Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew my Eflite EC1500 for the first time this season. Had to reacquaint myself with how it flies and how it lands - no flaps, 1/2 flaps, full flaps. Also took my Eflite V-22 Osprey.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

I am out there before sunrise on any day off...you’ll have a spot should you decide to show up! Rifleman is due for his visit soon too!
      Maybe I should see when Rifleman is going to be out, and plan on taking the drive out there as well. It'd be nice to meet him in person, also!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

Maybe I should see when Rifleman is going to be out, and plan on taking the drive out there as well. It'd be nice to meet him in person, also!
        Good idea. From last year, when he brought his printed plane to see how it held up in the heat, June 1, 2019. Click image for larger version

Name:	3B4F191E-2CF3-4142-AF12-F11224B5DEAE.jpeg
Views:	427
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	250980

Comment

• Way to go guys, nothing like meeting fellow Squawkers in person!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Freewing L-39. Another first flight of the season this morning. This is one of my all time favorites. The first flight of the season is just like the last flight of last season. No surprises. Take offs and landings, even in very blustery conditions, are solid. Flies predictably.

Comment

• xviper excellent flight and landing, even in windy conditions! Looks like the snow is gone and the forced lock down had no effect on your skills. Good to see you getting out and flying, hope to be able to soon as well. Are you planning on taking out the SU-30 soon?
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                xviper excellent flight and landing, even in windy conditions! Looks like the snow is gone and the forced lock down had no effect on your skills. Good to see you getting out and flying, hope to be able to soon as well. Are you planning on taking out the SU-30 soon?
                The fields around here are only subject to distancing rules. Usually, when I go, it's just me. At most, maybe 3 others. I go in the morning and most club members don't like getting up too early. Snow is virtually gone everywhere. Wetness still comes up from underneath the fabric runway and end up with filthy planes after a flight. If it doesn't rain or snow again before my next outing, the SU-30 will be next. Springtime sees the wind pick up so that's the determining factor. I still have the AL-37 to maiden. For now, getting my thumbs exercised before I put them to the sticks on my more expensive (and new) planes.

Comment

• Today is ANZAC day in Australia, rememberance for Australians and New Zealanders who have served and died for their countries and others, and marking the anniversary of the ANZAC landing at gallipoli in WWI. This would typically be commemorated with a dawn service at local war memorials, followed by a parade in larger cities and then typically a few drinks at the pub (gambling in the game of two up is legal for the day). The necessity of social distancing measures means none of this took place and many were left to reflect on the day in their own ways.

Some friends and I gathered for a few quiet flights with our warbirds. It's important sometimes to acknowledge the horrors that underpin the creation of many of our beloved models.

My choice was of course the Flightline B-24. It's not a plane I fly often, which makes it all the more special to see her gracing the skies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200229_084957.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	251256

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                    Today is ANZAC day in Australia, rememberance for Australians and New Zealanders who have served and died for their countries and others, and marking the anniversary of the ANZAC landing at gallipoli in WWI. This would typically be commemorated with a dawn service at local war memorials, followed by a parade in larger cities and then typically a few drinks at the pub (gambling in the game of two up is legal for the day). The necessity of social distancing measures means none of this took place and many were left to reflect on the day in their own ways.

Some friends and I gathered for a few quiet flights with our warbirds. It's important sometimes to acknowledge the horrors that underpin the creation of many of our beloved models.

My choice was of course the Flightline B-24. It's not a plane I fly often, which makes it all the more special to see her gracing the skies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200229_084957.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	251256
                    My thoughts, prayers, and gratitude are with you and your countrymen.

Comment

• Cheers our Australian Mate! What F22trainer said. Much love for your wonderful country/continent and all of those who bravely served and sacrificed.

Now on a much much less significant scale and scope, I humbly offer two boring flights of my Freewing 90mm F-16 before the next storm hits.

