Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just about finished with my Flex F-100. I put in the fan from the Eflite Viper and a reversing ESC. Not using the supplied Aura8. Will use a HobbyEagle instead. Weather should improve in a week or so for the maiden.

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Dave, the F-100 is quite frankly, amazing. I’m flying it completely stock with a 6S 6000. 3.5 minute flight times. I’m still learning what I can get away with maneuver wise, but it flies very similar to the Flex Jet, just a little faster. Get one.
      Thanks, EA-6B Geek! I may have posted earlier that I have met the designer and owner of this company at Top Gun competitions years ago. Besides being a fantastic builder, he matches those skills flying his airplanes. I was quite impressed, so just on the strength of that alone, I figured it might be a pretty good model to build. I just hadn't heard from a customer yet you has flown one, and that is good to hear.

Regards,

Davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
        Got out last week with a few trusted favorites, including the Flightline 1600mm F-4U Corsair. She's got a lot of air miles on her, but still a pleasure to fly. It desperately needs a foe to shoot down, as I searched all over but only found allies! Flightline needs to get back in the game, seems like forever since we've seen a foam prop warbird!

Here's a video of one of the many flights that day.
        I’ll be your huckleberry. I have a BF-109 setup to dogfight any allied fighter I can find. I even have a functioning (Ravi) reflector sight that is ready to go inside the 109. See video below where I try to get a Sabre in the crosshairs…Click image for larger version

Name:	66FBBFF7-98BE-47E6-93E0-E705146912E8.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	347143

And yes, I agree Flightline needs to release a proper BF-109(G), it’s only the most numerous fighter ever produced.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
        Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post

I’ll be your huckleberry.
          On second thought, I may not want to "draw" against Doc Holiday! Great quote, the best part of that movie!

Anyway, outstanding BF 109!! I'm just finishing the Extreme Flight Aces High FW-190 "Red Tulip", so if I can't "dogfight" against myself, maybe I'll join you and we'll hunt those pesky Spitfires together and get a few B-24's/B-17's while we're at it.
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Sorry to be pedantic, but I'm pretty sure its was just: "I'm your huckleberry"

Comment

...I'm just finishing the Extreme Flight Aces High FW-190 "Red Tulip"...
              You devil, you. Cannot wait for the pictures of this adversary!
              Okay, Herr Hugh-Meister, bring it on .
              I'll be waiting for you, Mein Freund. Remember to just keep checkin' your 6.

Alles Gute, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• son flew H9 P-51D (Maiden), H9 109, Fl Corsair, FW A-10, i flew HK Yak-11.
                Attached Files
                Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                  Sorry to be pedantic, but I'm pretty sure its was just: "I'm your huckleberry"
                  Close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Got out yesterday and flew a rather odd collection of 5 aircraft. First decent day in a while as it's been windy and beginning today, we expect 4 days of major rain (20 inches forecast so expect to see Noah cruise by) from a tropical depression coming up from Mexico (that's my usual complaint, I'm tropically depressed). Got to test out an "idea" on the SU-30 to get more flight time with an SMC 8100, and it worked great (I'll give more details in that thread, since most are really not interested in this "extinct" HH aircraft-not sure I am either).

Best part of the day was I got to maiden my Extreme Flight-Aces High 62" Focke Wulf 190 "Red Tulip" flown by German Ace Hermann Graf, who shot down over 200 adversaries in 830 missions! Still need to finish out the cockpit and pilot and am adding 2 speakers from Model Sounds (a great system and David did me a great favor and programmed my card for the authentic 190A sound and programmed the 2 guns for one 3 position switch), but couldn't wait to get it in the air. I have a spare MR RC sound system in it for a temporary solution (added foam walls to the balsa) as I just can't bring myself to fly a WWII aircraft without sound. Actually worked pretty well, as good as those in my foam warbirds, but the speakers will take it to another level along with a 13mm gun and 20mm cannon! All I can say is that this aircraft flies absolutely spectacularly. Very little right rudder correction needed on take off, lifted off smoothly at 1/2 throttle with no flaps and just flew incredibly well, even better than the Flightline Corsair which I think is one of the best. And landing with just the mains touching keeping it level was the easiest of any I've tried, and it did not even try to nose over like some 190's. Our grass runway was rather thick and bumpy, but it hardly affected her. I did change the foam wheels to larger Robarts though, which no doubt helped. Very little trim needed and easily cruises below 50% throttle, giving me over 10 minutes on an SMC 6200 (needed the weight all the way up in the nose, so it might as well be useful weight). It had a few quirky things to work out in the build (which I found solutions to) but I fear that Extreme Flight is going to discontinue their whole Aces High division, as it seems they haven't sold well (probably because most of their customers are into 3D planes and not looking for 62" wood ARF WWII warbirds). It flies on either an Xoar 2 blade or 3 blade prop and I really wanted to use the 3 blade and the "authentic" rounded 3 blade spinner, but unfortunately, the spinners were almost impossible to find. Finally found 2 at a hobby shop in Belgium and order them (the last 2 on earth as far as I could tell), and the shipping cost as much as the spinners did, but they got here in less than a week. Too bad if they do close out the division, because like all their aircraft, nothing flies like them and I have 5 of their 3D planes-the "Gold Standard" in the industry! Now at least I have an adversary for the Spitfire! Would love to see FL do a BF 109 or Stuka. There's only 2 companies I'll buy aircraft from these days, Extreme Flight and MRC, so come on Alpha, get busy, stop resting on your B2/Gulfstream/Mig 29 laurels! What have you done for us lately (I mean since a few weeks ago).

