Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been putting flights on my new F-14, got 7 flights on it now, what a fun flyer, this is only my 5th one
    so far over the years,. I have a habit of putting them together and selling them off quickly as I move on to something else but this time I want to really play with it and enjoy it a little bit now that I have a new Futaba 16IZ to play with flight modes, it flies great in swept mode and being all stock it flies great, I thought I was going to upgrade the power systems but I decided to spend the money elsewhere and fly it as is for now.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Maidened the new S2 out in the backyard...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240217_Goosky_S2_Outdoor_Maiden_F0002.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	397326

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
        I have been putting flights on my new F-14, got 7 flights on it now, what a fun flyer, this is only my 5th one
        so far over the years,. I have a habit of putting them together and selling them off quickly as I move on to something else but this time I want to really play with it and enjoy it a little bit now that I have a new Futaba 16IZ to play with flight modes, it flies great in swept mode and being all stock it flies great, I thought I was going to upgrade the power systems but I decided to spend the money elsewhere and fly it as is for now.
        What did you get now? Could it be another helicopter?

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
          Great scheme peajay.. have not seen that b4... i had all the dynam warbirds.. couple little probs,,, but overall great value,, entry level warbirds... all mine had the 650 kv ,,fast... anyway tday i put anther couple flight on fwing f4 phantom... feelin comfy with it now.. 2 greaser landings, bit fast,, but still good.... elev flap mix needs fine tune, but its close,,, flew at my local industrial estate,,, pics of that and spitfire over at(where do u fly) Click image for larger version

Name:	20231217_073527.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	397294 this pic a while ago... maiden day
          Hey Thanks man! That F4 is nice! I was looking at that one on motion RC. I fly at McCool Field here in Las Vegas.

Comment

• I didn't fly today because it was way too windy here in vegas. I finally put all but one of my planes on the racks today. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1561.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	397409

Comment

• had a good morning flying today. I dusted off my B-2 in its foam crate, checked it out in my shop, and flew it this morning. Hadn't flown it since last fall. A bit rusty on takeoffs, but once it is in the air it is a thing of beauty, a real cruiser! I was doing circuits at around 50 percent power, got several presentation passes (couldn't take any pics since I was flying it and I was the only one at the field!) Got a reasonable, and safe landing out of it. This was the 32nd safe flight on this airplane.

Also brought my newly repainted FMS 1500mm P-47D razorback. I looked through my records, I flew it the last time on January 30 in the stock Bonnie paint scheme. After that last flight, I took it off of flying status and started working on the new Penrod and Sam paint scheme. So, it was only 3 weeks from start to finish and a new flight in the new scheme. That went pretty quickly, although I put a lot of hours into that 3 weeks to get it finished!

This was the 8th flight on this plane, the first in the new scheme. Flew exactly the same as before, with the short stock prop on it. I am going to remove that prop and put the V3 Corsair prop on it now, which is much more to proper scale. My other jugs have this prop on it and it works very well on them.

Here are some shots from this morning's flights.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1726.jpg Views:	3 Size:	137.0 KB ID:	397462 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1728cropped.jpg Views:	3 Size:	139.8 KB ID:	397463 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1729.jpg Views:	3 Size:	255.3 KB ID:	397464 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1734.jpg Views:	3 Size:	105.4 KB ID:	397466 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1735.jpg Views:	3 Size:	109.1 KB ID:	397467 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1730cropped.jpg Views:	3 Size:	153.9 KB ID:	397465

Comment

• Look theirs that mountain again.. great shots and even better paintwork.. some of the euro theatre schemes were so colorful.. this one no excepption great job daveegee

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                  Look theirs that mountain again.. great shots and even better paintwork.. some of the euro theatre schemes were so colorful.. this one no excepption great job daveegee
                  Thanks, f4u aussie. I thought you'd like the positioning with Heart Mountain in the background again!🤣 I just swapped out the smaller stock prop with the larger V3 Corsair prop that we have both been experimenting with. Hoping to test fly it again tomorrow morning if the weather is suitable. Thanks again for your work in using the larger V3 prop on these airplanes. Maybe somebody else has done this too, but your posts were the first I saw on Hobbysquawk that inspired me to add this feature onto my P-47 warbirds.

