Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    the other thing I want to do is get me a HP stinger 90mm
    Maybe a little late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY rifleman_btx .

I definitely recommend the Stinger 90, one of my favorite jets. It flies just as well and easy as the Avanti, but a little larger and faster. The only difference in flight between the 2 that I have found is the Stinger will knife edge, but only with full rudder throw and almost full power, where the Avanti will do it at 80% throttle and still climb if you want it to. I use a RT 6250 and get almost 5 minutes of very aggressive flying out of it. On any of my "jet" days, I always take either the Avanti or Stinger to make the first flight of the day and just horse it around with every maneuver I have to get my confidence up before flying the others. I'm confident you will love flying it. With that said, I only have 2 complaints about it:

1) Personally, I didn't like the white/red scheme as it was a little difficult for me to always see it's orientation with, but since you're 42, you shouldn't have a problem with that so that's why I repainted it completely and had Callie do some custom graphics for me. But this may not be an issue for you, and if it is, it's a good frame to redo.

2) I hated having to plug/un-plug 6 servo wires on the wings (Aileron/Flap/Gear on each wing half) each time I took it out, since I remove the wings so I have plenty of room in the truck to bring at least 3 other jets with it. The Stinger is one of the "older" models that does not have the wing ribbons and after about 50 flights, I could see the servo connections were getting stressed out (and I'd about had it putting it together each time). I rewired everything using locking 5 pin connectors and now I have 2 simple connections that lock in place when I assemble/disassemble the wings. If you leave the wings attached, then this won't be an issue for you, but if you do, sooner or later you'll get fed up with the existing connections and may want to change it like I did.

With those 2 issues taken care of for me at least, it quickly became one of my favorites.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Thank you, and sounds great to me, it's what I'm looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Happy birthday to you, 42, Wow, your still young.
        thank you, and it got alittle late so ended up night flying the RV8 tonight. We had a storm roll through and knock out power and minor wind damage around the place. But once the storm passed it made for perfect weather to fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          I might load up a couple of batteries and fly my CZ T28 today to celebrate my 42 years today on this planet.
          Dude! Totally forgot we’re so close on the B-Days, Happy Born On Day...

Comment

• Thanks brother

Comment

• Two flights each on my FMS 182 and UMX Timber. One flight on the Dynam Hellcat, and a successful maiden of my FMS Tigercat.

Comment

• Sharing my recent flights practicing FPV formation loops and such in FW T-33's with drone chase views. Enjoy!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Had a tandem flight today with a friend. I wish somebody video'd it. Others at the field even came up to us after and said how much they enjoyed watching us.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3719.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	382.1 KB
ID:	270736

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    Had a tandem flight today with a friend. I wish somebody video'd it. Others at the field even came up to us after and said how much they enjoyed watching us.

Name:	IMG_3719.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	382.1 KB
ID:	270736
                    Nice, it will look even better when you put a new MIG 29 in the mix!
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Nice, it will look even better when you put a new MIG 29 in the mix!
                      Haha! In due time, Hugh. My friend and I are planning that acquisition as a winter build. It's mostly due to finances (Can. $$ is so low right now but slowly creeping up). This is a pretty big purchase (around $1000.00 CAN per person). Plus, we'd like to see the reviews from "privateers". We Canucks tend to be pretty stingy with our money.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        Haha! In due time, Hugh. My friend and I are planning that acquisition as a winter build. It's mostly due to finances (Can. $$ is so low right now but slowly creeping up). This is a pretty big purchase (around $1000.00 CAN per person). Plus, we'd like to see the reviews from "privateers". We Canucks tend to be pretty stingy with our money.
                        Hey, don't forget, I've seen your so called "Hangar" (which I call any space in the entire house and a few places with no space) so if you're stingy, I'm Ebenezer Scrooge, wish I had half your fleet. And You just stole my thoughts completely (must be from me spending so much time at my cabin around you Canucks)! Planning on the same, hopefully winter (assuming the stock market continues to come back and the negative balance in my accounts somehow miraculously reverse), but wanted to wait until there are enough reviews in (was really hoping for yours) to help push that buy button. I do like the look of the Russian jets profile in the air and actually love flying the SU-30, even if it is a bit of a pig. I certainly don't have any "orientation" issues with that air frame and I'm sure that big MIG 29 would offer the same, but really seems to be extremely well thought out and with plenty of power. I'm really impressed with everything MRC and FW/FL have done in such a short time. Makes you wonder what they will be coming out with in another 5 years, but by then I'll be completely broke!
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman Ya got me on the “stingy” thing. I guess it’s a relative term when it comes to an addiction like this hobby. I’ve always been told that “wine, women and song” will be the end of me some day, so I gave up singing and took up RC airplanes. I too, plan to be broke in 5 years. I’m spending my kids’ inheritance. Then I go live with one of them.

