Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally the weather improved a bit over here in Germany, so I could maiden the T-33 Shooting Star! What a nice flying plane. Right out of the box and no trim needed. Very solid and predictable in the air. I really can recommend it as a trainer jet, what it actually really was!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	T-33-1.png
Views:	477
Size:	628.0 KB
ID:	240572Click image for larger version

Name:	T33-2.png
Views:	473
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	240573Click image for larger version

Name:	T-33-3.png
Views:	431
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	240574

Comment

• Picked up this E-flite PT-17 Stearman 1.1M from my LHS...Had some gift cards burning a hole in my wallet...Fun flyer!

My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looks great! A nice plane to add to the collection. Hmm, now what would it do with an EDF under its belly

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
          Picked up this E-flite PT-17 Stearman 1.1M from my LHS...Had some gift cards burning a hole in my wallet...Fun flyer!

Saw the video a few minutes ago. She’s such a pleasure to fly and so predictable. I wore out 2 servo on the right wing, and 3 Admiral 2200 batteries since new in 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Saw the video a few minutes ago. She’s such a pleasure to fly and so predictable. I wore out 2 servo on the right wing, and 3 Admiral 2200 batteries since new in 2018.
            I keep flight logs on all my planes and I have logged over 40 hours on my E-Flite PT-17. I have replaced the foam they leave for the hinge when cutting the bevel on the flying surfaces with pin point hinges and the hinge tape they install after painting ( poor design flaw in my book) I haven't wore out or lost any servo's but have wore out one set of main tires doing touch and go's on the Asphalt parking lot we use for a run way. I just picked up an older E-flite balsa ply PT-17 ARF With Monokote blue fuse and the yellow wing

Comment

• Went out flying a few War birds and my Red Dynum 50" by plane . Here is why I replace the foam they try using for the Hinges. I had already cut off and installed pin point hinges in the rudder and Elevator halves. it only took between 4 to 5 hours of flying time when this happened so I will cut off the other 3 Ailerons and install pin point hinges to repair and update.
              . Click image for larger version

Name:	oldy.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	240713

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

I keep flight logs on all my planes and I have logged over 40 hours on my E-Flite PT-17. I have replaced the foam they leave for the hinge when cutting the bevel on the flying surfaces with pin point hinges and the hinge tape they install after painting ( poor design flaw in my book) I haven't wore out or lost any servo's but have wore out one set of main tires doing touch and go's on the Asphalt parking lot we use for a run way. I just picked up an older E-flite balsa ply PT-17 ARF With Monokote blue fuse and the yellow wing
                Yeah, I had to rehinge the tail, just about through with the second set of tires, and starting to question the aileron hinges.

Comment

• Weird day at the field today. Wind was coming and going but settled down late morning. Out there for 5 hours all up and got through 18 packs across the Me-262, Avanti and the little eflite F15.

The 262 still scares me, but enjoyed pushing my capabilities a little with the Avanti. Flights on the F15 can only be described as reckless - funny to think back about how scared I was the first time I flew it (first EDF).

Pretty satisfying all said and done. Long weekend here but the weather looks terrible tomorrow so time for a few whiskys and a debrief.

Comment

Went out flying a few War birds and my Red Dynum 50" by plane . Here is why I replace the foam they try using for the Hinges. I had already cut off and installed pin point hinges in the rudder and Elevator halves. it only took between 4 to 5 hours of flying time when this happened so I will cut off the other 3 Ailerons and install pin point hinges to repair and update.
                    . Click image for larger version

Name:	oldy.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	240713
                    I take and run a bead of Foam-tac along the underside of the hinge and use my finger to smooth out, have not had a hinge on any of the dynam planes or others that rely on the foam as a hinge come apart. My .02.
                    AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                      It's a nice break from my adrenaline-inducing, heart-in-my-throat EDF jets that's for sure!

My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

It's a nice break from my adrenaline-inducing, heart-in-my-throat EDF jets that's for sure!
                        Aros You got that right I find it very relaxing after flying these Birds.

Name:	IM002391.JPG
Views:	418
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	240951Click image for larger version

Name:	racer.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	240952Click image for larger version

Name:	Pylonracer.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	240953

Comment

• Got two flights on my Roban Bell 212 this afternoon. Flies great and I got it all done for now. Decided to part with it and get another 800 size after all that work.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Took a few of the older birds out yesterday. Good times on a sunny Sunday!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                              WBRC ………. I don't pay a lot of attention to the majority of flight videos posted on the web but yours always draw me in because of the 360 camera.
                              So you must have a friend operating the camera operations while you're flying unless you have the unbelievable multitask skill set of some of the video FPS (first person shooter)
                              gamers I have run into while shooting zombies and the sorts whereas they type 60+ wpm taunting less capable players all the while killing everything near them
                              That big patch of water near the one end of the runway, been any water ditches by the members
                              Thx OV

I have help sometimes and I have to multitask sometimes... but I can't type worth a lol!

Yes! Most of us have ditched in the duck pond. If you're not on the throttle when you hit, it can save a foam plane. A balsa aircraft after a good soaking is another story, and they don't float very well so elecs and such get drowned. Its soft but its wet... sounds x rated!
                              There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• We caught a break and had a really nice day over the weekend. I managed several flights with the 1800mm Ranger. The video is excerpts from about six flights over the course of the day. It is a sweet flying model.

JB

Comment

• [QUOTE=wvrailfan;n241573]We caught a break and had a really nice day over the weekend. I managed several flights with the Ranger. The video is excerpts from about six flights over the course of the day. It is a sweet flying model.

My Brother likes flying his off snow with floats on it. I am getting him ready to fly off the lakes as soon as the ice melts. He also like mounting his go pro on it. Fun little plane

Name:	Ranger.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	241596

Comment

• We were out flying today. a little cold spell again 30 degrees and over cast, at least the wind was around 5 mph. I decided to make it a War Bird day so I took these three 1.2 Spitfire, 1.5 AT-6 Texan and ( Old Yeller) PT-17 had a great time even though it was a little on the cold side. My Brother had out his new E-Flite Twin Turbo Otter.
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	AT-6.jpg Views:	18 Size:	124.2 KB ID:	241598Click image for larger version  Name:	Eng.jpg Views:	11 Size:	144.2 KB ID:	241599Click image for larger version  Name:	Old Yeller.jpg Views:	11 Size:	147.8 KB ID:	241600

Comment

• Now that daylight savings time is back. My after work flights are back!

These Tundras are just so much fun for what they are. Running on 4s, it can do about whatever you throw at it! Tons of fun! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200310_185016363_HDR.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	241756

Comment

• A Stolen RC Plane https://www.facebook.com/TheLionTatt...4441204594841/

Comment

Cute, it seems that squirrel flies better than I do.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X