Click image for larger version

Name:	NCFF6301.JPG
Views:	691
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	268864Click image for larger version

Name:	PQVM8364.JPG
Views:	705
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	268865 Just have to have an understanding Wife. Click image for larger version

Name:	EWWR4782.JPG
Views:	712
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	268863
    Actually I have to be honest, I have a wonderful understanding wife who never says a word about my hobby, but it's really me, I couldn't take all that stuff around the house, I'm more of a seller, I buy em, fly em, get bored and sell them off............ I think its a disorder of some kind..........

Comment

• Thanks guys, I seem to add to the fleet at one a month but lately the discontinued planes that their expiration date has come just get gutted and move on, need to organize the work room for it is very cluttered and the wife asks me how I find anything and the response I give her is if you don't move it I know just where I put it. One of the problems with the room is that the walls follow the roof line and don't have straight walls so I can't get peg board and hang some of the supplies and planes that are on the floor, The room is 20x35 ft with a set of stairs behind the P-38. I joke with her that when we move I will build her a 750 Sqf house OK 1400 Sqf two level and me a 2500 Sqf shop with enough land for a garden and the runway just outside the door like Tirediron.
      AMA 424553

Comment

• . that would be nice, a runway on a few acres, I had a very good thing here where I live for awhile, a nice paved runway right across the street from my house, boy did I get spoiled, now I don't even want to drive a mile to fly, but the Ca. high speed rail project came and took it all away, sold the jets and one helicopter, they were taking up space, . I'm trying to get motivated and purchase some more planes and make the drive to the nearest flying club, I just don't think that's going to happen, 36 yrs of flying and it might be time to call it quits, oh wait, I said that last time I sold out...
        TIA has a nice facility and flying area, don't like that short little pole and electric wire going across the property, I know I would hit that some how,,,,

Comment

• Nothing like belly landing a giant scale F-16 on pavement.

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Sorry to see that, what a bummer, do you know why the gear failed to come down?

Comment

• Thanks man. Looks like one of the ball link pushrods that connects to a portion of the port side main gear sheared clean off. The pushrod then jammed in the bay and I think that's why it couldn't extend. Have an email in with HSDJetsUSA support so hopefully they can help me figure it out. Could have been worse!
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Flying out of that parking lot, there wasn't much in the way of grass you could have bellied it into, to soften the landing, either.

Glad the damage was minimal, but still a bummer!

Comment

• Thanks Hoomi, yeah still a bummer. Looks like a faulty servo was the genesis of the issue.
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros , Um, um, um..that's sucky. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                      Thanks man. Looks like one of the ball link pushrods that connects to a portion of the port side main gear sheared clean off. The pushrod then jammed in the bay and I think that's why it couldn't extend. Have an email in with HSDJetsUSA support so hopefully they can help me figure it out. Could have been worse!
                      Why are you still using pushrods? Or can't you find an electric replacement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                        Why are you still using pushrods? Or can't you find an electric replacement?
                        Not sure I get your question?

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Not sure I get your question?
                          I assumed that you would have replaced the old style pushrod retracts with something like this:
                          https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...-shafts-type-b

Comment

• I might load up a couple of batteries and fly my CZ T28 today to celebrate my 42 years today on this planet.

Comment

• Happy birthday rifleman_btx !
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thank you brother

Comment

• the other thing I want to do is get me a HP stinger 90mm

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                    I might load up a couple of batteries and fly my CZ T28 today to celebrate my 42 years today on this planet.
                                    Happy 42nd!! Best wishes for a fantastic day!
                                    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

.....celebrate my 42 years today on this planet.

RM, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday dear RiflemanBTX, Happy Birthday to YOU. Whew.....Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks fellas

Comment

I might load up a couple of batteries and fly my CZ T28 today to celebrate my 42 years today on this planet.
                                          Happy birthday to you, 42, Wow, your still young.

Comment

Working...
                                          X