Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you fly today?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'all, Didn't get to fly today (25+ mph gusts here), so we went to the Hutchinson Airshow. Nice T-33 & me. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0844.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	311169
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I went out today and played in the wind with the Draco. When I did the video the wind was blowing 15 to 20 gust at 25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvFYPRq4EA&t=120s

Name:	WD.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	311199

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
        Y'all, Didn't get to fly today (25+ mph gusts here), so we went to the Hutchinson Airshow. Nice T-33 & me. Best, LB

Name:	IMG-0844.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	311169
        Beautiful T-33, especially the Silver. On the jet, not on your head!
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
          Beautiful T-33, especially the Silver. On the jet, not on your head!
          Hugh, Hah, natural chrome camouflage. Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• A pair of fairly old models, just gone through and brought back to airworthy status.

The Super Cub by Hobby Zone, upgraded to brushless. In process of repainting.

Dynam C47, new wings (bought the new wings about 6 years ago and just got around to fixing the model.)
            I'm going to disable the BECs in the ESCs since telemetry was constantly giving low 2.5) voltage warnings.
            Telemetry is also misreporting 3S packs as 14.2v.... checked with multimeter at 12.0v.
            new Admiral 7 ch with XT60 current sensor that is not detecting current.

Attached Files
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Nice shot there Elbee! Got my Lucky Number 7 out for another sortie today...All new Hitec servos for the ailerons. Still trying to dial her in...Trim was way off...Work in progress but I have hit the 10th Sortie mark so the work is going to begin on installing your beautiful 3DPup cockpit kit! FWIW, that's not windy conditions in the video...That's how much I was fighting the trim!

My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Got out the old reliable A-4 today! Still my favorite.

Name:	C5EE3BBC-4CEE-4C86-80B0-871BEEA20942.jpeg
Views:	348
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	312289

Comment

• Nice day out today for once, got 25 flights in, 5 each on my Extreme Flight 60" Edge, F-4, Avanti, F-16 Lone Star Gunfighter and the SU-30. Winds were 12-17, but not too bad, right down the runway! I now have all my 90mm EDF's upgraded to the 12 blade inrunner (the only way to go if you're on 6S) and just installed 2 1900Kv FMS 70mm 12 blade inrunners I got from RC Castle in the SU-30. OMG, this thing went from a major dog to flying incredible. Get's off the grass in less than 100 feet and superb vertical! I was ready to mothball it after fighting with it for some 70 flights, but now it is a blast to fly and moved up to the first string (it was in danger of being sent down to the minors for good!). Even flew it with the ordinance, first time for that, and frankly it virtually made no difference. Incredible that HH and E-Flite sold it in the US with the crappy fans they installed, while the FMS version in Europe had these fans. No wonder it seemed to sell here like ice in Alaska!

Next time out I'll fly the F-16 with a different tail and nose cone of the 4 version I have. Like to fly it 2 days on a particular version, then switch it out, almost like I have a different F-16. It flies on an SMC 8100 mah battery and gives me 5 minutes of flight time. Can't beat that, unless of course if you set it up for 8S!

Name:	20210511_132032.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	312355Click image for larger version

Name:	20210511_132011.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	312356
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Had the old P-40 out to fly this morning, got one flight in before the storm started rolling in, but she flew great. She was a hangar Queen all last year so this was the first time I got to try her with the new prop and spinner. After having the stock one fly off, it was time to go a one piece prop on her. No surprises!

Name:	IMG_9964.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	312426

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Had the old P-40 out to fly this morning, got one flight in before the storm started rolling in, but she flew great. She was a hangar Queen all last year so this was the first time I got to try her with the new prop and spinner. After having the stock one fly off, it was time to go a one piece prop on her. No surprises!

