X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
    Flew the Black Horse Gilmore Red Lion. 12S 60cc size electric. It was a little tail heavy and we had a gusty crosswind that made landing a challenge. A nice classic Golden Age Air Racer that's a blast to fly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gil Maiden 1.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	256346Click image for larger version

Name:	Gil Maiden 3.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	256347Click image for larger version

Name:	Gil Maiden 4.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	256348Click image for larger version

Name:	Gil Maiden 9.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	314.5 KB
ID:	256349
    Great looking plane Twowing, glad to see she flies as good as she looks!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Awhile back I had a "Grumman" day with my Freewing F-14, F8F and F7F but now that I have a T-33 I decided to make today a "Lockheed" day along with a little float flying.
      To really make "Grumman" day complete we really need an F9F Panther!

Name:	HSF_May30_2020.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	257358

Comment

• And a HELLCAT like in a FlightLine 1600
        ( Alpha - Of course I had to do this on my 4000th post )
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• We voted to completely open our field on Saturday (even so the only restrictions then were no new members and no guests allowed, so I was able to get all the flying in I wanted anyway). I was able to get out early today and got an absolutely beautiful day, 92 degrees (that wasn't so great but it is summer) with winds of only 8-10 mph directly down the runway and only a mild cloud cover. The rest of the week is supposed to be rainy and windy so I had to get out today. Had the field to myself and got 16 flights in by 1:00, 4 each on the Stinger 90, F-4 Phantom, F-16 and SU-30. Guess it was EDF day so maybe next time I'll take out only the prop warbirds (but I still can use all the flight time I can get on the EDF's). Starting to really like flying the F-4, F-16 and SU-30, only because the more stick time I can get, the lower the "pucker" factor. Managed to make 15 out of 16 good landings in high alpha and the only less than perfect landing I ended up too close to the "ruff" and rolled in there, but no damage since it was almost at a full stop anyway. Definitely prefer landing on grass instead of asphalt!

Name:	20200601_090445.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	257618Click image for larger version

Name:	20200601_090502.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	257619
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I was able to go flying twice today. This morning I flew the T-45 several times. A fellow club member had his new Freewing T-33 out. What a great flying jet! In the afternoon I maidened this “brand new” 45 year old Lanier Rebel. ARF meant something completely different back in 1975. It took me over a year to get it all sorted out! I converted it to electric, has an E-Flite power 40 and a 4s 4000 battery.Click image for larger version  Name:	19041CE2-5558-4DEC-9871-3D7B03A3F450.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	212.4 KB ID:	257632Click image for larger version  Name:	28C705E7-74FE-4F9A-A5CA-01A3CF370FEE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	280.2 KB ID:	257633

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
              ....In the afternoon I maidened this “brand new” 45 year old Lanier Rebel. ARF meant something completely different back in 1975. It took me over a year to get it all sorted out! I converted it to electric, has an E-Flite power 40 and a 4s 4000 battery.
              She looks fantastic... for an old girl! I've gotta believe it was well worth the year(+) of work put in. Very nice.. congrats!
              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post

She looks fantastic... for an old girl! I've gotta believe it was well worth the year(+) of work put in. Very nice.. congrats!
                Thanks for the complement BD! It’s no light weight, but looks really nice airborne. I’m very happy to have it flying.

Comment

• The wind is up and down all day, but took the FL 1600mm Spitfire out for her first flights of the season. She did pretty good or should I say I did pretty good, I forgot just how floaty she is and considering the wind. I did notice that she pitched up pretty good when I deployed flaps so I rolled back some of the mix. On full flaps, I had a -5 deployment and a -3 on half flaps. I did note that there was no deflection until -4 then it jumped quite a bit. Not sure what would cause that . Tried rolling out some of the expo as well, I had 30 and went to 20 which seemed to help with the slightly wet noodle feel of the controls as well. All in all. a great bird since I added the weight to the nose, a pleasure to fly, even in varying wind conditions. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2188.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	257777

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                    I was able to go flying twice today. This morning I flew the T-45 several times. A fellow club member had his new Freewing T-33 out. What a great flying jet! In the afternoon I maidened this “brand new” 45 year old Lanier Rebel. ARF meant something completely different back in 1975. It took me over a year to get it all sorted out! I converted it to electric, has an E-Flite power 40 and a 4s 4000 battery.Click image for larger version Name:	19041CE2-5558-4DEC-9871-3D7B03A3F450.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	212.4 KB ID:	257632Click image for larger version Name:	28C705E7-74FE-4F9A-A5CA-01A3CF370FEE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	280.2 KB ID:	257633
                    I sure like seeing the old kit brought up to date - great job!
                    I just inherited a not so new, framed C182 Top Flight - that will become an Electric. It’s a great feeling to get these old birds the sky they would have otherwise never seen.

Comment

• Finally was able to get to the field today even tho the temp was 94. Got 3 flights in on each airplane today.

Comment

• Got the maiden flight in on my Hangar 9 20CC Corsair tonight. Very well behaved for a heavy model!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                          Got the maiden flight in on my Hangar 9 20CC Corsair tonight. Very well behaved for a heavy model!
                          Looks great! What engine did you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Looks great! What engine did you use?
                            Thanks! I used an electric setup, Eflite Power 110 on 6S turning a 21” Varioprop.

Comment

• It’s good to be finally flying again after long lockdown of our club field. I am trying out FPV in a jet (a oldie with F-5E instrument panel). It’s getting hard to stay within field boundaries. Bank less than 45° then I am OB...

Will be transplanting the FPV gear to a smaller jet, FW T-33. It’s on the way...

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                              Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Got some air time on my Tcat today, it was hot 90 degree temp but I had fun flying and talking with some friends

Name:	tcattail.jpeg
Views:	376
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	258523

Comment

• what did i crash today,,, my beloved f4u!!!! not happy chappy ,, but,, the sun will still rise .... tip stall trying new flap settings... can save fuse think i will needwing set......f35 here in couple days hope 4 maiden flight not crash ,,,something to fly while i fix corsair ...cya

Comment

• Sorry...

Comment

• Ah bummer f4u ausie ...Sorry bro.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Bummer, man! I crashed my FW/FL Corsair late last year. Broke it in half, but glued it back together and it flies better than before.
                                        Anyway, here's what I flew today.

Name:	IMG_3663.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	258620

Comment

• Another all Flite Test day. Two flights on the Simple Scout, and one flight each on the Tiny Trainer, Versawing, Storch, Bushwacker, and Mustang. Temps at the flying field hit about 86 when I was packing up around 9:30, and wind was starting to pick up more. Closest thing to a mishap today was a pretty low dip on the Versawing launch, but managed to pull it up and clear the brush along the side of the runway. It was still a bit twitchy, even with the reduced rates and increased expo, but once I got a better feel for it, the flight smoothed out quite a bit. Since it was only the second time I'd ever flown a wing, I felt pretty good about it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X