Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 FPV flight with the Tiny Trainer, 1 LOS flight with the Tiny Trainer, 2 flights with the Simple Scout and the Stinger, and 1 flight of Air Hooterville.

Several guys out at the club have goggles, and tune in when someone is flying FPV. I was doing a roll with the TT on FPV, when one of the guys said, "Are you trying to make me hurl?"

I replied, "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!"

Only issue today was, when I first got to the field, the motor on the Tiny Trainer was binding on a piece of grit that apparently got into it after the second landing last weekend. It took a bit of doing to get it clear, but managed to get the motor spinning freely again.

Comment

• Hoomie,

I find the easy way to make a FPV ride along “passenger” hurl is using a head-tracker. Since your sights are consistent with your head movement you will be fine. But it really messes up the passenger’s sensory coordination when their sights are mismatched with their stationary head. I also get motion sick reviewing my own recorded head-tracking FPV footage in the goggles for the same reason. That’s how I got my YouTube handle!
      YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Just completed transition from the Airbus A320-200 to the Boeing 787-9 last week and starting tomorrow (12/8/2020) I’ll be on regular routes. Talk about a different airplane, it’s like going from a school bus to a Cadillac! Unfortunately, I haven’t had much time to fly my models with training and such.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OIP.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	289244Click image for larger version

Name:	united-787-livery-7.jpeg
Views:	465
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	289245
        Best regards,
        Cris B.
        AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
        NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• "Head tracking" ............................ making it possible for you to have your head turned so you don't puke onto your transmitter.
          (PS. FPV makes me nauseous.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
            Hoomie,

I find the easy way to make a FPV ride along “passenger” hurl is using a head-tracker. Since your sights are consistent with your head movement you will be fine. But it really messes up the passenger’s sensory coordination when their sights are mismatched with their stationary head. I also get motion sick reviewing my own recorded head-tracking FPV footage in the goggles for the same reason. That’s how I got my YouTube handle!
            What head tracking setup are you using?
            AMA 424553

Comment

• The head tracking FPV could be a lot of fun on the planes / jets!!! I'd be curious to see what setup is being used as well.

I got out to fly sunday afternoon. Put 4 flights on the V1200 & 5 flights on my clipped wing E-flite 1.5m Mustang. The mustang flys so good with the clipped wing and a 2 blade 17x12 prop. It's amazing!!! Highly recommend it for anyone with the E-Flite 1.5m Mustang if you don't mind stepping way from the "scale" looks.

Comment

• Fixed the Blade 230S-V2 and ran nine packs through her today in my backyard. Another beautiful day in paradise out here in central Utah!

Blade 230S-V2 in the backyard 2020-12-07

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

What head tracking setup are you using?
                  The head-tracking comes included in my goggles in DJI Goggles RE system. I like the convenience of the wireless setup, no wires to mess with. But it does drift quite a bit from time to time. I don't recommend it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
                    The head tracking FPV could be a lot of fun on the planes / jets!!! I'd be curious to see what setup is being used as well..
                    On newer DJI FPV goggles, I attached a Fatshark Trinity Head Tracker External Module. Very accurate tracking, no lag, no drifting, almost perfect. But the wires/plug that goes into RC TX trainer jack gets worn out over time plugging/unplugging; bad contact has kept me from using it recently. Don't recommend either. Waiting for someone develop better solution...

see first 15 secs of video...

Comment

• My FPV setup is very entry-level. I'm using a Wolfwhoop WT03 camera/TX unit and BetaFPV VR01 goggles. With a 32Gb micro SD card ordered as well, the entire setup can be picked up for under $100 on Amazon. I expect, if I keep flying FPV, I'll upgrade to a better system in the future, but for starting out, I'm pleased with how it works for the money. The WT03 is under $17, which is rather amazing for a combo camera and transmitter.

I don't know that I'd trust flying an expensive model to an inexpensive setup like this, but for something as small and sedate as the Tiny Trainer, I'm not worried. I also won't fly FPV without a spotter, and so far, one that knows how to fly and could take the controls if needed due to Tx or goggle problems.

