X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
    what did i crash today,,, my beloved f4u!!!! not happy chappy ,, but,, the sun will still rise .... tip stall trying new flap settings... can save fuse think i will needwing set......f35 here in couple days hope 4 maiden flight not crash ,,,something to fly while i fix corsair ...cya

Comment

• F4U Ausie Ahh..to bad,I feel sorry for you crashing your Corsair

Comment

• Eventful weakend maidening, crashing, repairing and re-maidening a bushmule from hobbyking. I've been wanting to inav something like this for a while as my other FPV plane is a long range v-tail, which is an amazing plane that can fly for half an hour on a 5000mah pack, it doesnt do much other than fly straight and level. The bushmule has switchable FPV cameras, with the rearmost on on a tilt/pan that can also record in 4K. Air speed sensor, cargo door, twin motor, 900mhz R9 rx - it has been a fun project. Next challenge is to try and program it to take itself off and do an autonomous mission around the field. It actually flies nice as a line of sight plane as well - quite lot of power from the twin MAS 9x7 three blade windmakers. STOL characteristics are good for winter where the frost-soaked grass makes life misterable for planes that need a big run up to get into the air.

Also had the B-24 out on Saturday. Always a privilege to fly her, such a unique experience.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200604_175036a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	258.6 KB ID:	258900Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2020-06-05-12h12m28s555.png Views:	0 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	258902Click image for larger version  Name:	102632729_3347914945227577_8803031525253398924_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	258901

Comment

• Yesterday .................................
          The V-22 came to an untimely demise. It's first flight was flawless. Then the second flight, on transition to airplane mode, it had a brain fart and came crashing down, totally out of control. Don't know if I'll fix it. It's a temperamental plane, always has been even though it's great to look at in the air.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3665.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	259186

Comment

• not good its never fun crashing what ever the reason!! so much time invested ,,i think thats part of the mystique

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
              not good its never fun crashing what ever the reason!! so much time invested ,,i think thats part of the mystique
              So true! At least I didn't have to row the boat out into the middle of the pond to fetch it or challenge the donkey in the horse pasture.

Comment

• Got lucky today with the weather and got 20 flights in (5 each) on my Stinger 90, F-4, F-16 and SU-30. I'm now using the RT 6250 35C battery on the F-4 and get 4 minutes of relatively aggressive flying. I've been flying the F-16 on the RT 5500 70 C battery, but did all 5 flights today with the 6250. Worked out great, got an additional 40 seconds of flight time. The only trade-off is the F-16 has the upgraded inrunner in it and it gets maximum power on take-off with the 70C battery. The fans draws about 240 watts less on full throttle with the 35C battery, but it's a good 40 g lighter and still get's it in the air, just an extra 20-30 feet of runway on grass needed. The F-4 has the stock outrunner in it and the 70C battery and 35C battery both give almost identical top end thrust.

Name:	20200610_133333.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	259256Click image for larger version

Name:	20200610_133311.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	259257
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I went out today early 5:30 am to get some flying time in before the wind came up. when I got to where we fly the wind was S at 10 mph which is right down the parking lot I flew my Air Tractor first then got two flights each on my 64 mm Twin A-10 and my 80 mm F=4 Phantom. one of the guys I fly with finally showed up around 8:00 and had me test fly his Mombo 10 bi-plane, the wind had changed and was SE at 12 mph test flight went fine and the landing, with the wing I was able to land it in less then 10 ft.

Name:	june.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	259672Click image for larger version

Name:	mombo.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	259673

Comment

• Took the A-10 out for the first time this season. On mt YAK-130, and lost the impeller mid-flight and had to dead stick with 15 mph tail wind.. Thankfully the landing gear bending was the only damage. I have 126 flights on this one and its probably my most favorite to fly.

Comment

• Got a few flights in on the H9 Corsair and 600 UH-1N this afternoon. The Corsair handled a stiff crosswind very well, it never ceases to amaze me how well it handles in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                        Got a few flights in on the H9 Corsair and 600 UH-1N this afternoon. The Corsair handled a stiff crosswind very well, it never ceases to amaze me how well it handles in the air.
                        The flag is a nice touch. ...Accept it should only have 1 star!!

Comment

• This was the other day actually.. not today. Had the wife with me the same day I was having issues with the prop adaptor on the Cub. Good thing I had the Commander with me as well. I think she had me go around more then a few times trying to get those balloons in the background just right for her. The pic still came out a bit blurred, but pretty sweet.
                          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• A beautiful morning for flying here in Ohio. Was able to get in my first flights on a used, but extremely well cared for FMS Zero that I recently purchased. Another great flying plane! Click image for larger version

Name:	CFD208A0-F20F-44ED-90D8-8DDA4B0A61C2.jpeg
Views:	496
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	260110

Comment

• That Zero is beautiful!

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                                That Zero is beautiful!
                                Thanks shipmate. Didn’t have to do anything to make it that way! I’m kinda shocked at how well it flies.

Comment

• Had fun flying the newly repainted RAF CZ T-28. This bird was several years old and was due a makeover.

Changed over to a new pilot. Lined the cockpit interior with plastic. Tinted canopy with Tamiya TS-71 Smoke. Airbrush work done with the new Benchcraft PC110 Compressor kit.

Name:	RAF T-281.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	260132Click image for larger version

Name:	RAF T-282.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	260133Click image for larger version

Name:	RAF T-283.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	260134Click image for larger version

Name:	RAF T-284.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	260135Click image for larger version

Name:	RAF T-285.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	260136Click image for larger version

Name:	RAF T-286.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	260137

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Thanks shipmate. Didn’t have to do anything to make it that way! I’m kinda shocked at how well it flies.
                                    I was unable to buy one while they were in production. Always wanted one, and I keep my eyes out for ones for sale.

Comment

• Prowler901 https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...een-fmm033pgrn 299.00 and still in stock! IT flies great. I have two of them... Jerry

Comment

• A few weeks ago a very good friend, gave me an E-flite Splendor. He did not have any batteries for it. Some one else gave it to him. This plane has been discontinued for some time know but us in great condition so I checked everything out, programmed it and took it out and flew it early this morning be fore the wind came up, With a 6 cell 3300 I got a good 9 1/2 minutes of flight time t, that brought the battery down to 3.79. With the CG at the rec. 150 mm from the leading edge and rec. throws on High rate I discovered this plane is very snap happy with full up elevator, and even in low rate it will snap out of a loop. I will need to do some experimenting with CG and control surface throw's.

Name:	so1.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	260186Click image for larger version

Name:	so2.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	260187

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                          Had fun flying the newly repainted RAF CZ T-28. This bird was several years old and was due a makeover. Changed over to a new pilot. Lined the cockpit interior with plastic. Tinted canopy with Tamiya TS-71 Smoke. Airbrush work done with the new Benchcraft PC110 Compressor kit.
                                          TW, She's a 'beauty'! Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X