X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
    WBRC ………. I don't pay a lot of attention to the majority of flight videos posted on the web but yours always draw me in because of the 360 camera.
    So you must have a friend operating the camera operations while you're flying unless you have the unbelievable multitask skill set of some of the video FPS (first person shooter)
    gamers I have run into while shooting zombies and the sorts whereas they type 60+ wpm taunting less capable players all the while killing everything near them
    That big patch of water near the one end of the runway, been any water ditches by the members
    From what I understand, you edit what camera view you want afterwards. I heard it records the full 360 degree view and you choose where it "points" in the video.

Comment

• That's just so cool! What is the camera exactly? I may need to snag one of those!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• So, I tried to get my son (36) into flying with me. He just doesn't have the time.. or as much interest. He's had this Commander sittin in my hanger collecting dust for over a year now. Being he's retired Army (Tanker).. I told him about Motion's new tank line. Purchased the M1A2 and talked him into a trade! Cleaned 'er up.. fine tuned 'er.. and took 'er out for a maiden voyage this mornin. I've heard people's complaints on this plane, but she flew just fine for me. I did have to add a 1/2oz of lead up front, but CG is right in there. I like it.. fun flier.
        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• WBRC, I'm with OV10, your videos are always superb and a must watch, makes you feel like you're the REO in the bird. Not only is it a 360 degree movement, but the camera seems to be on a ball swivel capable of 360 in all axis. Noticed there is also a zoom in and out. This is some professional stuff! Keep 'em coming!
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
            Hello Gents! It was a fun day!.
            WB, Great vid. Love that camera work and the Hellcat v. Zero action. Better footage than I remember from movies and TV as a kid. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi Gents, you are all very kind! Thx!

Once upon a time, The main goal of recording my flights was to see what I was doing, both right and wrong, in the way of trying to be a better pilot. After so many recordings of planes flying the pattern, round and round, and a gradual increase in the quality of my aircraft and flying skills, getting better at making the videos was bound to come along if I were to keep at it, right? So it is growing as long as I have time and interest. lol Plus, others at the club are watching the vids and becoming more involved at the field both flying and filming.

This on board camera thing has evolved quite a bit since I first tried it though.The first 360 cam videos I created were basically just 360 camera recordings with the direction selected as JamesonC has described. Things have changed since then...

These days it isn't unusual to have three cams or more of different kinds on one aircraft and sometimes a few on the ground too to get all of the 'shots'. I also use a professional editing suite and have been studying film and movie making. I have designed different camera mounting systems and hardware over the past year or so attempting to incorporate the best of RC aircraft and cinematic video.There is a huge learning curve of completely unknown (to me) ways to do it and I'm just kinda picking away at it. For every success you see I have multiple failures. As all of these little pebbles fall together with my love for flying, it grows into this silly thing that is hard to describe. I admit I find something pleasing about successfully piloting an aircraft that I just added several cameras too and changed its CG in all 3 axis. Thrill seeking? noooo..... I just like the challenge.

I don't do it for money so hearing such kind comments from you guys means a great deal to me. The YouTube channel has grown a bit too since spending time with you guys and Motion RC here on Hobby Squawk.

So, thank you all very much for the support! Really, Thank You!

Man!... I've been looking at those tanks at MRC and thinking video stuff.... pyrotechnics... OMG! those things are cool!

-Den
              There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• I test flew two of the new E-flite 1.2 Twin Turbo Otter's for my Brother One is for his Son the Other for his Son in-law going out with the second one to do a little video if the winds go done tonight the wind came up 20 to 30 gust over 40 test flew this one in a 15 to 20 mph I was lucky it was straight down the parking lot we use for a runway
                Click image for larger version

