X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
    Thanks, yes I installed the lights. I also used Freewing Retracts and the main gear struts from the Flightline P-38 Upgrade set. The nose weight was left as-is.
    Lights will be a nice project. I like flying this one really low, so its going to be more visible.
    I went through my parts bin and I found old suspension strut landing gears from my Me-262, they will be installed on the hurricane soon.

Comment

• Successful maiden this morning on my new V1200. What a rocket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1C7C6C70-8A55-4D29-81D6-773257161B73.jpeg
Views:	416
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	305670

Comment

• I ADDED MORE COLOR TO MINE ALSO. I like yours better though, nice job EA-6 B Geek Our local police got mine on their radar at 163 mph. Fun pylon racer, my Nelson powered Q40 is faster My need for speed Planes

Comment

• I went out today and played test Pilot most of the morning until about 2;30 I flew my T-33 First. Then I put the first test flight on my bird cage F4U-1A Corsair. The ailerons were way off and banked to left bad, retrimmed but went the wrong way went left instead of right. Then I retrimmed and went to far right and had to go back left. elevator and rudder were just fine after that little excitement I decided to make a low pass chickened out and just landed instead next was a Mamba 10 a friend gave to me that test flight went just fine. About that time my older brother had me test fly a new Yellow Eflite T-28 and a new Eflite CJ-6 that went off trouble free here is the test flight of my F-4U Corsair and a photo of the plane I took to the field today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzucmjSlliQ

Name:	TP1.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	305724Click image for larger version

Name:	TP2.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	305725Click image for larger version

Name:	TP3.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	305726

Comment

• I got out today with my new FMS Futura.

Name:	IMG_20210325_121749912.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	305729

Its hands down the best EDF I've flown to date.

Comment

• here is a video of the second flight of the Mamba 10 I flew for the first time today This plane was given to me, it even had a Spektrum remote receiver hooked up to the Aura 8 the plane comes with I love the 3D Fight mode, but know I am going to change the modes to the 3D Expert flight modes and get the Crow function set up in it and go to the 4 cell set up I haven't flown any 3D for years. This one is a fun little 3D bi-plane. The first 3cell 2200 was not in very good condition and is about three years old time to recycle it LOL!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX9E1JTnp4o

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                here is a video of the second flight of the Mamba 10 I flew for the first time today This plane was given to me, it even had a Spektrum remote receiver hooked up to the Aura 8 the plane comes with I love the 3D Fight mode, but know I am going to change the modes to the 3D Expert flight modes and get the Crow function set up in it and go to the 4 cell set up I haven't flown any 3D for years. This one is a fun little 3D bi-plane. The first 3cell 2200 was not in very good condition and is about three years old time to recycle it LOL!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX9E1JTnp4o

Looks like that thing is in great shape for a free plane. You seem to have no issues with it in the air. Cheers to a good flight & good flying plane!

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post

Looks like that thing is in great shape for a free plane. You seem to have no issues with it in the air. Cheers to a good flight & good flying plane!
                  I was wondering how the Aura stuff works All I had to was to Bind it and Reassign Channel 5 (gear two position switch to a 3 position switch to have all 3 pre programed Flight modes and it was ready. Other than checking control throws. Easiest plane I have ever set up Now I need the bigger motor for the 4cell set up I never have enough power LOL!!! Especially in a 3D plane

Comment

• I have the flex cap232 with the aura 8 and it's fantastic! I use thier preset configuration and love it. The 3d mode give so much surface movement initiating flat spins and such is so easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
                      I got out today with my new FMS Futura.

Name:	IMG_20210325_121749912.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	305729

Its hands down the best EDF I've flown to date.
                      And a great looking jet too !

Comment

• Beautiful day today with winds of only 10-14 mph, but right down the runway. Got in 20 flights, 5 each on my F-4 Phantom, the F-16 "Wild Weasel", my A-10 Arctic Thunder and the "Flying Pig" SU-30. I had recently upgraded the fan in the F-4 to the 12 blade 1835 Kv inrunner, and it now flies incredible, giving me about 4 minutes of aggressive flying (and it sounds incredible). The fan I changed out was the original 9 blade 1750 Kv outrunner, so it was a big upgrade. Did my F-4 Blue Angel and the F-18 Canadian with the same fan and the fleet is now "Blazing". I also get 5 minutes of flight time on the F-16 (with the same fan, but a HS 8000 mah battery) and of course getting 5:00 with the A-10 with 2 RT 6250's. Life is Gooooood! ​ Then there's the SU-30, but damn it, I'm going to fly it to death till I get satisfied with it (and it's getting there but after 50 flights). Only get 3:20 flight time, but now using a lighter 5000 mah battery and it actually flies pretty decent, get's off the grass fine and climbs and rolls over at an acceptable rate.

Got a short video of one of the F-4 flights. Also flew with Tonybons who showed up at our field after driving from Orlando to test out one of his large turbines. Interesting to meet someone in person whom I've exchanged a few PM's with.

Thursday heading out again with mostly the same cast of characters but will also get the F-18 Canadian in the mix as I need more flight time with the new 12 blade inrunner fan in it and the winds are supposed to minimal (a rarity for us in the Winter/Spring)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210329_121056.jpg Views:	0 Size:	258.2 KB ID:	306432

Rockin' With the F-4 Phantom and the 12 Blade Inrunner:
                        ​​​​​​​

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Awesome flying day and yes Hugh great to finally meet you.

Tony

Comment

• XK K123!

K123 backyard fun!

Comment

• Beautiful day today, got in 23 flights, 6 on my F-18 Canadian with the new 12 blade inrunner (the ONLY Fan to have in this, incredible power, speed and wonderful woosh sound), 4 on my F-4 with the same fan, 4 on my F-16 also with the same fan, 4 on the SU-30 and 5 on the Avanti. Only about 5 other pilots out today, but everyone got to fly alone (great for me, but the way I fly, probably better for the other pilots). RudyD54 also made it out with his TV Mig and his new FMS Dessault Rafale, which flew great (he'll upload a video of some of the flights, somewhere). When I get around to it, I'll also upload a video of the F-18 Canadian. I'm soooo addicted to that 12 blade inrunner now!

Name:	20210401_121010.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	306816Click image for larger version

Name:	20210401_121027.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	306817Click image for larger version

Name:	20210401_124924.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	306818Click image for larger version

Name:	20210401_121037.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	306819Click image for larger version

Name:	20210401_122902.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	306820
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh, you have the most colorful hangar of anyone I know.
                                There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• I just started flying this jewel.

There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Finally uploaded a video of my F-18 flying with the 12 blade 1835 kv inrunner. Man, what a beast of an EDF, all my 90 mm's now have one, which is why I can't pay the rent. Quality of the video is kind of crappy, taken with a phone, but at least it proves that it's not a "Hangar Queen", but a flying one!

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
                                      Hugh, you have the most colorful hangar of anyone I know.
                                      Need all the help I can get to judge orientation in the "blinding Florida sun"! More importantly, I went to the Jimi Hendrix school of design.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Got some shots of the 500 size Huey flying yesterday. Was lots of fun flying and couldn’t have asked for better weather.

Comment

• Man I forget about this thread sometimes! Great stuff here as always.

Been rocking the F-22 and F-18 "Lucky Number 7" (Don't ask, lol) lately. Had some great UNEVENTFUL flights with the F-18 today.

Name:	number7maiden1.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	306987
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X