Name:	IMG_9964.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	312426

Grossman56
                      G5, great looking aircraft. Congrats on the great flight. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Got out today with my F-4 Blue Angel (with the newly installed 12 blade Inrunner), by trusty F-16 in the Wisconsin livery, the SU-30 (with the new FMS fans) and my F-18 Canadian (also with the 12 blade inrunner). They all flew great, if it just weren't for that crappy pilot!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210513_122827.jpg Views:	0 Size:	290.8 KB ID:	312616Click image for larger version  Name:	20210513_122924.jpg Views:	0 Size:	298.2 KB ID:	312617

Then some SOB shows up with a $15,000 SU-27, complete with smoke system. For the first time, I was extremely envious of a huge turbine! Flies incredible, 10 minutes of flight time, lands smoothly (just may be the pilot!) and what a presence in the air. Selling my house tomorrow and using the funds to by that! In case you can't guess, mine is the little shrimp SU-30.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210513_123311.jpg Views:	0 Size:	244.6 KB ID:	312618
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                          Got out today with my .....
                          Hugh, I am always impressed with your flying ventures. I am as envious as I can be with your almost daily flight regime. We are outta town again this week, no building, no flying. I have averaged flying less than 2 hours a month in the past year and about 10 hours a week building since Christmas. I gotta get my priorities in order, no doubt. Respectfully, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Hugh, I am always impressed with your flying ventures. I am as envious as I can be with your almost daily flight regime. We are outta town again this week, no building, no flying. I have averaged flying less than 2 hours a month in the past year and about 10 hours a week building since Christmas. I gotta get my priorities in order, no doubt. Respectfully, LB
                            Thanks LB! This sounds serious. May have to take a road trip and stop by and have an "RC intervention" to get you back on track. Although I have to say I'm kinda in a funk myself, still flying once or twice a week, but I have a 2nd Hornet and a Mig 29 sitting in their box unopened in a spare room and can't quite get motivated to start on them. And I have all the upgrades for each, the paint ready and some custom graphics from Callie for both just waiting to get used. Seems there's always something coming up preventing me from getting started, so when you figure out a cure, let me know.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• About the cure for a funk, perhaps one just need a new perspective. Like flying from the cockpit, with head-tracker camera and goggles for FPV. Exciting way to enjoy all your models like a fighter pilot. I tried shooting multiple touch and goes the other day. It’s mundane for me to do that flying LOS, but pretty exciting putting myself in the pilot seat - so to speak.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                              Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Hugh I'm gonna steal that Blue Angel F-4 of yours! Watch your back!

Snagged an FMS 70mm A-10 from a buddy of mine and maidened her today. Nice jet! LOVE only needing ONE 6S (hint, hint Freewing, ya I'm lookin' at you)...Really gusty but she did well in it. Short flight since I used the flight battery to taxi the 1/4 mile from the road to the track, lol...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Well, “Crazy Juan” got to maiden his new Freewing AL-37 Airliner, and as usual, it’s never a dull experience!

Comment

• I was about to say nice landing, and then DOH! Those poor passengers. I bet all the sick bags were used up.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                      I was about to say nice landing, and then DOH! Those poor passengers. I bet all the sick bags were used up.
                                      When an engine breaks off like that, there's going to be a lot of soiled underwear, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                        Hugh I'm gonna steal that Blue Angel F-4 of yours! Watch your back!
                                        Give it a shot, but since I put the 12 blade inrunner in it, you're going to have to be "Speedy Gonzales" to catch her. And don't be a whiner, your last couple videos on your "Glossy" hot lookin F-18 BA ain't too shabby either. BTW, love the look of that FMS A-10 and your videos of it, as usual, were "tres bien"! Did it come that way, or did you have to do the SAAT to it ("Special Aros Arctic Treatment")?
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Ah yes indeed I shall be the turtle to your F-4's hare.

The FMS A-10 came that way! Saved me a few days work! Thanks for the kind words but I know all 4 of my regular viewers probably wouldn't mind if I could find someone to provide some ground level footage too. I keep lookin'!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X