Achtung, ich fliege jetzt vorübergehend für die gefürchtete Luftwaffa, also P-51's, Spitfires, B-24's und B-17's, passt auf euch sechs auf.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220601_114924.jpg Views:	0 Size:	293.9 KB ID:	347364Click image for larger version  Name:	20220601_114940.jpg Views:	0 Size:	269.4 KB ID:	347365Click image for larger version  Name:	20220601_114908.jpg Views:	0 Size:	273.3 KB ID:	347366Click image for larger version  Name:	20220601_115031.jpg Views:	0 Size:	375.8 KB ID:	347367Click image for larger version  Name:	20220601_115048.jpg Views:	0 Size:	379.2 KB ID:	347368
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• As far as I could see, I think Flightline discontinued. They just selling the last of their inventories .

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                        As far as I could see, I think Flightline discontinued. They just selling the last of their inventories .
                        No doubt, I spoke to them about it and that seems to be in the cards and they only have 1 left and a few spare parts. Too bad, it was definitely worth picking this one up. I was eyeing it for some time but hoping MRC would do a German warbird in this size but since they haven't yet, I couldn't let this go extinct without grabbing it, especially in the scheme of undoubtedly one of the top Aces of all time.
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman You always have a way with your planes. They look so much better than when they came out of the box. Even planes that I would not have chosen for myself, I really like yours.

Comment

Achtung, ich fliege jetzt vorübergehend für die gefürchtete Luftwaffa, also P-51's, Spitfires, B-24's und B-17's, passt auf euch sechs auf.

Viel Spaß bei der Jagd, Oberst Weidman. Ich werde in den Wolken auf Ihre Rückkehr warten. Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Major LB Click image for larger version

Name:	SATRB-Exhibition-Page.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	347402​​
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Got out yesterday and had 4 flights on my ZOHD Drift motor glider. I'm loving the auto-launch/return-to-home feature of the ZOHD Kopilot Lite flight controller. Total airtime was 41 minutes on a single charge - (2 cell 18650 LiIon pack). Next up - FPV!

Me and my ZOHD Drift

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Viel Spaß bei der Jagd, Oberst Weidman. Ich werde in den Wolken auf Ihre Rückkehr warten. Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Major LB Click image for larger version

Name:	SATRB-Exhibition-Page.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	347402​​

Bis wir uns in den Wolken treffen! Bis dahin bin ich mit Red "Snoopy" Baron da oben!
                                Haupt Wiedman
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Elbee
                                  Elbee commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Hah, I knew it. You are really an American spy infiltrating the Luftwaffe. Very clever, but your rank should read "Hauptmann" Weidman lest you be unceremoniously shot at sunrise. Check 6, Brother. LB

• Actually had my E flite 1200 mm Spitfire up today for the first time in nearly two years. I replaced the useless stock receiver with a Lemon 6 channel with built in gyro. What a difference! Flew great!
                                Programming the gyro is kind of weird and I assume they've made changes in it since I bought it three years ago. There is a 'gear' plug, but you can't plug anything into it as it's the gyro channel, but you can plug the gear into the bind plug which becomes Aux2. With some switch 'switching', I've got it set up so the radio switches are the same as my other planes, which is awesome.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20220603_100537.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	347429Click image for larger version

Name:	20220603_100552.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	347430

Also, I go my first look at the new clubhouse, a great step in the right direction

Name:	20220603_092504.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	347431Click image for larger version

Name:	20220603_104400.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	347433Click image for larger version

Name:	20220603_092540.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	347432

It was a great morning for flying, the afternoon 4 o'clock, turned into a thunder storm/deluge, that's why everything is so darned green here in the high plains desert.

Name:	20220603_161346.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	347434Click image for larger version

Name:	20220603_161351.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	347435

Well, I won't have to turn on the sprinkler system for another two weeks at least

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Maiden, plus 5 today with my F-16. Felt very good flying it after the 3rd flight. Got it all trimmed out by then.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08411.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	347451
                                  Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                                    Maiden, plus 5 today with my F-16. Felt very good flying it after the 3rd flight. Got it all trimmed out by then.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08411.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	347451
                                    Lon, nice repaint, too. Lookin' good, Sir. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I don't think that's a repaint. It's stickers that the plane came with. I put the Wild Weasels South Carolina ones on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Lon, nice repaint, too. Lookin' good, Sir. Best, LB
                                        No repaint. Stock.
                                        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Working...
                                        X