Comment

• The maiden was delayed by a few weeks on account of poor weather but finally got it out of the way for the F-14. I think the build up gets inside your head a little when you're forced to wait it out. Seeing a tomcat zip past with its wings swept is one of the more memorable moments I've had in this hobby, and getting a 6KG EDF down safely is a supremely rewarding experience.

Slight crosswind so will revisit trims over the next couple of days but otherwise got her dialled in nicely over four flights. Gyro, flap mixes and functional air speed sensor all met performance expectations.

The F-22 was just there to calm myself down lol.

Name:	20200826_164426.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	270794Click image for larger version

Name:	20200826_171141.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	378.1 KB
ID:	270795Click image for larger version

Name:	20200826_171157.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	270796

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                              The maiden was delayed by a few weeks on account of poor weather but finally got it out of the way for the F-14. I think the build up gets inside your head a little when you're forced to wait it out. Seeing a tomcat zip past with its wings swept is one of the more memorable moments I've had in this hobby, and getting a 6KG EDF down safely is a supremely rewarding experience.

Slight crosswind so will revisit trims over the next couple of days but otherwise got her dialled in nicely over four flights. Gyro, flap mixes and functional air speed sensor all met performance expectations.

The F-22 was just there to calm myself down lol.

Name:	20200826_164426.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	270794Click image for larger version

Name:	20200826_171141.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	378.1 KB
ID:	270795Click image for larger version

Name:	20200826_171157.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	270796
                              Outstanding mshagg , kudos to you. One of my best flying buddies (and the best EDF pilot I've seen), Brinka has maybe 200 flights on his F-14 and says it's one of the more challenging, yet rewarding jets to fly, so now that you're in that club, I congratulate you. Still too much of a "pucker factor" for me, but one day I hope to join you. She's a beautiful bird.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Nicely done mshagg ! We're all familiar with that "In Your Own Head" syndrome, especially with models that are known to be more challenging. Bravo Zulu!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• mshagg, A couple of things, if I have not told you that your livery is outstanding, well now I have. Also, major league congrats on your first flights of the F-14. Like Hugh Wiedman wrote, I don't think I could pass 'quals' on this one yet. I want one just because it is what it is. So we'll see, perhaps sooner rather than later. And to echo Aros, Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words gents. If you're on the fence I wouldn't hesitate - a lot of pre-flight work obviously given the complexity of the airframe but it flies and lands similarly to other 90mm jets. The weight plays on your mind but it need not.

Wings swept its a unique handling craft but really just a few show passes and then back to normal.

Comment

• Two flights each on the Flite Test Tiny Trainer and the Freewing Stinger. One flight each on the Flite Test Scout, Mustang, and Dynam Waco. Maiden flight on the Freewing Rebel (with a rather ugly landing). Firewall on the Versawing was loose, so she didn't make it into the air today. Moderate temperatures today, with a breeze from the south/southwest peaking at about 8 mph.

Photo of the Rebel on the table is from after the maiden, and the inflight shot is a screengrab from inflight.

Comment

• Finally at the point where I feel I have my HSD F-16 dialed in.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Very Nice Aros , great landing as well. I guess she just wanted her belly rubbed a couple of times, just like me!
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X