X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
    light winds and sunny at 86 degrees. I was the only one there from 7:00 to about 2:00,
    That's a good day at the offfice!

Comment

• Got two flights on the AH-6, after the second flight I decided to take off the interior panels and inspect the belt and gears, all good so I turned everything on to check cyclic servos, all good until I checked the tail rotor servo, wasn't working, couldn't hear anything actually, so pulled the mechanics out of the fuselage and sure enough, servo would not budge when I tried to move it by hand, it would only buzz, so unplugged it and plugged it into another separate Rx, it jammed left and that's it, won't move at all, only when I unplug it then plug it back in, so I got lucky I guess that it didn't happen in the air.

​​​​​​​
      Attached Files

Comment

• The autumn weather has been kind, although the rain is setting in later this week. Couldnt pass up the opportunity to head out after work for some quality time with the Venom.

A bag full of lipos and an empty field in the golden light; it really doesnt get much better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200505_170915.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	253140

Comment

• No flying in Phoenix for a while today. TFR from 11 AM - 3 PM, unlike last time which was 3 days during his visit.

Comment

• We're shut down for 2 days.. today due to Trump, tomorrow for weed plow and spray. It's all good though.. got plenty of things I can find to do around the hanger.
            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Another beautiful day in the neighborhood .................................................. ........... Everything flew wonderfully. All that went up, came down in one piece and untarnished.

Name:	IMG_3594.JPG
Views:	464
Size:	336.1 KB
ID:	253198

Comment

• I like that Twin Otter! What power system are you running in it? I find the nacelles rather narrow.

Your Bird of Time is always a classic.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I looooves me some Bird of Time.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                    I like that Twin Otter! What power system are you running in it? I find the nacelles rather narrow.

Your Bird of Time is always a classic.
                    I'm running the TO with the motors and props from the HobbyKing Avios Albatross but with much bigger ESCs (80A). The nacelles have very poor airflow and the motors/ESCs get hot. I cut a bunch of exhaust slits on the rear of each nacelle and it stays nice and cool now.
                    This is my second BoT. My first one got sold to someone who took it to Rio de Janeiro. I have visions of it floating around the giant statue of Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      I have visions of it floating around the giant statue of Jesus.
                      There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Gettin so hot out here I think even Satan has left Arizona for the rest of the year!

Last week we were treated to a fly over from Luke AFB..
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0BBfDMmnLU

It was pretty awesome. This week.. tomorrow morning.. we are being honored with these guys. The jets flew on pretty much the same path, just in the other direction. I'm right about '11' on the map. Which brought them right around my house.. low and slow. They actually deviated off the path a little and came right over us! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera at the ready. I'll be a bit more prepared for tomorrow's run though. I can't wanna get out in this heat and fly, but will for damn sure enjoy the fly over..

"The historic aircraft planned in the flight include a B-17 Flying Fortress, B-25 Mitchell Bomber and C-47 Skytrain which served in World War II and have strong wartime connections to Arizona. Today these aircraft are based at historic Falcon Field which opened in 1941 to train British aviators who went on to fly combat in Europe"
                        https://www.falconfieldairport.com/H...vent/9741/2302
                        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Don't forget that this Saturday is the 75th anniversary of VE-Day! Blue Angels left Dallas and did a fly-over in Houston yesterday then went on to New Orleans.

Comment

• https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...08924385822784

Happy VE Day to our friends across the big pond! Enjoy...
                            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• I went out and did the first two test flights on my new E-Flite A-10. The first flight with out the armament and the second with the armament on it. The armament mounted on the A-10 does slow it down considerably here is a video of the second fight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W7SMeFiobk

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                                We're shut down for 2 days.. today due to Trump, tomorrow for weed plow and spray. It's all good though.. got plenty of things I can find to do around the hanger.
                                Air Force One apparently popped down to DMAFB, as it took off about 2:40 p.m., as I was walking to my truck after work. I got a very nice view of it, as it climbed out over the UA Science and Technology Park at Rita Road. Too bad I couldn't get my phone camera ready quicker.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Aircraft .jpg
Views:	346
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	253898

Woo!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Woo!!!
                                    HDWY, Nice fleet, Brother. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Woo!!!
                                      Wow Jerry! Looks like a busy day. Is that an electric Contender I see? How does that Zero fly?

Comment

• Well no RC flying today, but finished out a long cross country flight in the helicopter. After 2 long days of flying, I finally got the helicopter back home to MN. 12 hours of flight time, 9 fuel stops, and long days of battling weather and 30 kt headwinds. Was great to have it in Texas for a few months during the winter.

Comment

• Same here. No RC flying today, but was able to fly the Learjet home from being in maintenance in Arlington. It was great to get up flying again. Things are starting to pick back up. PS. Alpha it would be great to see a Learjet in the Lineup at MRC
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X