Comment

• Three flights of the Tiny Trainer (two FPV, one LOS), two flights of the Simple Scout, two flights of the Stinger (bringing it to forty flights total), one flight of the Versawing, and the Calypso returned to the air this morning with a new motor and prop.

Comment

• Yesterday was a really nice flying day. I flew several 1.6m and larger warbirds and my Freewing F-86 and Me-262. The plane that I flew the snot out of, though, was the Flightline FW-190A-8. For the last year or so, it seems that I've primarily been flying larger warbirds (foam and ARFs). I'd picked up the Flightline FW-190A-8, a month or two ago, and have really been enjoying it. I put an Eagle 3-axis stabilizer in it, to dampen out some of the twitchiness, and it's a rock solid flying. It's easily my favorite plane in the 1.1m and 1.2m class of warbirds. Here's my last flight of the day yesterday.

---
                          Warbirder

Comment

• We finally had some decent weather, somewhat cool for here at 76 degrees, but a gusty 10-15 mph 90 degree crosswind , but had to get out before the end of the year. Got in 4 flights each on my Avanti, 60" Edge, 90 mm F-16 and my 60" Beast Bi-Plane. Absolutely love flying the Beast, but seldom get it out because I refuse to take the wings off for transport and it takes up a lot of room in the truck and can't take a bunch of others out at the same time like I like to do. One of these days I'll get a trailer and just fill it up for a smorgasbord of fun! It's a shame that Hangar 9 discontinued the Beast, but lucky I still have it and although it was one of my early RC aircraft, it's never (thank God) been in a mishap, just flies so sweet, with 8 minutes on a RT6250. Can't beat that. Learned how to knife edge , hover and do flat spins with this years ago so it was a great "trainer" for some simple 3D stuff. I still also have a 2nd new in the box Beast I got just as they discontinued it so I'd have a spare or just for parts in the event I ever needed it. And orientation visibility with this baby ain't no problem!

Name:	20201220_105918.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	291005Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220_105856.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	291004
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Interesting eastern bloc combo this morning.

Mig 29 is a little scary with the thrust vectoring nozzles installed. The Mig 17 is such a smooth flyer but a bit of a shock to the system after so much stick time on modern airframes lately. Fly it scale :)

Name:	20201222_182749.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	312.4 KB
ID:	291159

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201223_074946.jpg Views:	0 Size:	403.3 KB ID:	291158

Comment

• I went out this morning and flew these two today. The V-1200 is one fast racer. Love the flaps and gear on this one Beats landing the others I have on their bellies, such as my V-900 and the Skynetic Havok. Got the V-1200 on the radar gun at 147 mph. I did change the low rate down from the recommended throw for smoother control at full throttle. Flying the T-33 after flying the V-1200, the T-33 seemed rather slow LOL!!!! P.S. Merry Christmas to all

Click image for larger version  Name:	TV2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	186.2 KB ID:	291506

Comment

• Merry Christmas, Squawkers!! Best as always, LB

Attached Files
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                    Merry Christmas, Squawkers!! Best as always, LB

Love the drone, at least Santa is keeping up with technology. Especially like the flags.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Enjoying my new T-33 of late! And the V-1200 is pretty cool too!

Comment

• Got about 6 flights on my OH-6, got really windy, but I flew it anyway.

Got a really short video of a hover, takeoff and one landing, my phone fell backwards after that last takeoff so that's why it stops, sorry it's really boring at one point, invisible heli, but someone might want to see this if your wanting to purchase.

Attached Files

Comment

• Got 20 flights in today, 5 each on my A-10, Corsair, Spitfire and P-51. Guess I decided to finish out the year "warbirds style", as the weather looks bad for the rest of the week. But today was beautiful, 62 degrees (that's Arctic weather for Florida) and only an 8-10 mph crosswind. Hate crosswinds with the tail draggers, but "beggars can't be choosers" and these have enough size to take it in stride. Hope everyone has a great New Years!!!!

Name:	20201227_114550.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	291762

Name:	20201227_114534.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	291763
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X