• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4292.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	333.7 KB
ID:	352128

Mine is the Freewing PJ50 (right). My buddy's is the X-Fly J65 (left). I helped him set up his J65 with a Safe Select RX. After fiddling with the Pulsar gyro, he couldn't get it work and gave it to me. I'll play with it and test it in another plane. Now he doesn't have a steering gyro while mine has the Assan. The PJ also has a Safe Select RX and flies like it's on rails. I helped my friend maiden his J65 by standing beside him and working the trims as he called it out. The J65 also flew like it was on rails. However, because the J65 weighs about 800g more than the PJ, the PJ seemed somewhat faster, while the j65 flew "heavy" and landed very heavy and fast. My friend always thought the J65 would have reverse as he's seen mine stop short with its reverse. He ran off the end of the runway every time but did only minor damage to the nose gear. In the air, you can't tell one plane from the other. Both look great. Both sound more or less the same. He may not keep his J65. Mine's a keeper for at least a few years or until I crash it.

Comment

• Put the video together of the SU-30 maiden flight on dual batteries. Definitely the way to go with the FMS fans.

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• And Finally the much anticipated release of my latest Mig 29 Video with the 12 blade FMS fans. Unfortunately, the anticipation far outweighed the final production!
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Forgot to attach it!

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Jet day at the field. Fresh repaint on my F-100. Click image for larger version

Name:	6A460043-07BB-44FF-AD38-6376036F93AA.jpeg
Views:	319
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	353085

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
              Jet day at the field. Fresh repaint on my F-100.
              E6, nicely done, Sir and what a great looking fleet. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                Jet day at the field. Fresh repaint on my F-100. Click image for larger version

Name:	6A460043-07BB-44FF-AD38-6376036F93AA.jpeg
Views:	319
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	353085
                What's the grey one, closest to the camera?

Comment

• His version of a XA4D-1. Other than the curve of the nose I like it.

Comment

• I thought it looked familiar. I like it, far more than the Freewing Skyhawk. Being a DIY job, it's beyond my limited build skills.

Comment

• What's the first one from the top? That bottom one looks nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                        What's the first one from the top? That bottom one looks nice.
                        The top one is a 90mm Flex Jet.

Curve on the XA4D-1s nose was tough. Sculpted with foam several times, and I was never happy with the results I was getting. Eventually I just gave in and went with this.

Comment

• I flew nothing not a god damd thing,,,, to wet cold .... but spring is in the air here.. cant wait,, been checkin,, everything,, newlipos etc..... got itchy fingers... then u guys, lookin at the crap weather o well... happy last flying..

Comment

• well,... i spent the last 6hr on the road to get my grandson. were you the guy behind me all the way up and back(off)

my son and i pulled the ol' gp stuka out and he cut a hatch in it so he can fly it tomorrow (target). we have a Ryan sta ready for maiden for him (target). as well as the usuals dynaflite 60 size fun scale p-51d, sport and seagull 540

IMG 0961 - YouTube
                            Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Stuka's not really a target. Lol. We'll, maybe with the F-82 Twin Mustang on its tail lol.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4318.JPG
Views:	286
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	355463Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4312.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	355464

Comment

• Dirty Su gets full body makeover !!! Sadly Dirty Su did not recover in time from the spiral of death but courtesy of the NHS ( National Health Sukoi ) all her major organs were transferred to a new body and Red Fred was born. By courtesy of time travel here is Red Fred with my F86 Sabre having a day out at the races. ( Pontefract and District Aeromodellers)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220828_102734_639.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	355720

Comment

• Had second thoughts about the red, final livery below :-

Name:	IMG_20220830_141335_531.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	355869

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
                                      Had second thoughts about the red, final livery below :]
                                      PK, more menacing in this livery. Really nice work, Sir. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks LB, maiden flight went well today. The following link is to evening flights of Spitfire and Eurofighter , go to minute 22for Spitfire then minute 35 for Eurofighter.

A short test stream from Bournemouth Air Festival 2022Watch PTV On Demand:https://Watch.PlanesTV.comGet the PlanesTV email newsletter:https://planestv.com/ne...

Comment

• I took my FMS P-47D Hairless Joe out for a couple of flights today. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a nightmare, due to an intermittent problem with the electrical connectors on the left wing/fuselage. I thought I had this problem solved by putting a piece of wood behind the connector unit on the wing to push it closer to the one on the fuse, but today that didn't work out. Takeoff was normal, but then I noticed the plane wanted to make a sharp bank to the left on occasion. When I brought it around, the left gear had not retracted. Recycled the gear, and this time it went up ok. On landing, the plane wanted to sharply bank left with the flaps down, and I think the left flap unit and left aileron were not working properly. Got it on the ground, of course everything works fine, took it up for one quick circuit, and problems came back. Got it down using a flaps up landing, plane skipped after touchdown due to too much speed I guess, settled down but went off the side of the runway and flipped over.

Fortunately, just a little damage to the top of the vertical stab when it flipped over.

So, the plane is grounded until I can figure out a workaround with this wing connector. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!

Cheers

Davegee

Name:	IMG-0047.jpgadjusted.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	356055

Comment

Working...
                                          X