Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew the 90mm F-22 for the first time in a couple months. I somehow forgot how completely bad ass and FAST this jet was!

Click image for larger version

Name:	311c.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	241927
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
      Flew the 90mm F-22 for the first time in a couple months. I somehow forgot how completely bad ass and FAST this jet was!]
      Aros, ....and a 'Bravo-Alpha' picture, too. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• We have just Chartered another AMA Club here in the Black Hills ( Black Hills Aeromodelers ) We are just South of Rapid City 4 miles and out in the middle of some property owned by a very good friend of mine that has a Construction Company, We do not have to pay any lease money. As a retired Cat Field Tech I agreed to do repairs and welding on his machinery Off and on at a very reduced price for my work When needed occasionally. There is a nice sized Damn for float flying, a Slope off to the East where we can go Slope Soaring and, more than a square mile of wide open space to fly over. No trees, no objects to worry about while flying.We did manage to get a quick flght in with a couple Choppers, after obtaining the GPS co-ordinance.

Comment

• Winds finally died down from the 25-30mph winds we've had over the last 3 week to 10-20, so I was getting cabin fever (if that's possible in Florida) and got out for 4 flights on each the F-16 and new SU-30 (finally the maiden, whoopi). Also got 7 flights in with the Avanti. The more I fly the F-16, the more I really like it. As for the SU-30, this is an amazing flying jet. It's big and heavy (12 lbs) and has no business flying so well. Take-offs are smooth with flaperons (I fly off grass so need the extra lift), it cruises around at 50% throttle, climbs exceptionally well and performs Splits S, Cuban 8, anything you want with power to spare. Landing with the flaps was a "breeze", although towards mid afternoon the winds were up over 20 and it just didn't want to come down. High Alpha is simple with this. Used the Roaring Top 5500 70 C's (first time I tried them) and found them better than any other brand I've been using (pleasantly surprised about that). They really livened the F-16's inrunner up as well. Can't wait to get these birds out again, but so many planes I'd like to fly, so little time!

Name:	20200312_143716.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	242041Click image for larger version

Name:	SU-30 Flying.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	242042Click image for larger version

Name:	SU-30 landing.jpg
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	242043
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
            Winds finally died down from the 25-30mph winds we've had over the last 3 week to 10-20, so I was getting cabin fever (if that's possible in Florida) and got out for 4 flights on each the F-16 and new SU-30 (finally the maiden, whoopi). Also got 7 flights in with the Avanti. The more I fly the F-16, the more I really like it. As for the SU-30, this is an amazing flying jet. It's big and heavy (12 lbs) and has no business flying so well. Take-offs are smooth with flaperons (I fly off grass so need the extra lift), it cruises around at 50% throttle, climbs exceptionally well and performs Splits S, Cuban 8, anything you want with power to spare. Landing with the flaps was a "breeze", although towards mid afternoon the winds were up over 20 and it just didn't want to come down. High Alpha is simple with this. Used the Roaring Top 5500 70 C's (first time I tried them) and found them better than any other brand I've been using (pleasantly surprised about that). They really livened the F-16's inrunner up as well. Can't wait to get these birds out again, but so many planes I'd like to fly, so little time!

Name:	SU-30 landing.jpg
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	242043
            How does the SU's front retract holding up on the grass? The other forum, someone is reporting that the nose strut brace has pushed back so bad that the end stop on the bottom of the fuse has been ripped up and shoved back. I think maybe he just lands too hard on the nose gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              How does the SU's front retract holding up on the grass? The other forum, someone is reporting that the nose strut brace has pushed back so bad that the end stop on the bottom of the fuse has been ripped up and shoved back. I think maybe he just lands too hard on the nose gear.
              Just about to post on the SU-30 thread, but the nose gear landing on the grass was just fine. I was "lucky" and all my landings were nice slow touchdowns with the nose up, so I'd didn't exactly have any hard landings. Landed with landing flaps only (no speed brake on these flights yet) with the deflection at a minimal 24mm so as not to overextend the servo's. I also trimmed some of the plastic nose gear wheel cover, taking off 2 spines and angling the rest so it didn't get caught up in the grass. You will be amazed how well this jet flies, virtually no "pucker" factor. From the beginning, it felt so steady I had no qualms about doing loops, rolls, split S or Cuban 8's. First maiden I've ever done that on. First flight out it in needed minimal trimming, although I started with the elevator already having about 4 clicks of up (cause I find it easier to trim down than up on a maiden), which allowed it to fly level at 50% throttle (but at full throttle it climbs slightly). Added 3 % up elevator on the take-off flaps and 6% on landing. Can't wait to see what you think of it.
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• And if it helps, I balanced it at 132mm, in the middle of the recommended CG location. I'll experiment more as I get additional flights in, but don't need it any more nose heavy and will slowly put the battery back to see how that works. Unfortunately, even with the battery all the way back, it still balances at only 142mm, and I've got twin afterburners in it that has already added some weight to the tail.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Cute, it seems that squirrel flies better than I do.
                  A little Benny Hill tune would fit pretty good ! :-)