Name:	lights.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	239765

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                  I test flew two of the new E-flite 1.2 Twin Turbo Otter's for my Brother One is for his Son the Other for his Son in-law going out with the second one to do a little video if the winds go done tonight the wind came up 20 to 30 gust over 40 test flew this one in a 15 to 20 mph I was lucky it was straight down the parking lot we use for a runway
                  Nice looking bird, love the props.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Nice looking bird, love the props.
                    Thank you Wild man Wiedman. You have some impressive looking planes your self. Those props remind me of a Song by The King! Elvis Presley (JAIL HOUSE ROCK)LOL!!! I started on a Free Wing F-86 Sabre 64mm EDF. my Brother gave me for building and test flying the Two E-Flite Turbo Otter's for him. Can not wait to get the little F-86 done and see how it preforms

Comment

• Went out this morning and test flew the second E-Flite Twin Otter. almost 50 degrees here in the black Hills, but we had a direct 10 to 15 mph cross wind out of the west and the parking lot we fly from is straight North and South. My Brother was a little hesitant about doing the test flight in these conditions. He informed me after taking off if I did anything to hurt his plane, I would have to buy it. Test flight went well and I greased it in with power and cross control needless to say he was impressed with my flying skills. LOL!!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	flight test.JPG Views:	0 Size:	113.4 KB ID:	239939Click image for larger version  Name:	flag.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.9 KB ID:	239940

Comment

• My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                          You definitely have this bad boy down and dirty! Looks incredibly stable in the air and nice landing glide slope and touchdown, even the 2nd, everyone walks away intact. Assume your using the takeoff flaps and landing flaps, just curious, how much deflection for each in mm. What battery are you flying on? I got ahold of the new Progressive RC IR meter to test the actual C of the batteries I use, and have to say I'm somewhat disappointed in the results. I'll post my finding when I finish analyzing all the different types I have (plus waiting for the Roaring Top 5500 70C this Friday to test that against the Admiral 5 & 6000 I'm using-definitely not 50C)
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

I had totally forgotten all about the heavy metal music from ACCEPT.
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

You definitely have this bad boy down and dirty! Looks incredibly stable in the air and nice landing glide slope and touchdown, even the 2nd, everyone walks away intact. Assume your using the takeoff flaps and landing flaps, just curious, how much deflection for each in mm. What battery are you flying on? I got ahold of the new Progressive RC IR meter to test the actual C of the batteries I use, and have to say I'm somewhat disappointed in the results. I'll post my finding when I finish analyzing all the different types I have (plus waiting for the Roaring Top 5500 70C this Friday to test that against the Admiral 5 & 6000 I'm using-definitely not 50C)
                              Thanks Hugh! I am sure I can squeeze some extra horses out of her if I took off all her ordinance and tanks but what's the fun in that?? lol...She looks so mean fully loaded! One day I will try her out totally clean just for shiz and giggles but I am sure I will go right back to fully loaded...I am using takeoff flaperons and landing flaperons...Sorry I don't know the mm offhand...I will try to remember to measure...I am still trying to get the elevator mix nailed. She really wants to float in ground effect so I have added a couple clicks of down to my mix...See if that helps. I am flying with RTop 5500 70Cs...They are about 3/4 through their life cycle span if I had to guess...Not quite as peppy as they used to be but still really solid. I need to snag some more...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanks Hugh! I am sure I can squeeze some extra horses out of her if I took off all her ordinance and tanks but what's the fun in that?? lol...She looks so mean fully loaded! One day I will try her out totally clean just for shiz and giggles but I am sure I will go right back to fully loaded...I am using takeoff flaperons and landing flaperons...Sorry I don't know the mm offhand...I will try to remember to measure...I am still trying to get the elevator mix nailed. She really wants to float in ground effect so I have added a couple clicks of down to my mix...See if that helps. I am flying with RTop 5500 70Cs...They are about 3/4 through their life cycle span if I had to guess...Not quite as peppy as they used to be but still really solid. I need to snag some more...
                                Thanks Aros for the info. Been flying mine on the Admiral 6000 50C, and to me still felt quite "peppy", but after checking them on the new Progressive RC IR meter, looks like the true C is maybe closer to 30 (the meter states that they are 18-20C, but in the manual they also state the measurements are conservative). Bottom line, the C is nowhere near 50 (the Admiral 5000 mah shows the same actual C of 18-20) and these batteries are all relatively new. Ordered some Roaring Top 5500 70C and can't wait to test those out - on the meter and in the jet. JlambCWU swears by these in his SU-30, so I have to give them a try in the F-16 and my SU-30. Keep you posted.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Thanks Aros for the info. Been flying mine on the Admiral 6000 50C, and to me still felt quite "peppy", but after checking them on the new Progressive RC IR meter, looks like the true C is maybe closer to 30 (the meter states that they are 18-20C, but in the manual they also state the measurements are conservative). Bottom line, the C is nowhere near 50 (the Admiral 5000 mah shows the same actual C of 18-20) and these batteries are all relatively new. Ordered some Roaring Top 5500 70C and can't wait to test those out - on the meter and in the jet. JlambCWU swears by these in his SU-30, so I have to give them a try in the F-16 and my SU-30. Keep you posted.
                                  If you look at some of the "tests" done on LiPos in the (not too distant) past, no brand of battery actually puts out the stated "C" rating on the label. The very best was almost 80% and that was a single type of battery in a single brand. Almost all others put out around 50% and many put out much less than that. That's why I always buy LiPos that are the highest rated "C" that I can afford in brands that I've seen first hand how they perform.

