Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick video of the Black Horse 2350mm Gilmore Red Lion doing what air racers do. Thanks to clubmate Josh for shooting the footage. The landing was too hot, but the bird took it in stride. Subsequent landings were better.

The Gilmore is electric powered with a DualSky G6000.9 160kv motor on 12S, turning a 26x10 prop. It's not lacking for power at all. The two 6S 8000mah lipos were at 3.93v per cell and cool after the flight.

Comment

• I went out early, right before sunup 5:30 and flew many flights with Four of my EDF's and Chopper I did get a few video's here is one of my E-Flite Twin 64 mm A-10 Hog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1A7mPQIH1Y

Comment

• Flightline Corsair, Eflite Mystique RES, Flightline OV-10, SebArt Mig 29. Another beautiful morning. All flew great. Everything came back in one piece.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3693.JPG
Views:	451
Size:	339.0 KB
ID:	263612

Comment

• Few the 600 UH-1N, Hangar 9 Corsair, and FMS P-40 this morning in an attempt to beat the heat wave. Had a very strong crosswind and one of the most gut clenching landings I’ve had on the Corsair. It was coming in at nearly a 45 deg crab angle on approach and I somehow got a smooth landing out of it. Decided not to try that one again! Also got in 2 flights on both the P-40 and 600 UH-1N as well.

Comment

• Got 15 flights in today, 5 each on the Avanti, Stinger 90 and F-4. Took the SU-30 out but the grass was too long and it never got off. Our clubs lawn equipment all broke down, however, they are looking at getting a new one that they tried out yesterday. Only problem is it only cuts the grass 1" long, where before the equipment cut it down to 5/8". That extra grass made it look like it was in soup. If they buy this machine, I'm outta luck cause my SU-30 and my F-16 will never get off. Even the other jets clearly noticed the difference as they had a rough time getting off. Of the 500 members, I'm one of the few who fly electric, most are gas and turbine, so things aren't looking good. One more thing to go to heck this year. I'm seriously bummed. I wanted to try the Hobbystar 8000 on the SU-30, but no point.

Additionally, I had something weird happen to my DX9. Got it new at the beginning of the year and it has worked great (over 150 flights) up till today. All of a sudden, the roller quit working. The button part of it worked, went to the menu, but the roller was "dead". Turned it on/off several times and still nothing. Then I started pushing every button I could find and toggling all the switches, shut it off, turned it on and it started working again. Anyone heard of such a thing that would make the roller not work? Left a technical support message with HH, but this is just weird. It works fine now.

Name:	20200715_095758.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	264038Click image for larger version

Name:	20200715_095740.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	264039
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
              Additionally, I had something weird happen to my DX9. Got it new at the beginning of the year and it has worked great (over 150 flights) up till today. All of a sudden, the roller quit working. The button part of it worked, went to the menu, but the roller was "dead". Turned it on/off several times and still nothing. Then I started pushing every button I could find and toggling all the switches, shut it off, turned it on and it started working again. Anyone heard of such a thing that would make the roller not work?
              I've had a DX8 G2 for several years now and only last week, the roller button glitched. The roller works but the button part will only beep in certain menus. It works, just no beep sometimes and no noticeable detent.
              Wouldn't ya know it, I had a used back up DX8 G2 that I sold only 2 weeks ago. Oh well, when this one quits, I'll just buy a new one.

Comment

• xviper don't you just hate intermittent electrical glitches? I upgraded to the DX9 from my old DX6 so I could get additional channels to set up flaperons in the SU-30 and it's worked great until this last glitch. The old DX6 was starting to give me problems with the 3 position Switch B that I used for my dual rates (sometimes it wouldn't change and had to flip it hard), but otherwise it worked great for 5 or 6 years. I've messed around with the DX9 since this happened this morning but can't get it to go bad again. Just wish I new what caused it to begin with.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Got in a few sunrise flights this morning. picked up the Piper Cherokee (Outacite) last week and got 'er maiden flight done today. Spot on fantastic scale flyer! The navigation lights are perfect for sunrise flying. The nav lights on the lil' Timber do well too. All in all.. a good morning..
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• What did I fly this morning, nothing!! .About a month ago I some how manage to tweak my back/neck area, ended up with a bulging disc on the right side which is pushing on the nerves to my right arm, so its hard to hold the transmitter and move the sticks, left side it good though, might have to get one of those single stick radios, lol. So with the Covid thing going on, its making it difficult to get in and get it fixed, sure miss flying thats for sure, keep the posts coming and pics, keeps me motivated and not to sell the rest of my rc stuff, 36 yrs of flying and never had anything like this happen, I knew I shouldn't have ordered that new Roban OH-6 Cayouse, oh well, I am addicted to this hobby and that's all there is to it...

