Name:	DSC00611.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	385491
      Maiden +2 in the books!!
      Attached Files
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• She looks great Lon!! Glad to hear she's behaving herself as well!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Today I flew my 51 year old Delta 707. I built it in 1972 from Aeromodeller plans. It is loosely based on the Avro 707 research delta from the late 1940s. I converted it to electric some years ago. Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.9 KB ID:	385594

Comment

• Flew the HSD F-16 and the FW A-4 in the early morning hrs.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Oops, for some reason I get a double post lately..

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
                Today I flew my 51 year old Delta 707. I built it in 1972 from Aeromodeller plans. It is loosely based on the Avro 707 research delta from the late 1940s. I converted it to electric some years ago. Click image for larger version Name:	5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.9 KB ID:	385594
                *Very* cool!
                or from the parlance of the time... Far Out Man!
                I, for one, would like to hear more about this one!
                Size?, construction?, launch method/landing gear?, channel count?, aerodynamic features? (i.e. washout, sweep angle?,) etc. But please, more pictures!

Comment

• We had a pretty rainy day yesterday here in Northwest Wyoming, and this morning, a lot of fog was around (pretty darned rare up here) but I still took my "Ole Cock" P-47D and my T-33 up for some flights. The fog essentially "erased" 8,500' MSL Heart Mountain that is usually in my backgrounds but today made for a look like a hardstand at Halesworth Air Base in England during WWII. I took a couple of pics after I flew. The bird is really flying nicely.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1098.jpg
Views:	2168
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	385824 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1097.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	385825

Comment

• Turns out that the 'fog' that Dave saw was, in reality, smoke from fires in Montana and Idaho. What would Summer be if the smoke didn't show up?? I was just saying the other day how lucky we've been. Fortunately, the wind is blowing right back into Montana!!
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Turns out that the 'fog' that Dave saw was, in reality, smoke from fires in Montana and Idaho. What would Summer be if the smoke didn't show up?? I was just saying the other day how lucky we've been. Fortunately, the wind is blowing right back into Montana!!
                      I think there was probably some fog mixed in with all that rain we got last night at least at 8 am when I was there. My thermometer showed a humidity reading of 90%, pretty moist air, along with that Montana fire smoke!

Comment

• Took my Freewing F-4N and B-2 Spirit airplanes out for some flights this morning. Haven't flown these airplanes all that much, and it has been a month or two since I flew them last. But they are a lot of fun each time they take to the air. I completed a total of 28 flights on the B-2 to date, and 18 with the F-4N. I know that's not much to many of you who get hundreds of flights on their airplanes, but I'm pretty happy with each time a takeoff equals a landing with mine!

Click image for larger version  Name:	unnamed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.9 KB ID:	385976

Comment

• That is an awesome shot with the mountains in the background, great job.

Comment

• davegee Beautiful shot, Sir. Your Phantom is gorgeous. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                              That is an awesome shot with the mountains in the background, great job.
                              Thanks, DCorsair. Not hard to get a decent picture with beautiful Heart Mountain in the background. I haven't summitted it yet, have to be careful as parts of the year it has grizzlies up there! We're going to try later this month, weather (and bears!) permitting

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                davegee Beautiful shot, Sir. Your Phantom is gorgeous. Best, LB
                                Thanks, Elbee. The paint scheme is based off of a real airplane that flew off the FD Roosevelt about 1975, or so. I like that the tradition of the Jolly Rogers in naval aviation history goes back to WWII, the brainchild of skipper Cdr. Tommy Blackburn and his famous Corsair squadron VF-17.

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• I just had to take advantage of this beautiful late summer weather to fly again this morning. I had an "interservice fly off" with the USMC Corsair and USAAF P-51D. Both flew beautifully and takeoffs equalled landings with no damage, so that is a good thing!

Name:	IMG-1120.jpg
Views:	1313
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	386030 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1121.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	386031

Comment

• Same here as for weather in Ca., test flew my buddies HSD F-16 and put 4 more flights on my A-4, light breeze blowing and nice and cool, we were out early so the lights on my buddies F-16 looked awesome as the sun was breaking through the clouds.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Same here as for weather in Ca., test flew my buddies HSD F-16 and put 4 more flights on my A-4, light breeze blowing and nice and cool, we were out early so the lights on my buddies F-16 looked awesome as the sun was breaking through the clouds.
                                      Cool! I've had my A-4E for a few years now, great flyer. Took it up last week. Mine is painted in colors of VA-152 flying off of the USS Shangri-La during the Viet Nam war in the late 1960s. Cool plane, one of my favorites!

Name:	unamed1.jpgadjusted.jpg
Views:	1038
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	386090

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Cool! I've had my A-4E for a few years now, great flyer. Took it up last week. Mine is painted in colors of VA-152 flying off of the USS Shangri-La during the Viet Nam war in the late 1960s. Cool plane, one of my favorites!

Name:	unamed1.jpgadjusted.jpg
Views:	1038
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	386090
                                        Yours looks great, I need to paint the gear on mine, I decided to stay with the big EDF jets for now and put mine up for sale, if I don't sell it I will do some weathering and paint the gear, it is a great flyer, one of the best Freewing jets around as long as you keep it tame and not set it up by the book, I find it lands so much better with a nose heavy CG.

Comment

Yours looks great, I need to paint the gear on mine, I decided to stay with the big EDF jets for now and put mine up for sale, if I don't sell it I will do some weathering and paint the gear, it is a great flyer, one of the best Freewing jets around as long as you keep it tame and not set it up by the book, I find it lands so much better with a nose heavy CG.
                                          Your comments on weathering, paint, markings, etc., make sense. I had one of these I put on the stock markings, same as you have on yours, years ago. When we moved about four years ago, I sold it to someone in our club, regretfully. I didn't think I'd be flying one of these again at our new field in Wyoming, but sure enough, I bought this new one and used Callie's markings for it, as well as painting the gear white, and other minor details.

I had it out flying one day a couple years ago at our field, which borders on a gravel quarry. I made a mistake of letting it get too far away from me with some pretty substantial winds aloft on downwind, and I ended up crashing it, at a pretty far distance, into the gravel quarry. I looked around high and low for it, but couldn't find it and gave up. The next morning, I felt I just HAD to find that airplane, even if it was just to harvest whatever wasn't destroyed in the crash. Well, again I looked all over the place, but when I turned around to face a very level area of the quarry, there was my plane! It didn't go nose in, it sorta skidded on that flat field or gravel and the red rotating beacon lights were Still flashing, over 24 hours later!

Turns out. I did replace the fuse and one wing, but everything else in that airplane flew again, and I am still using those undamaged parts from that crash in the plane you saw in that picture.

I totally agree with you to dampen down the throws. Even though the real "scooter" could do a 720 degree roll rate/second, I didn't want to approach anything close to that! I'll probably keep this one for a long time, still enjoy the challenge of flying it. I do like the larger EDFs, too. I have the B-2 Spirit bomber, pretty neat in size, it's just a cruiser, but has great presence in the air whenever I do fly it in almost calm winds and nil crosswinds. My Freewing F-4N is a lot of fun, fly fast! It has afterburner lights and electronic wheel brakes, which help on our rather short and bumpy runway.

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

Working...
                                          X