Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead calm at the field yesterday so took out the Rebel and my repainted F22 Raptor to try out after removing the copper coloured tiger scheme which basically shielded rx reception from the rear ( I got that one wrong.. ) Both flew well so I finished off the Raptor in my mock Ukrainian colour scheme today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Raptor Ukrainian colours.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	344706

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
      Dead calm at the field yesterday so took out the Rebel and my repainted F22 Raptor...I finished off the Raptor in my mock Ukrainian colour scheme today.
      Paul, Timely choice of a new livery. Looks great. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Got the second flight on my Freewing B-2 bomber last evening. Winds more or less down the runway at about 6 kts or so. First time I was on the sticks, had a friend in our flying club do the maiden for me. Flew great, can't add much more than what many of the folks who have given flight reviews of their airplanes have. I'll attach a few pics I took from the maiden on Saturday morning, April 30. I posted some others somewhere, not sure where I put them. It sure looks grand in the air!

Name:	_CAM1970.jpgaddjusted.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	344900Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM1971.jpgadjusted.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	344901Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM1973.jpgadjusted.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	344902

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
          Got the second flight on my Freewing B-2 bomber last evening. Winds more or less down the runway at about 6 kts or so. First time I was on the sticks, had a friend in our flying club do the maiden for me. Flew great, can't add much more than what many of the folks who have given flight reviews of their airplanes have. I'll attach a few pics I took from the maiden on Saturday morning, April 30. I posted some others somewhere, not sure where I put them. It sure looks grand in the air!

Name:	_CAM1970.jpgaddjusted.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	344900Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM1971.jpgadjusted.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	344901Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM1973.jpgadjusted.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	344902
          Congrats on the successful maiden and wow this bird just looks so good in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got to see one fly this weekend at our club. Fantastic looking in the air it's just awesome.

I heard you guy's down in cody are getting a "clubhouse / hangar" soon??? That's going to make it really nice for ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post

Congrats on the successful maiden and wow this bird just looks so good in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got to see one fly this weekend at our club. Fantastic looking in the air it's just awesome.

I heard you guy's down in cody are getting a "clubhouse / hangar" soon??? That's going to make it really nice for ya.
            Thanks, I can see a special flyby at some warbird meets with this majestic bomber flying past (cheaper and easier to do than getting the real one to fly over our rc field!) It is a pretty easy flyer, definitely just fly it scale, just a cruiser, and it is great. I'd like to fly it at a smoother runway like what you guys have up in Billings sometime soon. Ours is certainly better than just dirt or grass, but there are a bunch of cracks and bumps that set the plane sailing a bit early on takeoff , like a Brit Harrier jump jet off a carrier! But it's all good.

Yes, I guess we will be making some field improvements at our field in Cody, which is quite welcome. The one you guys have in Billings is really nice, and is better than a lot of them out there.

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Maiden done!!
              The 'Hardway' silver P-40 broke ground and behaved herself today!

Name:	20220505_092059.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	345056Click image for larger version

Name:	20220505_092115.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	345057Click image for larger version

Name:	20220505_094101.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	345058Click image for larger version

Name:	20220505_094115.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	345059Click image for larger version

Name:	20220505_094127.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	345060

After a rebuild and a year and a half later, she's good to go. As I stated before, she was extremely tail heavy, due to the Flite Metal, I'm not sure, but got that corrected and CG'd up properly plus an A3L gyro and she was good to go. Had the tendency to pull to the left which is no surprise and the flap / elevator mix was off and she raised her nose with full flaps. No biggie, got that corrected.
              Such a relief but I'll tell you one thing, she's a glowing sliver ball in the Wyoming sky and thank God for that red white an blue tail 'cause she can disappear pretty quickly!
              She really needs the roundels on the wings and fuse for visibility.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                Maiden done!!
                The 'Hardway' silver P-40 broke ground and behaved herself today!

Name:	20220505_092059.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	345056Click image for larger version

Name:	20220505_092115.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	345057Click image for larger version

Name:	20220505_094101.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	345058Click image for larger version

Name:	20220505_094115.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	345059Click image for larger version

Name:	20220505_094127.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	345060

After a rebuild and a year and a half later, she's good to go. As I stated before, she was extremely tail heavy, due to the Flite Metal, I'm not sure, but got that corrected and CG'd up properly plus an A3L gyro and she was good to go. Had the tendency to pull to the left which is no surprise and the flap / elevator mix was off and she raised her nose with full flaps. No biggie, got that corrected.
                Such a relief but I'll tell you one thing, she's a glowing sliver ball in the Wyoming sky and thank God for that red white an blue tail 'cause she can disappear pretty quickly!
                She really needs the roundels on the wings and fuse for visibility.

