Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew my fms version p51 and fline corsair.. i to wasnt a fan of the blue.. lucky 4 me i did not have to paint mine, daveegee u did a great job.... my new club feild is well under construction now ,, cant wait .. there is ton of kangaroos in the area,, yet to c if thats a problem Click image for larger version

Name:	20211112_194226.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	340453

Comment

• Dave and I don't have Roo's to worry about, just prong horn, coyotes and grizzly bears! The griz have yet to make it quite that far, but they've been within ten miles or so.
      The price of living where the deer and the antelope play, a lot of times, that's what I refer to as my lawn.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Greenleaves Health 112.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	340456

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Now I'm really off topic, instead of what did you fly, what did you eat while flying! Early morning at our field (yes, in S. Florida), usually have deer (nothing like fresh venison chili and sausage) and the occasional alligator (tastes like chicken). They love to stand right in the center of the runway, which is definitely the safest place to be when I'm trying to land. Smart little creatures!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190815_080305 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	340488Click image for larger version  Name:	20190815_130617 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	340489Click image for larger version  Name:	20200703_123813.jpg Views:	0 Size:	347.6 KB ID:	340490
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Off topic just one more time roo is great to eat.. slow cooked or stew anyway,, next weekend ill take some pics of the new clubhouse etc

Comment

• That's all the meat you got off of those two deers? 4 sausages and half a pot of chili?

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
              Flew my fms version p51 and fline corsair.. i to wasnt a fan of the blue.. lucky 4 me i did not have to paint mine, daveegee u did a great job.... my new club feild is well under construction now ,, cant wait .. there is ton of kangaroos in the area,, yet to c if thats a problem Click image for larger version

Name:	20211112_194226.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	340453
              Nice looking plane! Glad FMS had the wisdom to make an authentic paint scheme from the 361st Fighter Group, that flew out of Bottisham England in WWII. Definitely not a fan of the stock paint scheme from E-Flite, but really like the plane itself.
              Have fun with your airplane, and enjoy your new flying field when it is ready to go. Hopefully you can shoo the roos off the runway when you want to fly!

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                That's all the meat you got off of those two deers? 4 sausages and half a pot of chili?
                That's all he could wrestle away from the gators.

Comment

• Comment

• Not today, but my last outing(been sick with corona for a week... 🙄 ):

Skyzone Dolphin: 2600kv something or other motor from Banggood(2504?..), 40a ESC, Gemfan Flash 5152 triblade prop, 4S 2200.Parkzone P-47: Turnigy SK3 3542 12...

Comment

• Love this jet! ALMOST didnt get off this runway though!

Comment

• Ron and I had the two newly painted Pandoras out for their first flights in their new colors. Met Dave Gee out there with his super detailed corsair!

Name:	20220422_102240.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	343964Click image for larger version

Name:	20220422_102248.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	343965Click image for larger version

Name:	20220422_101538.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	343966Click image for larger version

Name:	20220422_102331.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	343967
                        Unfortunately, the weather started blowing in with our next round of either rain or snow.
                        Springtime in the Rockies!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman56
                          Grossman56 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nefi, or are you swinging out here to the dry and nasty part of the country?

• OV10
                          OV10 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yepper, the ol' NEFI now known as the "All electric fun fly and swap meet". I would luv to trek all the way over to your neck of the woods but with the stupid gas prices I can only afford the 600 miles to Muncie this year. It's been 5 years since I was there last, so am really looking forward to it, My sweetie is coming this time now that she's retired. Am putting plans together for next year on what I'm calling the grand tour which would include a stop in WY.

• Grossman56
                          Grossman56 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Diane isn't doing too well, out to the heart doctor this morning to see if the fluid is building up again. We can't afford the Biden gas price hikes either so we'll be having a staycation this year.

• The following are videos from yesterday's flying. WARNING: All are hatcam videos - move on by if you don't like those.

Flex Innovations FV-31 Cypher:

Flex Innovations Pirana:

Eflite Mystique RES:

Comment

• Easter Egg drop at our field https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgLsxaHUpAc

Comment

• Finally, we are getting some spring weather here in WV. I felt like a little 1950s era aviation was in order.

These two never let me down.

JB

Comment

• Nice morning at the field. Good news coming our way in that we are getting a club house!!
                              It'll be a nice improvement especially when the weather gets nasty or the wind gets up.
                              Dave had his B1 out today, although I missed the maiden, got some pics of her on her cradle

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220430_101812.jpg Views:	0 Size:	186.0 KB ID:	344629Click image for larger version  Name:	20220430_101821.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.4 KB ID:	344630
                              Had P-1 and the Bitcat out for some flights, last time I had BBD and my Spitfire out, first flights of the season for both.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20220430_122219.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.1 KB ID:	344631

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220427_104008.jpg Views:	0 Size:	255.0 KB ID:	344632

It was nice to see some old fashioned camaraderie today between those with a lot of knowhow passing on what they knew to those that didn't.
                              You know who you are.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• This morning ........................

Name:	IMG_4089.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	337.9 KB
ID:	344641

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  This morning ........................

Name:	IMG_4089.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	337.9 KB
ID:	344641
                                  Nice, what are your round trip tickets cost in coach these days for the Westjet! I'm sure I couldn't afford to charter the PJ, so I'll have to travel with the rest of the peons!
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman I couldn't tell you. I haven't flown anywhere in years. I get emails from WestJet twice a week about deals but I never look at them as I'm not quite ready to be packed into a sardine can. I think prices are climbing now that travel is starting to pick up post-pandemic. Coach may be too pricey for me these days. My last flight anywhere was Orlando to Mickeyville.

Comment

• Flew my trusty fline corsair early.. bit cold.. 2 flights. With some club people im getting to no.. was going to post pics of new clubhouse and runway... but it wont work,, not sure why.. oh well but good progress,, it ready soon

Comment

• It's been windy the past few weeks here in central Texas (hello springtime!) but calmed down enough to get a few flights in this evening. Century 30 getting tuned in before installing the semi-scale 300 fuse.

Comment

Working...
                                        X