Comment

• Beautiful weather this morning over here, so I decided to take these 3 for a ride...!

Name:	20200314_094555.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	242359Click image for larger version

Name:	20200314_094618.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	242360Click image for larger version

Name:	20200314_094355.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	242361Click image for larger version

Name:	20200314_092016.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	242362

@all, stay safe and healty....

Comment

• Got the maiden flight and one more on my AH-6, flew great, this was my first ever fbl set-up, was very happy with the way it flew, don't think I will make any adjustments for now, very stable and it has a huge presence in the air. My buddy Mike got the maiden on video and the second flight all in one, here is the components that I have installed.

​Roban 800 AH-6
                      Kontronk 160
                      Kontronk Pyro 700-45L
                      ​​​​​​KST servos
                      Microbeast 5.0 fbl controller
                      Futaba R6203SB Rx
                      Futaba 7CH radio
                      Flights were with two Gensace 5000 60C lipos

​​
                      Attached Files

Comment

• DCORSAIR Awesome looking, AH6. Likin' the open doors and cockpit glass, though I'm thinkin', a harness or two might be required for your flight crew. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• No harnesses yet, I did tell my buddy who filmed it how funny it would be if one of them bailed out, anyway I still have some work to do on it, I'm not the original owner and didn't put it together so I have changed a few things to my liking, still want to do a few scale details but not much more, these things break easy and with too many scale details you just end up glueing parts back on and less time flying, this 800 size is so awesome that I ordered the Magnum PI version...

Comment

• Wild, Windy and Crazy flight of my HK 1875mm B-17. 3 out of 4 props did not survive.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Wild, Windy and Crazy flight of my HK 1875mm B-17.]
                              Aros, Ouch! Lovin' your 4-legged Co-Pilot. Great music in your vid. If your crew survived that's all that matters. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Aros, Ouch! Lovin' your 4-legged Co-Pilot. Great music in your vid. If your crew survived that's all that matters. Best, LB
                                Agree, the mission is all that counts, and you succeeded, let the ground crew worry about replacing the props. BTW, love the engine cowl flaps on that, would have be nice if FL did something similar with the Corsair. Would also love to see a new FL B-17, 2000mm or larger!!!! Just imagine the incredible liveries that people would come up with, not to mention the endless modifications.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	TT1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	242503 I agree, but would love to see the B-17 at least 90" Wing Span which is just under 2.3m I went out early this morning and flew my UMX Turbo Timber off the snow in the church parking lot just before the guys with their pickups and snow plows ruined my Flying field. The Temp was 20 Degrees and 5 to 10 mph winds. I could hover it and land in less than 3 ft LOL!!!! With the light dry Snow here is what I use a leave blower for
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Church.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.5 KB ID:	242502Click image for larger version  Name:	image_52705.jpg Views:	3 Size:	73.7 KB ID:	242499
                                  Last edited by Wild Man; Mar 14, 2020, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Despite a poor wind forecast, turned out to be stunning conditions to maiden this beauty this morning. What can I say. If you dont have one, go get one!

Comment

Wild, Windy and Crazy flight of my HK 1875mm B-17. 3 out of 4 props did not survive.

Saw a real B-17 flying around today....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

Saw a real B-17 flying around today....
                                        I Wonder if they were going to be in the Luke USAF base Air Show on March 21, 22 they just cancelled ? I was planing on going to the air show with my Grand kids. OH well i still plan on heading for Phoenix, Leaving here (Rapid City SD wed. or Thurs. I was out flying off the snow we just got 8" before it disappears in a few days I love flying my Air Tractor 402 with floats on it. I Did so many touch and goes the 3 M packing tape and the new paint is all worn off the bottom of the floats again. Soon I will be able to fly it off the lakes when the ice is gone.

Name:	Airbud.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	242690

Comment

• I decided to see how well my nose cone could fit through a chain link fence.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X