Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you fly today?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

What would be really fun, is to have the guy that modified the AL37 into a KC-135 bring his plane over, and then take off a minute or so before you launch the SR-71.

Back in the late 1970s, I went on an Air Force TDY to Kadena AB, Okinawa. They had several SR-71 flying out of there, and I was told by someone stationed there, that you could tell when one was going to take off shortly. A tanker would always take off a short time before the Habu, so that they could rendezvous at altitude and top off the tanks before the high-speed run.
    Yep! Needed to refuel before their sorties. Love it, thanks for sharing!

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Spent all afternoon flying today. Brought out the 600 UH-1N, B-25, and B-24. Got some great flights in despite some gusty winds. Things are starting to heat up here already, was 90 deg most of the afternoon. Once things hit 100, it’s back to “Texas Building Season” 😆.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	CAEB3C5D-ABF2-4E3E-B821-33B91EC3D2C7.jpeg
Views:	423
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	251600

Comment

• Heading into autumn here so flying days arent a guaranteed thing. Today however was just about perfect.

Probably approaching 20 flights on the F-22 now so getting a lot more comfortable with it. Truly is a special bird.

Name:	20200427_100520.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	384.6 KB
ID:	251591

Comment

• Hey DD, I'll bet that aluminum B 25 was the only bird at the field that was still cool! My P-51 is like that, good old reflective chrome tape!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Did your package arrive yet???

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
              Spent all afternoon flying today. Brought out the 600 UH-1N, B-25, and B-24. Got some great flights in despite some gusty winds. Things are starting to heat up here already, was 90 deg most of the afternoon. Once things hit 100, it’s back to “Texas Building Season” 😆.

Name:	CAEB3C5D-ABF2-4E3E-B821-33B91EC3D2C7.jpeg
Views:	423
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	251600
              Great looking lineup DD. Yep, when it's "not winter" it's up before the crack of dawn and get to the field before the sun comes up. Usually done by 9:45-10:00 when I start dripping with sweat..

Comment

• After working from home for 2 1/2 weeks and no Click image for larger version

Name:	image_55826.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	252287 flying since field closed a month ago, tomorrow I will fly with a client for 3 hours in his M-600 and then in the simulator for another 3 hours. The field opens Saturday and I will try to get as many airplane in the CX-7 as will fit, including the Ryan.
                she is becoming much more enjoyable to fly and getting far less chin scrapes from nose overs. LoL! I got some serious gear improvements done and much needed touch ups.
                Charging batteries today. Be safe out there, fliers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                  Did your package arrive yet???
                  nothing yet HW, still waiting, sooner or later it will

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Still not getting out to the flying field, but decided to do a little hovering practice with the inexpensive heli. I'm still a beginner with helicopters, so when I say, "hovering practice," it means the heli is moving around a LOT more than it should. Still, flying and landing without crashing, counts as a success for me.

I might have to break down and order one of the little XK helis from MRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Hey DD, I'll bet that aluminum B 25 was the only bird at the field that was still cool! My P-51 is like that, good old reflective chrome tape!

Grossman56
                      You bet! The aluminum really helps keep temps reasonable. It is one of my only foam models that I can leave in the sun and not really worry about it!
                      Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Great looking lineup DD. Yep, when it's "not winter" it's up before the crack of dawn and get to the field before the sun comes up. Usually done by 9:45-10:00 when I start dripping with sweat..
                      Thanks Hardway! Morning is definitely the way to go. Unfortunately, all of the local fields have the flight line facing East, so if you go in the morning you are blinded by the sunrise. I can pretty much only fly in mornings when it is cloudy.

Comment

• Well, we have absolutely gorgeous weather going here in SE Texas so a few of us decided to go fly. For the most part is was great. Got to fly 3 of the 4 airplanes I took to the field.

Name:	RoughDay_01.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	252490

The not so good thing that happened was I got in a hurry strapping in the battery to my Corsair and didn't pay attention to where the metal loop was when I pulled, probably too hard, on the strap. The metal loop was at the corner of the battery and when I pulled on it it must have caved in the corner and shorted as the battery burst into flames. I sprinted to my truck to grab my welding gloves and was back and yanking the flaming mess out of the airplane within 15 seconds easy. Still, the damage was quickly done... Lesson to be taken away: Be mindful of where the loop is when tightening down your battery. Also, keep your gloves with you at the bench. One little mistake and there's $580 down the drain.

Name:	RoughDay_02.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	436.2 KB
ID:	252491

Name:	RoughDay_03.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	526.8 KB
ID:	252492

Comment

• Sorry Bro!!!! That really sucks for sure!!!

Comment

• Beeg Holey Moley, glad you're okay. Can that be fixed with a new fuselage and battery? Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Ouch! Usually, we worry about "crash and burn." I guess you skipped the "crash" part!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                Beeg Holey Moley, glad you're okay. Can that be fixed with a new fuselage and battery? Best, LB
                                I added up the parts I'd need and for an extra $100 I can get the whole thing and not have to salvage and re-install everything. If I could buy just one wing and the motor didn't get toasted It'd be worth it to rebuild. Basically everything in the fuselage from canopy/elev/rudd servo forward and the left wing root are fried plus loosing an Admiral 6s, 5000 battery and the receiver.. I could probably fill and sand the left wing root but I have too many other projects that need my time.

Comment

• Elbee
                                  Elbee commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Well that just suuuux. Sorry, Brother. Looks like it could be good Tank fodder, so ya got that going for ya. LOL, Best, LB

• @Hoomi Yeah, when my wife asks if I crashed any of my planes today I can truthfully tell her no!

Comment

• Flew the Carbon Z T-28 for the first time this season today:

And also the Eflite SU-30 .................................

Comment

• That T-28 looks like a nice-flying bird!

Comment

• Hoomi It flies extremely well - fast when you want it, slow when you need it to be and lands like a hovercraft. I think a complete novice could fly it and look good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                        Well, we have absolutely gorgeous weather going here in SE Texas so a few of us decided to go fly. For the most part is was great. Got to fly 3 of the 4 airplanes I took to the field.

Name:	RoughDay_01.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	252490

The not so good thing that happened was I got in a hurry strapping in the battery to my Corsair and didn't pay attention to where the metal loop was when I pulled, probably too hard, on the strap. The metal loop was at the corner of the battery and when I pulled on it it must have caved in the corner and shorted as the battery burst into flames. I sprinted to my truck to grab my welding gloves and was back and yanking the flaming mess out of the airplane within 15 seconds easy. Still, the damage was quickly done... Lesson to be taken away: Be mindful of where the loop is when tightening down your battery. Also, keep your gloves with you at the bench. One little mistake and there's $580 down the drain.

Name:	RoughDay_02.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	436.2 KB
ID:	252491

Name:	RoughDay_03.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	526.8 KB
ID:	252492
                                        Sorry for your loss!!

Comment