My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Aros Looks like you've got her dialed in nicely. Interesting to see just how much the larger missile gets torqued around so easily. Also noticed you're ground crew is back, did I see paddles in his paws waving you in?
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• The Kiwis, Maori, and Aussies have always fought with tenacity and distinction. May they always be remembered!
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                            Aros Looks like you've got her dialed in nicely. Interesting to see just how much the larger missile gets torqued around so easily. Also noticed you're ground crew is back, did I see paddles in his paws waving you in?
                            Yeah I took off the tanks for these flights. Definitely can tell she's got a bit more pep in her step without them. I noticed the larger missile getting torqued around as well! As for my ground crew, the poor thing is still traumatized from when I lit into her for blasting into it at full speed before rotation. She won't get within 100 feet of it now.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Finally got to the field today!!

Took the old reliable Pandora and blasted two batteries through her to blow the rust off the skills, then maidened the Flex Innovations RV-8.
                              WOW, what a sweet machine!!
                              Diane commented that it looks like an overgrown Pandora and that was what attracted me to the plane in the first place along with the fact that I've been a fan of the RV-4's and 8's full size for years as well
                              She gets in the air in about 6 feet, literally! Solid as a rock right out of the box with just a couple of clicks of trim. The one mistake I made in step up was on the elevator/flap mix. The manual calls for -17 elevator, with a Spektrum, its +17. No biggy, I realized it immediately when I dropped flaps and she nosed up. So flaps back up and land without them. She lands very well, just takes a bit more runway.
                              With a maiden, I always, run a few taxi trials, up and down the runway to shake anything loose that will come loose and always check all control surfaces...ALWAYS before EVERY flight. In this case, only one flap was deploying. The problem, there are some one inch extensions that run out of the Aura 8 that are marked 'flaps', 'ailerons' etc. one wire in the extension was disconnected. So I removed it and plugged the flap wire directly into the Aura 8, works like a charm. That's one of the stupid things that can cost you a $500 airplane and that's why you preflight.
                              All in all, a great way to start the season an there is nothing like a successful foray! It's like bringing in the herd! Click image for larger version

Name:	th.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	251371

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• A beautiful day here in Ohio! Got in several flights on this 1200mm FlightLine Spitfire I purchased at the big swap meet in Dayton last February. What an easy flyer! Had good luck with the JePe A-4 also. So nice to be out flying again. Click image for larger version

Name:	071F492D-DEDD-45BE-BF19-C7DA747E636F.jpeg
Views:	378
Size:	359.2 KB
ID:	251423

Comment

• Dusted off my LX SR-71 Blackbird...You can literally see the dust on it!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                    Dusted off my LX SR-71 Blackbird...You can literally see the dust on it!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8DB5xGBMdY
                                    I so wish I was more skilled at flying mine years ago. Also, with today's very powerful 64mm EDF systems like in the new Eflite A-10, this thing would be very exciting and better handling.

Comment

• Yeah this one has the wrong setup in it...I had a version with Don RC EDF inrunners that was absolutely amazing in this model! Unfortunately in a moment of weakness I sold it. This one has some Freewing outrunners...Bought the wrong system at the time. Unbalanced, low thrust output...Time to find some inrunners for her.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                        Dusted off my LX SR-71 Blackbird...You can literally see the dust on it!

What would be really fun, is to have the guy that modified the AL37 into a KC-135 bring his plane over, and then take off a minute or so before you launch the SR-71.

Back in the late 1970s, I went on an Air Force TDY to Kadena AB, Okinawa. They had several SR-71 flying out of there, and I was told by someone stationed there, that you could tell when one was going to take off shortly. A tanker would always take off a short time before the Habu, so that they could rendezvous at altitude and top off the tanks before the high-speed run.

Comment

• Grossman, I ran into a similar thing when I first learned about doing expo on my transmitter. One of the other pilots in the club asked what I had mine set to, and I responded something like, "Minus thirty-five percent." He got a very concerned look on his face, until I showed him the graph plot on my Tx. On the Tactic radio, the minus expo reduces the movement towards the center of the stick position, whereas, on whatever Tx he was using, it's positive expo to do the same thing.

And, yeah. Check EVERYTHING before each flight. I crashed my Cherokee because I forgot to check my rates switch, and took off at high rates. By the time I figured it out, the plane was going all over the place, and I was too busy trying to get it back level to think about flipping the switch. I could probably have recovered it now, with more experience as a pilot, but then? Nope.

Comment

Working...
                                          X