X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Great job with a rare kit. How does she handle?
    Saw a couple on FleaBay and almost had to go for it.
    Thanks! It’s not a great performer with the motor/esc setup it has, but it flies nice. When I built it, I reduced the dihedral by about half, added ailerons, and reduced the size of the horizontal stabilizer by about 33%. With a little rudder/aileron mix, it makes nice coordinated turns. Overall, better flier than I expected.
    They don’t give those old Sterling kits away for cheap any longer, do they?!😂

Comment

• Got some great flights in today, almost forgot how well that FL Corsair flies and lands, smooth as silk. And the A-10 continues to be one of my favorites to fly. Amazed at how easily it lands.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201030_123848.jpg Views:	0 Size:	295.4 KB ID:	283394Click image for larger version  Name:	20201030_123832.jpg Views:	0 Size:	295.1 KB ID:	283395

There is a YouTube of the Corsair flying taken by RudyD54, but he missed the best part, a great 2 point landing, and I need all the good landings I can get!!

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• About as nearly perfect weather for flying this morning at the field, with comfortable temperatures and very little breeze until between 10:30 and 11:00. Two flights on the Tiny Trainer, and one flight each on the Scout, Storch, Stinger, Versawing, and Bushwacker. Only problems today were, on the very first launch of the morning, with the Tiny Trainer, the transmitter started beeping right after take-off with the low battery alert. Circled around, landed, changed the Tx batteries, and took off again. Later, when flying the Bushwacker, I noticed it was being really difficult to control. After a couple of laps around the pattern, I brought it in and found one of the aileron servos had come loose.

The plane in the second photo kept making passes over the field without alerting us ahead of time (how rude!).

(Our flying field is between some agricultural fields, and we periodically get to watch the planes dusting the fields. Sometimes, we're right on their turn-around path. When this happens, we keep a close eye out, and make sure to stay out of their way.)

Comment

• It was a chilly (0C) and blustery morning today but sunny. Got some really enjoyable flights in before the wind really picked up and the wind chill was hard to tolerate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3752.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	283537

Comment

• Got in a few flights on the 500 size Apache this morning for the first time in well over a year. Was great to finally get it back up in the air and shake some of the dust off!

Comment

• Got 4 flights in on each of the F-16, F-4, SU-30 and my Extreme Flight 60" Edge. A little windy but beats laying on the couch watching football. After seeing RudyD54 fly his new Mig, I have to say the SU-30 is just a pig, at least on grass (and I upgraded the nose wheel to a 2 1/4" from the stock 1 7/8"). Even with a 12-15 mph headwind on take-off and flaperons, it barely got off and took about 250 feet (that Mig got off in 100 feet on our grass with no wind). The SU-30 is OK in the air, looks kind of cool on the ground and in the air, but that Mig flies circles around it! Flight time is only about 3:30 on the SU-30 with a 6000 (Rudy gets 4-5 on 2 5000's) and definitely does not land like the Mig. Need to keep some power up or it drops like a rock, unlike the Mig which seems to float in high alpha nicely. But I still like flying it, it keeps me on my toes.

Name:	20201101_113003.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	283661Click image for larger version

Name:	20201101_112948.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	283662
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Did some FPV bashing around with F14 - T33 and a Viper

Comment

• Here in S.D. we have already had a touch of winter. So I got to fly a few of my float planes off snow. Now we are back to nice 70 degree weather and next week back in the 30 degree stuff

Name:	S150.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	284211Click image for larger version

Name:	s1500.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	284212Click image for larger version

Name:	a504.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	284213

Comment

• One of them looks like a carbon z 150. Like that plane .. Gota have a go at floats. At some point

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	planes.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	284428Click image for larger version

Name:	planes1.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	284429
                      Had great day flying my Tigercat and my OV10. Perfect temp and light breeze coming straight down the runway!

Comment

• A 70 something day here in iowa. Took advantage of the weather with the F86 and P38.
                        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Flew my T-33 using FPV smoothly to shoot the ever photogenic Tomcat head-on in my chase cam. Tomcat was flown using head-tracking FPV to stay in trail, too!
                          YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                          Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• And here's the inflight video:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                            Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                            Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• My favorite year round plane - Flex Innovations FV-31 Cypher. Got a new white one a few weeks ago. The grey one is kept for parts.

Comment

• I put one of these new FMS Chinese CJ6 Chinese Air Show team planes for a friend and test flew it today. The CJ6 is a very could flying plane for the intermediate Pilot The nose gear is a little Flimsy, but I guess we can't have every thing LOL!!! I test flew it with all high rates and no expo. After the first flight I dialed in dual the rates and some expo Rlies much nicer now and is very stable in flight. Flies very nice on the low rates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNs1n1l39dE&t=16s

Comment

• My Brother and I went out again today before Our weather here in the Black Hills of SD drops to 30 degrees again Monday. I took out one of my Cessna 150's with wheels. the CJ-6 and my T-33 for some relaxing flights. I love flying the Cessna 150 low and slow doing figure 8's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhrEBJ-UfJo

Comment

• Two flights each on the Tiny Trainer, Simple Scout, and the Stinger. One flight on the Versawing, and a little bit of time trying out another club member's FPV rig on a Radian. Kind of iffy wind today, but not enough to spoil the flying.

Comment

• Finally got in another evening flight with the QQ .
                                      in flight pics didn't show well ! Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201108-204205_Photos.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	285029

Comment

• Was finally able to get to the field this morning and fly 2 packs on each. Wind was dead calm at 8am so made for a nice morning to fly!

Comment

• It was a beautiful Saturday in WV so I took three favorites to the field, my FMS Trojan FMS Mustang and Freewing T-33. This time of year you can't waste a pretty day!

JB

Comment

Working...
                                          X