X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

You are not short of space and dramatic backdrop in Montana. Avanti S is looking good
    Thanks. It is a beautiful place to fly!

Comment

• Club competition this weekend, I flew the Waco Wacky racer kindly filmed by Caroline and she flew her own Dick Dastardly scratch built plane, links below

This was thrown together for a club event, uses a couple of old quad motors, pair of servos and a Lemon DSMX receiver I had in the spares box. The challenge ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Waco Wacky Racer rtf.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	332548

Comment

• Looks good 406, I'm just down south of you in Cody. All the space (about 2-2 1/2 hours drive) is about the same, lots of space, unfortunately, a lot of barb wire to keep you off it as well.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9963.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.7 KB ID:	332704

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Dick Dastardly and Muttley fly again at our field

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Looks good 406, I'm just down south of you in Cody. All the space (about 2-2 1/2 hours drive) is about the same, lots of space, unfortunately, a lot of barb wire to keep you off it as well.
            Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_9963.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.7 KB ID:	332704

Grossman56

Great Photo. Hopefully when we get some nice weather in early spring I can try and get down to Cody. I want to try and make your fly-in this year too!

Comment

• Yeah, when is the Cody fly in?

Comment

• It's usually around the beginning of June. Jeff likes to shoe horn it into a slot where none of the other events are going. I'll keep you informed. It will be posted on Wyoming Sagebrush Hoppers FB page as well. BTW, I loved this picture!

Grossman56

Name:	image_33030.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	332766
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Probably way off base this time of year.. or maybe anytime, BUT, I'm stealing it..!

All the best to you this holiday season, Grossman!
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Cool, that's what I did! I borrowed it I should say.

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• I won't be able to fly anything for a while since I'm in quarantine since I caught the covid bug.

Comment

• Get well baron.. last opurtunity b4 xmas.. so draged myself outa bed early b4 work.. not breath of wind .. so of to the park to fly.. same same, p51 and corsair.. average pilots like me luv no wind, it is easier.. and only one flight each but nailed 2 awsome landings.. wey cooler than the 3 pointers i was doing.... merry xmas or happy holidays ,, to the whole sqauwk team.. b safe only one more sleep

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                          I won't be able to fly anything for a while since I'm in quarantine since I caught the covid bug.
                          Speedy recovery, Baron!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                            I won't be able to fly anything for a while since I'm in quarantine since I caught the covid bug.
                            Sorry to hear your sick, had it as well, made it through it, but it was a battle.

I can't fly this one, but I sure can have some fun playing with it in the dirt, my wonderful wife got it for me this Christmas..​​​​​​

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211225_132425.jpg Views:	4 Size:	135.8 KB ID:	333307

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Sorry to hear your sick, had it as well, made it through it, but it was a battle.

I can't fly this one, but I sure can have some fun playing with it in the dirt, my wonderful wife got it for me this Christmas..​​​​​​

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20211225_132425.jpg Views:	4 Size:	135.8 KB ID:	333307
                              Nice, I could use one of those to dig parts out of the ground when I "lawn dart". Merry Christmas Everyone! Let's Hope Freewing adds a few more "Gotta Haves" this year, 'cause "All I Want For Christmas" is not necessarily YOU as the song says!
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Got out to the field yesterday with a friend to help photograph/video a couple new releases for BH that I believe are coming out in March. He's got a nice camera set-up so while he did the flying, I got to do the photography. He was tasked with reviewing them and getting some marketing videos/photos for her to use on her website and while I'm not going to jump the gun and say anything about them at this time, I will say I think she's got a couple of winners!! In the meantime, got a few shots of one my F-4's with the 12 blade inrunner that I decided to try out with the SMC 8100's (been using the SMC 6200's). It flew sweet on them and gave me 5:20 of flight time, so may end up using them exclusively. All I wanted for Christmas was longer flight times on my EDF's (especially without loosing any performance)!

Name:	Phantom #1.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	333773Click image for larger version

Name:	Phantom #2.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	333774Click image for larger version

Name:	Phantom #3.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	333775Click image for larger version

Name:	Phantom #4.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	333776Click image for larger version

Name:	Phantom #5.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	333777Click image for larger version

Name:	Phantom #6.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	333778Click image for larger version

Name:	Phantom #7.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	333779
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• @Hugh Wiedman You've got the prettiest and most majestic RC F-4 I've seen. I've never been much of a fan of the F-4. I got the Eflite one just because it was on sale and soon to be discontinued. It's a bland looking plane. If I could get one that looks like yours, I would. I have an 8S 90mm fan that's just waiting to go into something.
                                  Who is "BH"? Banana?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    @Hugh Wiedman You've got the prettiest and most majestic RC F-4 I've seen. I've never been much of a fan of the F-4. I got the Eflite one just because it was on sale and soon to be discontinued. It's a bland looking plane. If I could get one that looks like yours, I would. I have an 8S 90mm fan that's just waiting to go into something.
                                    Who is "BH"? Banana?
                                    Yes Banana Hobby (a twin Mig 25 and Gripen is what he was testing).

If you have the 8S 90mm fan, it's screaming to go in an F-4. I've found that this F-4 is really a nice flying jet, frankly one of the easiest (although I didn't think so at first as it was my 2nd EDF-my bad). I feel that it is just as easy to fly as the Stinger 90 and only the Avanti is easier. I've seen one on 8S and although I have 2 already with the 12 blade inrunner, just itching to do a Marine version in 8S. The friend I fly with is a rep for BVM and BH, as well as others and his main business is building/selling large turbines all over the world, but he is not only an outstanding builder, but a hell of a pilot. He took another friends AL-37 to Top Gun painted in a military scheme a couple of years ago and took first place with it in the EDF division. This April for Top Gun he wants to take either this F-4 (or maybe my F-4 Blue Angel) or the A-10. Although he loves this F4, I think at this point he's leaning toward the A-10 since it flies soooo smoothly. Already get over 5 minutes on the A-10 with 2 6200's but thought we needed more flight time on the F-4 to complete the required routine so that's why I tried the 8100's , and it sure got me there.

Although I said "All I want for Christmas is Longer Flight Time", what I really wanted is one of his turbines, but need to win the lottery first so I'm not holding my breath. I go over to his shop and just drool like a 2 year old. I let him take 6 of my EDF's up to an EDF festival I couldn't attend last month in hopes he would crash them all and replace them with one of his big boys, but even that wish didn't come true! Here's my CO with his latest creation:

Name:	20211203_155051.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	333793Click image for larger version

Name:	20211203_155115.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	333794
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                      Here's my CO with his latest creation:

Name:	20211203_155051.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	333793
                                      Oh, my ......................................

Comment

• Here's an F-16 he and his father finished recently, they're real craftsman!

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• And an L-39 they finished recently. His father is a master at detail! After spending time with them, I'm on the verge of NEVER trying to customize anything again as I've discovered that I'm living in the Stone Age!

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X