

Comment

• Need a dislike button for that!
                            Still Learning:D

Comment

• Yeah it was not how I wanted to start the day, was my second flight of the day and of course the sign bit me...

Comment

Yeah it was not how I wanted to start the day, was my second flight of the day and of course the sign bit me...
                                Be sure and keep the sign if it disappears....doah!
                                That’s the really good aluminum for making certain parts...

Comment

• Haha yes!

Comment

• No flying this weekend. Friday, just before noon, we headed up to the Phoenix metro to hit the quilt shops participating in this year's Row by Row event. Between 2:00 p.m. Friday and 5:00 p.m. Saturday, we visited 18 quilt shops, so my wife could get the Row by Row pattern from each. She supports my hobbies, and I happy to support hers. After the quilt shop marathon, we stopped at an RC shop in the area, where I picked up a better balancing charger/discharger for my batteries. It has the "store" function, that will either discharge or charge the batteries automatically to about 60% capacity for storage, so if there's a reason I don't fly some weekend, I won't have to worry about leaving the batteries with a full charge until the next weekend.

I had planned on flying this morning, but slept so lousy last night that, by the time I dragged my carcass out of bed, it was already getting too hot, and I didn't feel really up to flying. I'm still working on refining some of the skills (especially landings), and starting off tired and out of sorts isn't a good formula for the best performance.

Hopefully next weekend. Things have been a bit too breezy here in the Old Pueblo for me to consider trying to fly after I get off work during the week, not to mention the triple-digit afternoon heat.

Comment

• Day 745: I flew this one for the last time today... I sold it to one of my Tirediron Aviation guys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Day_745.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	145644
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Ain't nothing like a B17

Comment

Ain't nothing like a B17
                                          So true :Cool:
                                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X