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• One of the most beautiful aviation clips of all time in my mind is the closing scene in Top Gun movie, with zoomed-in shots of two Tomcats lighting their burners and barrel rolling into the sunset. I have always wanted to recreate that with RC planes. So I keep practicing formation barrel rolls any chance I get. Here’s the most recent attempt. Still pretty far apart, with way lamer planes, but I will get there one day

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Turbinefancy, great video. Nicely done, Sir. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee Thank you, Sir! - TF
                        YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                        Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                          had a good morning flying today. I dusted off my B-2 in its foam crate, checked it out in my shop, and flew it this morning. Hadn't flown it since last fall. A bit rusty on takeoffs, but once it is in the air it is a thing of beauty, a real cruiser! I was doing circuits at around 50 percent power, got several presentation passes (couldn't take any pics since I was flying it and I was the only one at the field!) Got a reasonable, and safe landing out of it. This was the 32nd safe flight on this airplane.

Also brought my newly repainted FMS 1500mm P-47D razorback. I looked through my records, I flew it the last time on January 30 in the stock Bonnie paint scheme. After that last flight, I took it off of flying status and started working on the new Penrod and Sam paint scheme. So, it was only 3 weeks from start to finish and a new flight in the new scheme. That went pretty quickly, although I put a lot of hours into that 3 weeks to get it finished!

This was the 8th flight on this plane, the first in the new scheme. Flew exactly the same as before, with the short stock prop on it. I am going to remove that prop and put the V3 Corsair prop on it now, which is much more to proper scale. My other jugs have this prop on it and it works very well on them.

Here are some shots from this morning's flights.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1726.jpg Views:	3 Size:	137.0 KB ID:	397462 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1728cropped.jpg Views:	3 Size:	139.8 KB ID:	397463 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1729.jpg Views:	3 Size:	255.3 KB ID:	397464 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1734.jpg Views:	3 Size:	105.4 KB ID:	397466 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1735.jpg Views:	3 Size:	109.1 KB ID:	397467 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1730cropped.jpg Views:	3 Size:	153.9 KB ID:	397465

Man that is very nice! Great job on the paint and scheme!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peajay5 View Post

Man that is very nice! Great job on the paint and scheme!
                            Thanks, peajay5. It was a fun makeover and allowed me to detail some of my personal favorite things to do on these airplanes. I am going to add a few more photos taken just a couple hours ago when I got a flight on with the new V3 Corsair prop which is much more in scale to real thing. The stock prop works fine, I guess, but it looked a bit goofy to me when you look at photos of the real airplane! Flies beautifully on this larger prop.

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• I just got back from the field to test fly my new Penrod and Sam makeover with the larger, more scale V3 Corsair prop. I also flew my "weathership" E Flite Beech 18 to test the air for turbulence, crosswinds, etc beforehand. I always do that before I put up one of my more valued birds. I was very happy with the flight results using the big prop today, which I also have installed on my other FMS P-47s. Couldn't have had a better flight. The winds are supposed to pick up now for the next few days so I'll probably be standing down from flying until next week sometime.

Cheers

Davegee

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1743.jpg Views:	0 Size:	185.3 KB ID:	397567 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1744.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.8 KB ID:	397565 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1748.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.7 KB ID:	397568 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1747.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	397566 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1749.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.5 KB ID:	397569

Comment

• First real outdoor backyard session this year. 11 packs through my new direct drive micro heli fleet (Eachine E120S, Goosky S1 and S2.)

The S2

Name:	20240224_Goosky_S2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	397680

The S1

Name:	20240224_Goosky_S1.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	397681

Comment

• Got a few out last week at was able to get some nice photos. No boring videos like I usually do! The F4's and F16 (just upgraded to 8S), the F18 Canadian, 8S EuroFighter and Extreme Flights FW 190 "Red Tulip". The F4's and F16 fly incredible on 8S (should've upgraded long ago), flying 5-6 minutes on the new SMC 8S HiV 5900 pack. A couple photos of each below, but for the full "Monty", go to the video.