Grossman56
                Looks great, Dan!!! All the sweeter after a long rebuild, and a beautiful blue morning to fly it!
                Congrats!!

davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                  Maiden done!!The 'Hardway' silver P-40 broke ground and behaved herself today!Grossman56
                  G5, beautiful airframe, Sir. Very nicely done. You wrote "Hardway" as in our friend Jerry H.? Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Grossman56 Outstanding finish, I LOVE IT! Only problem may be seeing the orientation when the sun hits it and blinds everyone at the field!
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Yep, after Jerry Hardway who was instrumental in the success. She shines like a UFO for sure, that's why I need the 'U.S. ARMY" letters and the roundels on her, that's coming...

Name:	Capture01.PNG
Views:	234
Size:	454.3 KB
ID:	345085

BTW, I make no claim to this picture, I just forgot to take the signature off when I resized it.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Curtiss XP40 1.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	345091
                        A fantastic rendition of the original test plane before production. I was considering that scheme too. Looks great. I'm sure it flies well too....👍

Comment

• Unfortunately, nothing... my buddy invited me up to his field for the day and I opted for the office instead. Today won't be much different since it's supposed to rain all friggen day... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Looks great, Dan!!! All the sweeter after a long rebuild, and a beautiful blue morning to fly it!
                            Congrats!!

davegee
                            Does all the silver paint impact the signal at all...? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but just curious...

Gorgeous bird, btw...

Comment

• Actually, it's not silver paint, it's Flite Metal which is an aluminum coating with a sticky backing, made for R/C airplanes.

Name:	IMG_4870.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	345134 I have two birds with it on and no problem with radio signal using a DX 8.

Name:	IMG_4447.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	345135
                              Silver paint on the wings of the P51 as per factory and Flite Metal on the Fuse, flaps and ailerons.
                              The silver paint I use is Delta Ceramcoat Metallic silver or Sargent Art Metallic Acrylic silver. The Sargent is ever so slightly darker so its great for accenting different panels.

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Actaully, just recovered the Mustang from cockpit to prop, here's a more recent pic.

Name:	20220217_111604.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	345137

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Got a few WWII warbirds out Friday and was able to get 4 flights each on the FW Corsair, Spitfire and B-24. Also got 5 flights on the Extreme Flight Demonstrator Edge (how did that get in the group?). All four are "easy" flying aircraft and make for a serene flight day. Haven't flown the B-24 in a while so it was well overdue. Almost forgot how well it flies and iconic it looks in the air. All 3 warbirds have the MR RC sound system in, which always adds a bit of extra fun and the B-24's top and front turret both operate.

Name:	20220506_124212.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	293.5 KB
ID:	345223Click image for larger version

Name:	20220506_124230.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	345224Click image for larger version

Name:	20220506_134307.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	345225

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I like those nose arts, Hugh. I'm thinking about getting something for my Corsair from Callie. But, I haven't seen any I like in her Corsair collection. I think I will get it from one of her other planes collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                                      I like those nose arts, Hugh. I'm thinking about getting something for my Corsair from Callie. But, I haven't seen any I like in her Corsair collection. I think I will get it from one of her other planes collection.
                                      I do that quite often, search through her graphics from other planes to decide what to use (scale police please don't read this as I'm still the "Most Wanted"). You can always have her do a custom job. The nose art on both my B-24's (you can look in the B-24 thread to see the nose art on my Silver B-24) I designed with Marylin Monroe sitting on a bomb (although she wasn't popular until after the war). I told her the dimensions I wanted and the colors of the dress for each and she took some rather poor renditions and came up with spectacular ones. I did the same thing with my Mig for the Cobra graphics and my Stinger 90 for the wasp and scorpion graphics. She also designed my pilot names in different sizes and colors. She is the best!
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Some awesome planes in here. I like that silver P-40, and yes, cool nose art above...

My planes are bog standard, but the weather was so dang nice... E-flite Corsair and Durafly Bf-109...

Comment

• Can't fly. Crosswind gusts currently 33mph. Been that way and worse for 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X