Comment

Ordered some Roaring Top 5500 70C and can't wait to test those out - on the meter and in the jet. JlambCWU swears by these in his SU-30, so I have to give them a try in the F-16 and my SU-30. Keep you posted.
                                    I first bought the RT 5500 70Cs when I still had my HSD 105mm F-16...I put them in that bird and she really woke up! I've flown Admirals for years and they are good, consistent batteries as well but the RT 5500 70Cs I have found to be my favorite for EDFs so far.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      If you look at some of the "tests" done on LiPos in the (not too distant) past, no brand of battery actually puts out the stated "C" rating on the label. The very best was almost 80% and that was a single type of battery in a single brand. Almost all others put out around 50% and many put out much less than that. That's why I always buy LiPos that are the highest rated "C" that I can afford in brands that I've seen first hand how they perform.
                                      xviper, that's what I'm seeing so far in the tests of my batteries as well, you're right on the money. The Admirals are 35-45% of the actual, the E-Flights closer to 50% and the Venom's are 50-60%, but still have a bunch to test. I have a lot of 30-50 C rated batteries and yet to get over 20C on any of them. As usual, I'm "late to the party" and joining the rest of you on being sorely disappointed in labeled C ratings.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• There's really useful testing results over on rcgroups. My key takeway from their results has been: if it's a light pack (relative to others) with a high C rating, it's going to be a disappointing result.

That being said if you can pull 150A from your 5000mah pack, you dont have much to worry about, even if there is hilariously high C rating on the label (so long as you're not paying above the odds for it).

Anyways, first proper flights on my new liberator this morning (after some short windy test flights last weekend). Im not the most accomplished pilot so ruddering this thing around in a scale-ish fashion is right up my alley. Such a sweet plane to fly - gobs of power and settles in nicely on its mains without any fuss at all. Have the oleo mains coming, but honestly it touches down so softly I'm not sure they're needed.

Comment

• Went out flying here in the Black Hills. We had one of the warmest days so far this year. We had out quite a few planes flew My AT-6, Extra 260, Red Dynum Waco, and my PT-17 my brother had 4 planes with him too. He has came a long way with his flying this winter. He was flying his Hobby Zone Aero Scott when I mounted one of my Go Pros on top of my PT-17. In the video if you watch close right at about 1:00 to 1:05 sec. he was flying North to south when I came in from the East going West Coming out of a split S dive pulled up and clipped the right wing on his Aero Scott with the prop of the PT-17 you can hear a click and a flash of white in the upper left of the video, it doesn't get any closer the this all that happened was the lose of about 1" of his right wing tip then we both landed. This is the fist time in over 30 years of flying I had any thing like this happen. Except mid air's with Q 40 Pylon racer's which amounts to the lose of a couple 1,000 dollar planes

Comment

Working...
                                          X