Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great day today light winds and 2 flights on my OV10. 1 flight on my Tigercat due to losing a e clip on the main gear and 1 maiden flight on my Nexa Tiger Moth. Click image for larger version

Name:	gear.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	345486Click image for larger version

Name:	tmoth.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	345487

Comment

• Got in a few flights over the weekend on my 500 size Sikorsky HO3S (H-5)

Comment

• Weather is certainly improving here in Ohio! Multiple flights this morning. Click image for larger version

Name:	4FB5EE0A-25C6-4836-9C97-6A7837BC0641.jpeg
Views:	354
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	345688

Comment

• Flew my hat if that counts, dang wind!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Flew my hat if that counts, dang wind!!

Grossman56
            I hear ya! Nice weather, outside of the wind!! Possible window on Sunday, supposed to die down some. Until then, mowing the lawn is about as high as I am going to get!

davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
              Weather is certainly improving here in Ohio! Multiple flights this morning. Click image for larger version

Name:	4FB5EE0A-25C6-4836-9C97-6A7837BC0641.jpeg
Views:	354
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	345688
              What do you think of that F-100? I know the designer is a world class pilot and builder. But I haven't really seen any flight reports from the average jet pilot, lately. Looks nice, all of them!

davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

I hear ya! Nice weather, outside of the wind!! Possible window on Sunday, supposed to die down some. Until then, mowing the lawn is about as high as I am going to get!

davegee
                I hear you! Got the lawn fertilizer down yesterday and couple of coats of clear on the F7F wings. They're looking really good considering they were on a box of junk not that long ago

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Finally got a maiden in! AND Wow, this flies so good, and efficient!
                  Hobbyking for the best deals in RC planes and equipment, beginners rc planes, scale planes, racing planes, scale racing planes. The H-King Yak PNF is a Hobbyking scale model aircraft with worldwide shipping.

Comment

• Landed my EFlite Pitts 850 upside down the other day and had to do a minor rebuild on it, so i took it out this AM - she still flies like budda...

Comment

I hear you! Got the lawn fertilizer down yesterday and couple of coats of clear on the F7F wings. They're looking really good considering they were on a box of junk not that long ago

Grossman56
                      I was thinking of attending the jet rally in Billings this weekend but most of the weekend they are forecasting pretty strong winds, at least stronger than I'm comfortable with flying my foamies. Hope they have another get together this summer.

I recently bought a couple of Heng Long tanks to play around with. I got a Sherman on E Bay and a M1A2 Abrams on Amazon. They are really incredible in detail and all the things that they can do! The good thing is, you can play with them, even in these windy times when we're not out flying!

Oh, BTW, I had posted a request "in the blind" on Hobby Squawk asking if anyone who has a NIB FMS P-47D 1500mm plane to let me know if they would like to sell it. Found someone yesterday, and we're in the process of them shipping it up to me. China will eventually start shipping to the USA again of FMS and some other brands, but hard to say exactly when that will be, with all that's going on in the world right now.

davegee

Comment

• Good to hear Dave, Ron and I were out this morning and the wind wasn't too bad, but crosswind. Got 8 flights in.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Good to hear Dave, Ron and I were out this morning and the wind wasn't too bad, but crosswind. Got 8 flights in.

Grossman56
                          Gotta get our flying in when we can, I guess! Glad you got a bunch of flights in.

Comment

• Got to the field around 10 o'clock with a ten mile an hour right down the runway. I took the Avanti out for the first time in a few years after reinstalling the original fuselage after extensive repairs. She flew very well but then again it might be the fact that I fly better than I did a few years ago.
                            Anyway, two great flights in before the storm blew in and it got ugly.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20220516_102819.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	374.8 KB
ID:	346024 She took a mean knock which did a number on the replacement fuse to the point where the original looked repairable. Turns out she was and so now, after all this time the plane is back to it's original parts, strange how that works. Nice to have a bird with a history back in the air, here she is at NEFI in 2017...

Name:	IMG_0380.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	346025

Ahh the good old days!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Ahh the good old days!

Grossman56
                              [/QUOTE]

I remember your Avanti! I can't help myself, sometimes...I installed a 8s Schubeler setup in my Avanti...she has a "wee bit more power now"
                              Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Well, considering that she's the only jet I've ever owned, I'm surprised she's still around!
                                Actually, the two Bearcats are just about as fast as the Avanti with the stock power system. One of the Bearcats has a 650 kv with the FMS 1400 mm Corsair prop and the other is running a 760 kv with the stock prop. They go like the proverbial bat out of Hell.
                                Hey, there's my buddy!

Name:	IMG_8056.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	346232

Cheers Lon!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Got out last week with a few trusted favorites, including the Flightline 1600mm F-4U Corsair. She's got a lot of air miles on her, but still a pleasure to fly. It desperately needs a foe to shoot down, as I searched all over but only found allies! Flightline needs to get back in the game, seems like forever since we've seen a foam prop warbird!

Here's a video of one of the many flights that day.

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Wind. So much annoying wind.

Comment

• In my location, it's been mostly a crosswind as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                        Got out last week with a few trusted favorites, including the Flightline 1600mm F-4U Corsair. She's got a lot of air miles on her, but still a pleasure to fly. It desperately needs a foe to shoot down, as I searched all over but only found allies! Flightline needs to get back in the game, seems like forever since we've seen a foam prop warbird!

Here's a video of one of the many flights that day.
                                        Landings don't get much better than that, Hugh!! Nice job, great video!

Davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

What do you think of that F-100? I know the designer is a world class pilot and builder. But I haven't really seen any flight reports from the average jet pilot, lately. Looks nice, all of them!

davegee
                                          Dave, the F-100 is quite frankly, amazing. I’m flying it completely stock with a 6S 6000. 3.5 minute flight times. I’m still learning what I can get away with maneuver wise, but it flies very similar to the Flex Jet, just a little faster. Get one.

Comment

Working...
                                          X