Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a nice Freewing/Flightline day yesterday. 6th flight of the T-33, upteenzillionth flights of the Spit IX and Me-262. The EFlite P-47 Flight was okay, but it’s not in the same league as the other three.

[edit] The Follow Me Truck (upgraded Axial Honcho, 1/10 scale) was fun, too. It has Emergency Lights, turn signals, and front/rear light (flashing) on switches, so that I can run any combination of the LEDs, or none, via switch throws on my DX9.
    ---
    Warbirder

Comment

• Went out and flew my E-1500 Cargo plane this morning on floats. Temp 20 degrees and a light wind also trying to learn using a go pro camera Hat cam. Floats are only way to fly off of snow or wet grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
        Went out and flew my E-1500 Cargo plane this morning on floats. Temp 20 degrees and a light wind also trying to learn using a go pro camera Hat cam. Floats are only way to fly off of snow or wet grass.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2N-fATNJ8I
        WOW, gets off quickly. Doubt my F-16 could take off in those conditions.
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

WOW, gets off quickly. Doubt my F-16 could take off in those conditions.
          Your right on that. the E-1500 Twin has some get up and go. Nothing like the jets, they are in a category of there own. Like to go to one of our small air ports here in the Black Hill to fly My 90 mm F-16 or my Twin 80 mm A-10, The guys at the air port's sure love to watch the jets.This time of the year I just love flying the 5 planes I have on Floats off the snow
          Click image for larger version  Name:	F=16.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	235242

Comment

• The EC-1500 is marketed as a “3D” plane. It can hang on it’s props. In theory, you could hold it vertical, power up and let it go.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              The EC-1500 is marketed as a “3D” plane. It can hang on it’s props. In theory, you could hold it vertical, power up and let it go.
              I have found that the best way to drop things out of the cargo bay is to put it in hover and open the cargo bay. trying to drop light items is hard not all will come out but in a hover they do. fly it on two 4 cell 3200 paralleled together to deliver 6400 mah it has enough power to put in a hovet and punch out with ease

Comment

• Precision FPV landing practice in FW L-39

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                  Precision FPV landing practice in FW L-39
                  Very nice. Looks like you've been doing it for years, well done.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	F=16.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	235242
                    Hey Wildman ………… I would absolutely subscribe if you started a build thread on that monster Wildcat
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Very nice. Looks like you've been doing it for years, well done.
                      Thanks! That was the 2nd flight ever on L-39. 1st was LOS flown normally. Though I have had plenty of practice on my prop planes with different FPV setup for a couple of years.

Comment

Thanks! That was the 2nd flight ever on L-39. 1st was LOS flown normally. Though I have had plenty of practice on my prop planes with different FPV setup for a couple of years.
                        That is awesome! Could you post some photos of your antenna config? I use the DJI system on my HK Navy Cub and have had to fight interference with the rx. Took running sat rxs out to each wing to make it consistently behave.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hey Wildman ………… I would absolutely subscribe if you started a build thread on that monster Wildcat
                          Seconded! I need to take notes
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

That is awesome! Could you post some photos of your antenna config? I use the DJI system on my HK Navy Cub and have had to fight interference with the rx. Took running sat rxs out to each wing to make it consistently behave.
                            The flight was on a friend’s setup. I did notice he had slightly blurry bands on both left and right sides. I am building my own rig this week. Will report back my findings.

Following is my DJI RE Air Unit/Antenna setup. The second antenna points down and back about 45° into the fuselage. I have never had RX interference.

Last edited by Turbinefancy; Feb 6, 2020, 05:02 PM. Reason: Added info and link

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Seconded! I need to take notes
                              Alpha I would love to. There is a lot of very precious memories that go along with this 102" FM-2 Wild Cat My brother and I ask our Uncle if he could build us a 60 glow size RC model of the FM-2 Wild Cat, He agreed to do so. We sent him the plans we had of a 40 size model with the agreement that one of us come out to Seattle. and help with the build providing during that time I teach him how to fly RC I was recovering from an accident so I went out and we got busy with both. By the time we had it built, it ended up much bigger than a 60" glow plane He took the plans to his office and blew them up to what he wanted to build. My Uncle was an Aeronautical Engineer and love to design and build RC aircraft. The engine we first flew it with was an OS BGX1. the plane is much lighter than it looks After getting the blue prints for the gear he did all the math and design work and I sodered it together, it is functional but does not retract. we covered it in Monocote. I was in the process of taking all the Monocote off and do panel lines rivets and painting it when he passed and it has been sitting ever since We built the FM-2 in 1994. he had all the building photo's of it and I do not know what ever happened to them. I will never forget him. My older Brother and I need to finish it in his honor before we go

Comment

Precision FPV landing practice in FW L-39
                                Amazing! Good job, also the DJI fpv is good quality!

Comment

• Had some great weather today and split the day between full scale flying and RC. Took the Enstrom out flying this morning, and stopped by RC field on the way back from the airport. Got in one flight on the FMS Tigercat, and 2 on the Rotorscale Airwolf. The little 450 Airwolf handled the 10-15 mph wind surprisingly well!

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	229848EF-07B8-4D37-8EC8-F768B91FEEA6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	235828 Not a great day yesterday, as it was the first time an airplane did not return home with me. You know it was bad if I don’t fix it. Post Mortem showed a failed elevator servo - she nosed in as I added flaps to land. I had a nice mix that produced no pitch changes when flaps were added.

Comment

• Elbee
                                      Elbee commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      F22, Ouch. Very sorry. Sincerely, LB

• We all hate it when this happens. That is a Huge OUCH seems like we are always looking for the expiration date hopefully it is later then sooner or just not at all.. Been there done that have the T shirt.

Comment

• Yep sorry man. We all know the feeling. Ugh.

Flew the Blue Angel on the first sunny day in the Pacific Northwest in what feels like forever.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• F22trainer It will buff out..... Wow, pretty broken Bro! Sorry, but get back on the horse and get a shiny new bird!! Blessings, Jerry

Comment

Working...
                                        X