X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
    I decided to see how well my nose cone could fit through a chain link fence.

I was really impressed how you hit that hole in the fence perfectly to reduce the amount of damage. Great driving😉

Comment

• Thanks totally planned it that way!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• As emergency landings go, it looks like the damage was minimal. Was the camera just too much drag out on the wingtip?

Comment

• What did I fly today? NOTTIN. I belong to 2 south Florida clubs, one with an asphalt runway and another with grass. BOTH are closed until further notice. The one I usually fly at, the grass field, is out in the Everglades surrounded by alligators and pythons, and the mayor just closed that one as well in fear of infecting the local fauna. So I'm stuck in the house, fixing every little minor thing I can find on all the planes, cleaning my guns (hope I don't go "postal") and watching my retirement fund get wiped out in the stock market. I at least expected my retirement fund to get drained by Motion, but looks like corona got there first. Guess I'll have to work on my F-18 cockpit instead so it will be ready when I pull the trigger on the F-18 itself (which I was going to do just as Aros posted that the F-18-Blue Angel was being upgraded with an inrunner-so I'm waiting for it to get to the grey version before I buy it for the Canadian Demo livery). The 3672-1900kv inrunner they put in the new F-18 is not even available yet to purchase, so I wait some more. This is for .
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Unfortunatly also over here in Germany, flying clubs and fields are closed till 19th. of April for now. And not sure what will be after this date...

Comment

• Closing RC flying fields seems just a bit of an over-reaction. I mean, it's outdoors for one thing. For another, pilot stations are at least 6 feet apart, as are set up tables. Can we not be trusted to stay away from each other when going from one area to another at the field? Are you typically hugging and kissing another pilot? Are you touching their planes? Are you rolling on the ground where someone has just walked? Are you jumping into each other's cars and doing the naked jiggle wiggle?
              All this talk about the FAA making you ID your planes is pointless since nobody's flying anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                As emergency landings go, it looks like the damage was minimal. Was the camera just too much drag out on the wingtip?
                It seems to be a combination of both weight and drag which is odd being how small the RunCam2 is and it's not like the F-18 is a dinky model. My 90mm F-16 requires some clicks of counter trim when it's on the wingtip but nothing like I experienced with the F-18.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Closing RC flying fields seems just a bit of an over-reaction. I mean, it's outdoors for one thing. For another, pilot stations are at least 6 feet apart, as are set up tables. Can we not be trusted to stay away from each other when going from one area to another at the field? Are you typically hugging and kissing another pilot? Are you touching their planes? Are you rolling on the ground where someone has just walked? Are you jumping into each other's cars and doing the naked jiggle wiggle?
                  All this talk about the FAA making you ID your planes is pointless since nobody's flying anyway.
                  Myself and many others I fly with are still flying here in SD, Wyo. and Montana. To bad you People on the East & West Coast have to put up with such Crap. Out here in SD we have been practicing Social Distancing Since 1880 LOL!!! I am going flying you guys have fun sitting at home flying your Sims
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	F1T33.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.7 KB ID:	243602

Comment

• Got 4 flights in on my FW 70mm YAK130, and maidened the 120mm 3D printed L-59. I was surprised just how floaty it was for being a 8kg plane! Probably one of the best features is the drum brakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                      Got 4 flights in on my FW 70mm YAK130, and maidened the 120mm 3D printed L-59. I was surprised just how floaty it was for being a 8kg plane! Probably one of the best features is the drum brakes.
                      Congrats, DD, You've earned it for certain. Great build and I just knew those brakes were going to be 'too cool for school'. Best as always, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Congrats on your maiden Dirty Dee! A large 3DP scale jet, what an accomplishment! I must have missed it, what scheme are you going to paint?
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                          Congrats on your maiden Dirty Dee! A large 3DP scale jet, what an accomplishment! I must have missed it, what scheme are you going to paint?
                          Thanks! I'm still waffling over schemes but I have narrowed it down to the East German Air Force, a Fictional German Air Force Scheme from DCS, and a red/white/blue sport scheme which I am not sure on the name.

Comment

• Nice work Dirty Dee! That's sweet man!

Got back in the saddle again with the 90mm F-16 after I fixed her all up. Co-pilot Baylee the Boxer was not allowed outside the car during the flight. LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Did quite a bit of RC flying and some full scale flying today. Flew the 600 UH-1N, 500 UH-1C, and Bell 47 in the morning, and took the full scale helo out flying in the afternoon. Great to finally have a day of good flying weather!

Comment

• My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Early AM sorties with the DH-112, Freewing Avanti (with a new 2100kv invrunner from FMS) and working up the new 70mm Avanti V3 a little. Running the 2200kv inrunner from the Freewing F-35 in it as just couldnt get the F-35 to play nice on our grass. Little avanti is a rocket!

Click image for larger version

Name:	90187830_3145851822100558_4342800716142739456_o.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	243792Click image for larger version

Name:	90229739_3145853835433690_5486931938818129920_o.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	243793Click image for larger version

Name:	90176769_3145855365433537_6244057410936242176_o.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	243794

Comment

• Dirty Dee That last one (red/white/blue) was the L-59 Super Albatros prototype. It looks good!

Mshagg, I voted for your Avanti a couple rounds last week; I'm drawn to Formula 1 styling on things not Formula 1.
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Every time I take my FW 80mm A-10 out for a drive I am in awe. Sweetest EDF ever.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                        Every time I take my FW 80mm A-10 out for a drive I am in awe. Sweetest EDF ever.

Outstanding, and at least there aren't all those pesky school kids around to get in your way!
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                          Outstanding, and at least there aren't all those pesky school kids around to get in your way!
                                          Amen to that!!!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X