X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
    Really wanted to get out and put a plane up in the snow storm that was upon N. Texas today. But I didn’t want to risk getting my van stuck in the snow. The field is down hill and there aren’t any snow plows running up and down every street in this area.

So, I took a chance and put up my Mavic Pro in the middle of a snow storm, with temps right at “0” degrees wind chill factor. Well below the recommended temps. Just had to see what it would do!
    Well speaking as someone who spent the weekend shoveling snow I could only dream of flying and you actually did it! Bravo Zulu friend!!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Well speaking as someone who spent the weekend shoveling snow I could only dream of flying and you actually did it! Bravo Zulu friend!!
      Aros ! Same here , yet the old phone cable snap out and cut in two a tree, glad no one was on the side walk.
      however took umx on floats and did few flights on it. So old and still rock the sky. ( cessna 182 )
      took also the 450 heli for a spin . When snow ,heli is the answer. Heli photo wasn’t yesterday, few day’s prior during 2 min of “ sun “ light.

Attached Files

Comment

• FUN indoor flight with LOOPS!

Comment

• It was a fun breezy day of flying with Ben’s new Freewing SU-35. I was really, really worried about him flying his new Christmas gift from his wife in this 15 mph semi-crosswind. We squeezed in a few flights before the start of the Super Bowl.

What a way to kick off the evening!

Comment

• Got in a few flights on the Bell 47 yesterday amidst intermittent power outages.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
              Got in a few flights on the Bell 47 yesterday amidst intermittent power outages.
              Looks awesome, I have one of those as well in yellow, had the green Mash one years ago but I sold it, bought the Yellow one a few years later and still have it in flying condition but its on electric now using the stock clutch and Century conversion kit.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Looks awesome, I have one of those as well in yellow, had the green Mash one years ago but I sold it, bought the Yellow one a few years later and still have it in flying condition but its on electric now using the stock clutch and Century conversion kit.
                Nice! Not many of them around, and they fly so nicely. Mine has quite a few mods from the stock version to put it in a D model MASH configuration. Saw your for sale ad over on RCG and even considered buying it as a backup. Unfortunately, the recent mess here in Texas has left me with other expenses for the moment.

Comment

Nice! Not many of them around, and they fly so nicely. Mine has quite a few mods from the stock version to put it in a D model MASH configuration. Saw your for sale ad over on RCG and even considered buying it as a backup. Unfortunately, the recent mess here in Texas has left me with other expenses for the moment.
                  Yeah, I was fixing to see if anyone might want one, so I decided to sell it, I've had it for a long time and have a chance to own a Roban 700 Apache, so I needed some extra funds for that. My brother and his kids live in Querro TX, so I heard about the weather there right now, kind of crazy from what I understand.

Comment

• Finally got out today after 6 weeks of not flying, 4 weeks on vacation at Disney (if you call that a vacation, which I don't) and last couple weeks ferociously windy. Turned out to be a beautiful day, 12-17 mph winds at a slight cross, but I'll take it. Felt like I forgot to fly so I took out some of my easiest flyers. Got 20 flights in, 5 each on my A-10, Corsair, Spitfire and Mustang. Most of the time I had the entire field to myself (most guys getting ready for Florida Jets), so it was a relaxing day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210315_131942.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	304290Click image for larger version

Name:	20210315_132057.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	304291
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh ! Glad to ear you were able to spread the wings ... they all looking good !

Comment

• Feels good to scratch that itch!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
                          Feels good to scratch that itch!!!!
                          Most definitely was an itch that needed heavy scratching. I usually can get out a couple times a week so I was like an addict going through withdrawal. Now I need the winds to calm down just a tad so I can get my 2 F-4's out and my F-18 Canadian. Installed the 12 blade 1835 Kv inrunner in all three and dying to try that fan out. I'm using it in the F-16 and it's a real beast, so I'm expecting great things on it, especially with the F-18. That flew well on the old stock 9 blade 1750 KV outrunner, but just testing them out on the bench I could see a huge difference. And the F-18 should really benefit from it since it's about 1.2 pounds heavier than the stock jet with all the modifications I did to it, especially the cockpit which added 160 g of extra weight in the nose.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• First day this year back at the field. Good to be flying again!

Name:	E0FBB866-DF09-42C8-90E2-66F8078EC779.jpeg
Views:	347
Size:	370.6 KB
ID:	304562

Comment

• Was a beautiful day here as well. Got out with the hangar 9 P-47 today. Running a saito fg-21 in it. Flys so we'll!!

Name:	IMG_20210312_124814155.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	304726

Hoping for the weather to be good tomorrow so I can get it out again and the the Al37 is ready for some more flight time.

Comment

• Another nice day here in Ohio.

Name:	F8FD584F-574B-4CB1-9673-4430B8C9D857.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	305131

Comment

• Got out.today for a few quick flights. Took out the newly decaled AL37 and the F-86

Name:	IMG_20210322_155155613.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	305295

Name:	IMG_20210322_161224121.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	305296

Comment

• Finally got some flight time in as it's been quite windy lately, but we still had 12-15 mph and gusty, but had to get out. Got 4 flights in on each of my F-4, F-16, Stinger 90 and Avanti. I had recently installed the 12 blade 1835 Kv inrunner in the F-4, upgrading it from the original 9 blade 1750 Kv outrunner. Holy Cow, what a difference. Of course the sound was 1000 times better, but it took off the grass in something like 40 feet (surprised the hell out of me), was significantly quicker and climbed like a ballistic missal. I had that 12 blade in the F-16 when I first built it, so I knew it had tons of power. I always liked my 2 F-4's (the other I did in the Blue Angels scheme), but with that 12 blade inrunner, I absolutely love flying it now. Guess there's no substitute for horsepower. RudyD54 showed up with his Mig that he just finished installing the TV nozzles in and it flew incredible (go to the Mig thread if you want to see some outstanding videos of it).

Name:	20210322_122538.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	305349Click image for larger version

Name:	20210322_122603.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	305350
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Got some evening flying in yesterday with the Eflite Hurricane. Love how well the lights show up at dusk!
                                      Hey,
                                      this one looks cool.

I recently inherited one, its like 8 years or so old.
                                      Question ? Did you install the lights?
                                      the solid wire suspension on mine is not good for asphalt did you upgrade yourself?
                                      Are you still flying with the huge iron block in the nose ?

Comment

• Woke up this morning. Nice and calm.
                                        Check the weather, wind with big gusts crossways across the runway.
                                        Look outside. Nice and calm Loaded the car and head to field, stopping for coffee. Still calm.
                                        Arrive at field, calm. Open door

WIND!!!!

DANGIT

Still got a flight in on an old mustang I have for marginal conditions. Wind started as cross from the west, then from the south then back around to north, then northwest when the timer went off.

Welcome to Spring in NM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aamz13 View Post

Hey,
                                          this one looks cool.

I recently inherited one, its like 8 years or so old.
                                          Question ? Did you install the lights?
                                          the solid wire suspension on mine is not good for asphalt did you upgrade yourself?
                                          Are you still flying with the huge iron block in the nose ?
                                          Thanks, yes I installed the lights. I also used Freewing Retracts and the main gear struts from the Flightline P-38 Upgrade set. The nose weight was left as-is.

Comment

Working...
                                          X