Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Flew these three planes Saturday. Last nice day we have had in a couple weeks winds have been terrible here in the Black Hills. Yesterday and today winds have been 25 to 40 gust to over 50, we have had High wind warnings until Thursday temps in the 40's with snow forecasted Thursday and Friday then more wind YUK . The Trainer was given to me a few days ago. I set it up with an AR637TA receiver I reset it to the Factory default and programed it with AS3X and SAFE and bound it to my two DX8's for wireless training. A friend gave it to me to use for Instructing Students this Spring. Right now I have three. The Dynum Waco I hadn't Flown for months. The Waco is a very scale flying Bi-Plane. I love doing touch and goes with. The T-33 is one of the easiest and fun flying EDF's I have, very comfortable to fly, and I love doing touch and goes with it also

Click image for larger version  Name:	Waco Aprl.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.1 KB ID:	308434Click image for larger version  Name:	Waco12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.8 KB ID:	308435

Comment

• I want to be that bored, try stocking grocery store shelves

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        I want to be that bored, try stocking grocery store shelves

Grossman56
        Point taken!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Five flights this morning on my Flex Jet. Each time I go to the field, it goes in the truck. It’s like a crack pipe, I can’t help myself. Everyone needs one of these!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	23901765-51F9-4F3C-B317-08F80EC636E1.jpeg
Views:	446
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	308763

Comment

• Added another Carbon Z T-28 to our group today. The club’s President showed up with this beautifully repainted USAF Trojan. These things are fun!

Name:	B32A93D8-EF12-4BA1-9948-9BACDE6C688B.jpeg
Views:	465
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	309236

Comment

• I wish the Z T28's were still available.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                I wish the Z T28's were still available.
                Wow! That happened suddenly. I wonder if they’ll make another return.

Comment

• I've read some speculation that it will this summer. I was on the fence and then it was gone. Damn.

Comment

• They had a lot of problems with the retracts, and the wiring was also a pain to deal with to assemble and tear down to transport. Hopefully they will update the weak retracts and update the wiring like they have in their carbon Z Cessna for ease of transport for the assembly and tear down

Comment

• Agreed! I kept reading that, I guess that's why I was on the fence. But every video I've seen of them fly made want to jump.

Comment

• Yesterday, the weather cleared after being unsettled for the past week. Took the RotorScale 450 AS-350 for five hops in the backyard...

RotorScale 450 AS-350 on 2021-04-17

Comment

• Sun was just coming up this morning so I put another test flight on the Roban 700 Apache, kind of boring with no camera man, at the end I did a taxi takeoff in the dirt, blew up a little desert sand.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                            Agreed! I kept reading that, I guess that's why I was on the fence. But every video I've seen of them fly made want to jump.
                            They look very impressive in the air, and they Fly like an oversized trainer. One other thing about it the servo's are very weak for the size of this plane. I had one that some one gave to me for 50 dollars. He only flew it a few times. He had a flap servo burn out I had to replace but I replaced the flap servo's with some that had three times the torque problem solved with the flaps. I had all kinds of problems with the gear. some times they would work some times not had to land it many times with gear problems. I replaced the gear and sold it. This picture was just before I sold it with all new gear

Name:	T-28.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	309318

Comment

• A rouge snow storm here in Ohio last night, gave me one more opportunity to fly my old Cub on skis. And I thought summer had arrived.

Name:	175A9990-B4C3-4D5B-96DD-7E4429CB4106.jpeg
Views:	368
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	309689

Comment

• Got out yesterday for some more flights on the newly maddened Black Horse Gilmore. Was so excited to fly it some more I forgot to take pictures, but someone at my club took a little cell phone clip and sent me. I've posted the quick fly-by clip below. The sound is amazing!

Black Horse Gilmore Red Lion 1930's racer powered by Saito FG-90r3.

Comment

• Resurrected the Blade Apache AH-64 after being mothballed for 5+ years. Took a little hop in the backyard...

Blade Apache AH-64 backyard patrol

Comment

• Got my maiden flight done on the FW A-4, flew like a dream, it came back very dirty though.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• It was a relatively nice day today with winds in the 8-10mph range. It's been 18-25 for the last couple of weeks, and looks like back to the same for the next 10 days so I had to get out today to feed my addiction. Ended up getting 20 flights in, 5 each on my Corsair, Stinger 90, F-4 and F-16. The F-4 and F-16 both have the 12 blade inrunner and they fly outstanding.

I've been using a HobbyStar 8000 mah 100C in my F-16 but just bought a couple SMC 8100 mah 20C's. I used the SMC's today and they work outstanding. I'm getting 5 minutes of flight time and the SMC tested out with my IR meter at 22C, while the Hobbystar tests out at 18C (100C my a....). They both weigh 904 gr but the 12 blade inrunner seems to care less about the weight, gets off the grass and goes vertical just as well as with a lighter battery, so bring on the extra flight time! I'm getting almost 4 minutes on the F-4 with a 6000 mah 60C that weighs in at 874 gr, so next time out I'm sticking the 8100 in since it's only 28 gr more.

I have to say, the SMC's are outstanding batteries, they test out at or above their advertised C, something unheard of today. The cost for the 8100 is not bad at $136 per battery. The 6200 mah SMC 40C is one I need to get but they are currently out of stock until June on those. I've tested those as well and they are a true 40C battery and with all the other batteries I've tested, the highest has tested out at 24C-no matter what they are labeled at. Those weigh only 814 gr and cost $95. RudyD54 uses the 5300 in his Mig and they tested at their advertised C as well.

So if you are looking for a true C battery, with relatively low weight (compared to competitors with actual lower C's) and at a reasonable price, try SMC. Sounds like a "Hat Trick"! Danny Sullivan, owner of SMC (Superior Matching Concepts) is extremely helpful and will do his best to get the right battery for you. You will notice on their website that most of the batteries are listed as "Flight Batteries". This means that the actual C of the battery is the same as what's printed on the battery. His "car batteries", on the other hand, are somewhat inflated as he claims that aircraft guys know the difference, while car guys only go for high inflated C labels so he has to compete with those people.

Name:	20210426_092007.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	310479Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16 Cropped.jpeg
Views:	270
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	310480Click image for larger version

Name:	20210426_092027.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	310481Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair Cropped.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	310482
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I put the first three flights on my E-flite Draco late this evening. The Draco is every thing I was hoping for. This one is going to make a great Night flyer. I made the first two flights at dusk Did the video on the second flight. The third flight was in the dark. The Draco is very easy to keep orientated with in the dark and the lights light up the run way coming in just before touch down WOW the Draco will be a great addition to any ones Hangar. To Mike Patey, and the Gang at Horizon Hobby THANK YOU, for bringing this awesome Ultimate Bush Plane to the RC community. All I have to say is WOW
                                        Draco with 6 cell G2 5000 50c Smart Battery

Comment

• My RotorScale 450 AS-350 in the backyard yesterday with the Tushar mountains off in the distance (looking SouthWest)...

Rotorscale AS-350 in backyard 2021-04-30

Life is good!

Comment

Working...
                                          X