X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    I would like to recognize my son Enoch who completed two years of flying a plane every day. Inspired by George Baker of Tired Iron Aviation he did a large part of it with the little XK Edge A-430. It has made him a heck of a pilot. To commemorate the occasion he is getting a 64mm F-18 at his request. Way to go Enoch!

Click image for larger version Name:	20200722_152546_copy_2016x1512.jpg Views:	0 Size:	301.9 KB ID:	265133
    Great going Enoch!

Comment

I would like to recognize my son Enoch who completed two years of flying a plane every day. Inspired by George Baker of Tired Iron Aviation he did a large part of it with the little XK Edge A-430. It has made him a heck of a pilot. To commemorate the occasion he is getting a 64mm F-18 at his request. Way to go Enoch!
      Congratulations Enoch! Quite an accomplishment!

Comment

Enoch, Heartiest Congratulations, you've 'earned' it. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	20200722_152546_copy_2016x1512.jpg Views:	0 Size:	301.9 KB ID:	265133
          Congrats to Enoch, great kid and pilot!

Comment

Awesome accomplishment! Way to go there, Enoch, congrats!!
            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Here is the Group I had out early today before it got to hot and humid. Blade 550,with a new Flight controller, Waco YMF-5D, and my Flight Line B-24 Liberator.

P.S. what can I say other than "looking Good Enoch, Keep em flying" You will love the 64mm F-18

Click image for larger version  Name:	July24.jpg Views:	15 Size:	213.6 KB ID:	265161

Comment

• I just finished uploading a video I took this morning. We went out early 5 am to beat the heat The video was of the 4th flight I made with it today. The first three I made numerous touch and go's, flaps up, 1/2 flaps, full flap. On this last flight I took the video of Right around the last low fly by with full flaps gear up I started climbing out put the flaps up at the same time and it took a quick dive. To say the least I was not ready for that kind of excitement. LOL !!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9T_ua_8s9g

Comment

Way to go Enoch, you have restored my faith in the "next generation". But more importantly, I have to take my hat off to DAD. RCjetdude my compliments on encouraging him to do it and standing by his side. That's what I would call an "A number 1 Dad" and you have every right to be enormously proud of him!
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Way to go Enoch, you have restored my faith in the "next generation". But more importantly, I have to take my hat off to DAD. RCjetdude my compliments on encouraging him to do it and standing by his side. That's what I would call an "A number 1 Dad" and you have every right to be enormously proud of him!
                    Thank you sir. He has come a long way since the days of the HobbyZone Sport Cub S that he started with.

Comment

• During the week that would normally be the EAA Oshkosh Airshow, a friend and I decided to get as many models to the field as possible, and try out some formation flying. Had a lot of fun flying the F-16, B-17, B-24, Spitfire, Sea Fury, and Bell 47 this morning. It was the closest I could get to Warbird Alley for this year. Will be looking forward to next year's show.

Comment

• F106DeltaDart that B-17 looks great, what was the manufacturer of that? Still hoping FW will do at least a 2000mm B-17 some day to join up with their B-24.
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                          F106DeltaDart that B-17 looks great, what was the manufacturer of that? Still hoping FW will do at least a 2000mm B-17 some day to join up with their B-24.
                          Thanks Hugh, it is the HobbyKing 1875mm B-17 with a few modifications. It’s a really nice flyer, and the same scale as the B-24. I’m personally hoping for a Flightline B-29 in the same scale, around a 2400mm span.

Comment

• Originally posted by mburton47 View Post

Hey G-man I hear what your saying about the wind. Same thing down here in Cheyenne. Wind in Wyoming is nothing new but haven't seen it this bad in a while. Wind is usually out of the west or north but most of the time it has been the opposite. Out of the east and south. So far not a good year for flying let alone the virus.
                            Yes, this has been THE worst year for wind so far!! Its constant! At least I used to be able to get up early in the AM and get quite a bit of flying done and be home by 10 or so with no are at least manageable winds. This year, no such luck. I'm up at 5:00AM for work and the danged wind is blowing!!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                              I just finished uploading a video I took this morning. We went out early 5 am to beat the heat The video was of the 4th flight I made with it today. The first three I made numerous touch and go's, flaps up, 1/2 flaps, full flap. On this last flight I took the video of Right around the last low fly by with full flaps gear up I started climbing out put the flaps up at the same time and it took a quick dive. To say the least I was not ready for that kind of excitement. LOL !!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9T_ua_8s9g
                              My Garmin Instinct watch has a heart rate monitor built-in, and after I sync it with the app on my phone, I can review a graph of my heart rate. I can always tell when I was having an "exciting" moment of flying from the spike in the heart rate.

Comment

• After a mid week maiden/trimming flight, put 7 packs through the 90mm F15 today and got the AS3X dialled in nicely.

It may not be the most acrobatic foamy around, but damned if it doesnt stop everyone on the flightline in their tracks when it takes to the skies. Really enjoying the challenge of managing energy in the 'super scale' planes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	109737732_3488538191165251_8377951367301872996_o.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	265388Click image for larger version

Name:	113863188_3488538207831916_5031525656044700880_o.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	265389Click image for larger version

Name:	114152139_3488539921165078_2111161100060861744_o.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	265390Click image for larger version

Name:	116237659_3488538771165193_3285439682634986681_o.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	265391

Comment

• good to b back in the air flew my corsair ...remaiden after new wings rebuild,, and good lookover ...3 flights no broken gear yeehaa.......... first landing was best slight flare last second and that little warbird bounce... very cool it flies like b4 beautifuly..... i had noticed after sitting a while the struts had firmed up.... quick clean and lube ,, it was visablly softer on the grass ...3good landings ,, might b something in that who knows?? cya

Comment

• Really loving how my T-bird flies. Sharing my buddy’s video of our formation flying together. I flew lead - he gets the better view. Watch in 4K large screen.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Had the RV-8 out and the Pitts. Got 4 flights on the RV-8 and two on the Pitts, made an old guy mistake and left my spare batteries for the Pitts at home, but managed to squeeze a couple of flights on her with the battery I had. I replaced the tires with Dave Browns on the Pitts, this is the set I got from Ryan many moons ago at Nefi and hadn't installed them. They require a slight amount of drilling and after that its a straight forward swap out. Makes a huge difference, as I said before, like landing on a mattress!
                                      On a more maddening note, I had MLG out as well, she ran right off the side of the runway and sheared her prop blades off, popped one retract out, broke a gear door ( of course, they always do) and a couple of skid marks, nothing irreparable. The problem, the danged clevis that steers the tailwheel sheared its pin. Its always something with a FW Mustang and you learn to love with it. I'll pull the rod out and replace the clevis with a metal one. Ho Hum....

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                                        ... Sharing my buddy’s video of our formation flying together. ...
                                        Excellent! (but I would have preferred hearing some of the original audio.)

Can you recommend a site that has good info on getting started in head tracking FPV? (Recommended hardware etc.) I'm quite nearsighted and that's probably a factor for choice of goggles/monitors.)

Thanks for the vid!

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                                          Excellent! (but I would have preferred hearing some of the original audio.)

Can you recommend a site that has good info on getting started in head tracking FPV? (Recommended hardware etc.) I'm quite nearsighted and that's probably a factor for choice of goggles/monitors.)

Thanks for the vid!
                                          There’s a RCG forum dedicated to Scale FPV Flight with many helpful fellows:
                                          RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

and FB group called “FPV Scale Airplanes / Warbirds“ that can answer all your questions.
                                          YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                          Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

Working...
                                          X