Here is a video of the exact Roban OH-6 Cayouse that I have coming, all the way from Germany, its already on its way, it just left Germany a few days ago so I figured a month or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                      Got in a few sunrise flights this morning. picked up the Piper Cherokee (Outacite) last week and got 'er maiden flight done today. Spot on fantastic scale flyer! The navigation lights are perfect for sunrise flying. The nav lights on the lil' Timber do well too. All in all.. a good morning..
                      Glad you like the Piper, it’s a solid flying airplane.

Comment

• Maidened my Bird of Time EP. Flew great, did not want to come down, lol.

My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Flew several planes yesterday, Tigercat, Cessna 150, Corsair, & the Bearcat. Tried to fly my B-26 but after repainting it some paint dried in the pushrods so I have to free them up. Have to fix the Bearcat since I landed short of the runway in some taller grass. Ordered new wings and decals to fix this bird.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	bc1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	264468 The new extended retracts Click image for larger version

Name:	image_58987.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	264469

Comment

• One flight each on all of these today, under overcast skies. Temps at the field this morning ranged from the high 80s to the mid 90s, and a breeze from the south varying between about 4 mph and 8 mph. A few drops of rain, but not enough to cause any problems, though I could see some heavier rainfall off in the distance. It's been nice, the last two trips to the field, to get the Stinger back into the air.

Comment

• Drove up to my nearest AMA field in Gunnison (Utah) this morning and had the place to myself.
                              Light winds, sunshine, my Pandora and Blade 230S-V2 == another day in paradise!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                ...under overcast skies. Temps at the field this morning ranged from the high 80s to the mid 90s, and a breeze varying between about 4 mph and 8 mph.
                                Pretty much describes flying conditions at the field here in Phoenix this morning. I mainly had the Commander up today. It needed some touch up service on the surface controls. So it got the most flight time today. I did have time to get one flight on the Cherokee before I had to run though.

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• From the really big to the medium to the little runt. Tried to get some videos but the dumb camera failed me.

Name:	IMG_3701.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	311.7 KB
ID:	264811

Comment

• XVIPER. Have you flown your Eflite 80 mm F-4 with the tanks and armament on it ? When I flew mine with the tanks and missiles I found that the Center drop tank, decreases the air flow to the fan. So on all flights since I do not fly it with the Center tank mounted under it

Click image for larger version  Name:	bombs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.1 KB ID:	264825

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                                      Drove up to my nearest AMA field in Gunnison (Utah) this morning and had the place to myself.
                                      Light winds, sunshine, my Pandora and Blade 230S-V2 == another day in paradise!
                                      My mother-in-law and brother-in-law live in Manti. We usually get up there once a year for a visit, but with the virus situation, it's not looking like we'll get up there this year. Nice to know, though, that there's an AMA field nearby, should I decide to pack a plane or two.

Comment

• I would like to recognize my son Enoch who completed two years of flying a plane every day. Inspired by George Baker of Tired Iron Aviation he did a large part of it with the little XK Edge A-430. It has made him a heck of a pilot. To commemorate the occasion he is getting a 64mm F-18 at his request. Way to go Enoch!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200722_152546_copy_2016x1512.jpg Views:	0 Size:	301.9 KB ID:	265133

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                          I would like to recognize my son Enoch who completed two years of flying a plane every day. Inspired by George Baker of Tired Iron Aviation he did a large part of it with the little XK Edge A-430. It has made him a heck of a pilot. To commemorate the occasion he is getting a 64mm F-18 at his request. Way to go Enoch!
                                          Great job Enoch! He's one of our best pilots (much better than me)
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X