Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugh Wiedman Great event, Sir. Wish I was there. It's the poops when individuals avoid taking responsibility for fault. Clearly, climbing over the back of another aircraft is poor piloting whether one is final or not. A picture is worth a 1000 words. The 'spotter' needs his eyes examined and the offending aircraft owner should have offered recompense of some kind, IMO. I do like your attitude, Hugh and with that open parking slot in your hanger, I'm thinking you'll find a way to fill it. Best, Steve
    Captain: Got any ideas?
    F/O: Actually not.
    — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
      Hugh Wiedman Great event, Sir. Wish I was there. It's the poops when individuals avoid taking responsibility for fault. Clearly, climbing over the back of another aircraft is poor piloting whether one is final or not. A picture is worth a 1000 words. The 'spotter' needs his eyes examined and the offending aircraft owner should have offered recompense of some kind, IMO. I do like your attitude, Hugh and with that open parking slot in your hanger, I'm thinking you'll find a way to fill it. Best, Steve
      Thanks, I appreciate the good words. I'm well over it but will probably file a formal complaint, only because he seemed to refuse any responsibility and didn't even have the manners to apologize.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: A-10 Arctic Thunder, 90mm F18 Canadian Demo, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom, F4 Blue Angel, 1600mm Corsair & Spitfire, Olive & Silver B-24, Stinger 90, Red 80mm Avanti. Extreme Flight-Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" MXS Green, 62" Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51, Apprentice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Thanks, I appreciate the good words. I'm well over it but will probably file a formal complaint, only because he seemed to refuse any responsibility and didn't even have the manners to apologize.
        Out of curiosity, did he manage to land his F-16 after that, or did it crash after impact?

Obviously, though, someone with more money than either sense or courtesy.

Comment

• Like I've said in other posts the level of stupidity and ignorance these days astounds me. Hope you can get some satisfaction from a formal complaint and move on to a new build. Good luck Hugh!

Comment

• While I cannot show you what I flew today, these guys were there as I parked in Albuquerque...
            Attached Files

Comment

• Vice President's plane?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                Vice President's plane?
                Part of that fleet.

Comment

• Winding down around north Vermont, nice day in the low 50's° today . Great day to grab some foam and fly Click image for larger version

Name:	20201017_155949.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	280889

Comment

• Yeeha. Lockdown not over just yet. But my thumbs deserve it. Stuff em. So I flew trusty Corsair. Which went well. Still I was nervous ..... And then maidend The mig 17. Very very. Nervous. Not flown 4 toooo long. It went well. It did need lots right aileron trim. And It was a tiny bit pitch sensetive. It was a bit windy so may wait 4 no wind c if that is still the case. Unless u guys have suggestions. Was fun

Comment

• Early knock off today, out to the field for a dozen flights on the Mig. Had the place to myself, as is usual midweek.

Have taken to flying it clean, as much as I love scale detail it just flies so much better. Starting to explore the flight envelope a little more, too. Quite exciting seeing a 6.5kg EDF flapping around in the sky.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201021_205515.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	281480
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20201021_174550.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	281481

Comment

• Three flights today on this recently completed Sterling TriPacer. Running a salvaged Dynam Corsair power system (probably not my greatest decision ever) with a 4s 2200 battery. And Callie graphics of course! Click image for larger version

Name:	F99DC08C-487E-4D13-BEF9-7A178315722B.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	281726

Comment

Working...
                        X