X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
    Always a bit of an occasion breaking out the AL37. Calm winds on Easter Sunday, nowhere to go and nowhere to be. Half a dozen packs, what an absolute treat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200412_090442.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	248461
    Happy Easter to you all Down under !

Comment

• Thanks, and likewise to all of our friends across the pacific!

Comment

• Finally got to get some flying in today! Flew my Tigercat & CZ Cessna, I brought my Pandora but forgot to bring the wing for it . I took my Balsa USA Bristol but I couldn't fly it since the aileron servos would not center they kept hunting for center after releasing the stick.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	c1.jpeg
Views:	423
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	248471Click image for larger version

Name:	t1.jpeg
Views:	399
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	248472Click image for larger version

Name:	b1.jpeg
Views:	428
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	248473

Comment

• Maidened my Black Horse Do-335 today. Had an enjoyable flight, even despite the maiden-flight jitters.

---
          Warbirder

Comment

• Wow, what an amazingly unique plane. Built and flown with great skill - congrats on the maiden.

Comment

• Nice flight Oxo, congrats she really looks sweet
              rc flyin addict

Comment

• Thanks, guys! With this being the maiden flight and fighting the elevator trim for the entire flight, I flew her very sedately (other than the time I opened her up and almost had her shake apart on me, LOL) in a boring LH pattern oval. After I get the elevator trim lined out and the elevator and rudder pushrods strengthened, I’m looking forward to really wringing her out. With those inline motors and powerful motor/prop setup, I’m betting that’s she’s going to a lot of fun to fly. I gave a more in-depth maiden flight review over in the Do-335 Thread,if anyone is interested in more details on the flight.
                ---
                Warbirder

Comment

• Since I'm staying away from the flying field during this quarantine time, I took the Mavic 2 Zoom out for three flights at Cienega Creek this morning.

Comment

• Flight of the Phoenix...There was high winds, nerves and a landing that should have ended in disaster but my Flight Angels saved the day.

My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Them light poles come up quick !! Nice save

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                        Flight of the Phoenix...There was high winds, nerves and a landing that should have ended in disaster but my Flight Angels saved the day.

Any landing that doesn't require repairs, is a good landing!

Comment

• A couple of photos pulled from the videos shot yesterday with the Mavic. Total flight distance for the three flights came out over 13 miles.

Comment

• Thanks Hemidoo and Hoomi you sure got that right!
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Awesome shots, Hoomi! Love that trestle picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                                Awesome shots, Hoomi! Love that trestle picture.
                                When the Big Boy steam locomotive came through back in October, I would have loved to have seen it cross that old trestle, but they took the newer line below it instead. I've wondered if part of the reason was, not wanting to trust the weight of the largest steam locomotive in the world, to a many-decades old trestle.

Comment

• Yeah, that would have been something to see for sure. She sure is a big beautiful beast!

Comment

• Brought out the 90mm F-4, 500 size Huey, and LX B-25 for a few flights this evening. Couldn’t have asked for better flying weather, sunny and 65 deg with no wind! Got 2 flights in on each model. A friend snagged a few awesome shots of the B-25 in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                      Brought out the 90mm F-4, 500 size Huey, and LX B-25 for a few flights this evening. Couldn’t have asked for better flying weather, sunny and 65 deg with no wind! Got 2 flights in on each model. A friend snagged a few awesome shots of the B-25 in the air.
                                      WOW, that LX B-25 is a gorgeous airplane. I thought the LX-B25 was an EPO foam model (only seen it in green) but your silver looks like an ARF maybe wood and monocoat, the surface is so shiny and smooth. What's the skinny on that. Did you by any chance cover that with aluminum tape or something?
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

WOW, that LX B-25 is a gorgeous airplane. I thought the LX-B25 was an EPO foam model (only seen it in green) but your silver looks like an ARF maybe wood and monocoat, the surface is so shiny and smooth. What's the skinny on that. Did you by any chance cover that with aluminum tape or something?
                                        Thanks Hugh, the LX B-25 was a complete redo of the model. I filled in all the panel lines and covered it in aluminum tape panel by panel. Full build log over here: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...ell#post249494

Comment

• F106DeltaDart I always LOVE seeing your fantastic redo of the LX B-25! Great to see her in the air, and great pics! Thanks for sharing! (And PS Alpha isn't it time FlightLine comes out with a 2000mm+ B-25, hint, hint??)

​​​​​​​
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X