Name:	#1.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	397939 Click image for larger version

Name:	#3.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	397940 Click image for larger version

Name:	#9.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	397941 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20240222-WA0069.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	397942 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20240222-WA0073.jpg
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	397943 Click image for larger version

Name:	#3.jpg
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	397944 Click image for larger version

Name:	#12.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	397945 Click image for larger version

Name:	#14.jpg
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	397946 Click image for larger version

Name:	#20.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	397947 Click image for larger version

Name:	#12.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	397948 Click image for larger version

Name:	#17.jpg
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	397949 Click image for larger version

Name:	#28.jpg
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	397950

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Goosky S2

Name:	20240229_Goosky_S2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	398008

Comment

• Nice day here in Ca. so I got out the Cobra and the F-16 for some flights, hadn't flown the Cobra for a bit and was all over the place...
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• We've had typical late winter/early spring weather with some snow, cold, and windy conditions. Not the best for flying so I've stood down from flying for a couple of weeks. Today looked better, light winds, although pretty cloudy and chilly weather. But I brought my venerable Corsair and my "weather ship" EFlite Beech 18 to assess the weather/winds conditions before I took the Corsair up. I like to do this on a regular basis if there is any doubt about how things are going "upstairs" as I know the Beech 18 can handle it and I can land almost anywhere into the wind or with a crosswind safely.

The Beech 18 flight I did a slew of touch and go's just for fun, and brought it down after about a 6 minute flight. This plane just "sips" battery power the way I fly it, so I had tons of charge left when I landed.

I took the Corsair up for about a 5 minute flight, doing the usual aerobatics that Corsairs are known for. My favorite with warbirds for a finale is to do a high speed run over the runway, then pull up sharply in a pitch out maneuver, bringing the power way down and dropping the gear and flaps, continuing to a downwind leg. I then do a descending 180 degree turn to the runway for a wheel landing, tail low. Looks pretty cool, and this was often how they recovered fighters after a mission. I find I like the routine maneuvers that I am very familiar with, and usually puts me in a good position for a good and safe landing.

Checking the weather through the week, possible to drag out some other airplanes the next few days. We're due for some light snow on Wednesday, but other days might work out to sneak out there for some flights on my other planes. I'll post a shot after I landed today. This plane is really a joy to fly. I commend the folks at MRC and Flightline for coming up with such a nice flying and looking airplane!

Cheers

Davegee

Name:	IMG_1816.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	398618

Comment

• With a little better weather this morning, I put two planes in my truck and went out to the field. At first it was pretty cold with a steady crosswind, but I forged ahead as the temps slowly climbed a bit and the winds subsided some. It was still a bit rough and turbulent at altitude, though.

My oldest P-47D FMS model, named "I Wanted Wings/Button Nose" was the first one up and I got three pretty good flights on it. Hadn't flown it for some time. I did put on the bazooka type rocket tubes, just for grins. These were used here and there during the summer of 1944, but their effectiveness was called into question. There was no guiding them, no gunsights for the pilot to improve his aim, and you couldn't jettison them after use so you had to fly back to base with these pretty high-drag tubes. Other, better type rockets were later used on P-47s and other fighters. After three flights I called it good for the day with no scrapes or damage, which I'm always happy about.

The P-51D E Flite LOU IV is a favorite of mine, although I have problems with the tires. I have changed out this and my other plane The Hun Hunter from Texas with the 3.5 inch Robarts. They definitely help "stick" the landings versus the stock hard rubber wheels that come with the kits, but they're not perfect. I flew LOU IV 6 times today, great flights, but on the last landing during the rollout, the left gear folded and it skidded to a stop. Minor damage, however, I suspect the plastic casing for the retract failed, and thus the folding of the gear on rollout. I'll have to investigate as it still operates up and down, but I bet that when I remove the retract for inspection, I'll find a crack in the housing that I'll have to send for a new retract. This is original equipment on this over two year old plane, so it's possible that a crack has been developing for awhile and finally just gave way. Once I get a new retract, I should be good to go again. I find especially once you get these E Flite P-51s in the air, they are about as good at realistically flying like the big birds as anything I have flown in rc.

I've spent a lot of time trying to get this paint scheme as close to what I believe was accurate to how it looked in the summer of 1944. LOU IV was painted on the left cowl, and ATHELENE was painted on the right cowl. Athelene was the wife of Col TJJ Christian's crew chief, and Christian allowed his loyal crew chief to embellish the aircraft with his wife's name on it.

I feel spring is coming, sooner or later!

Cheers

Davegee

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1829.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.2 KB ID:	398760 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1828.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.2 KB ID:	398761 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1822.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.1 KB ID:	398762 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1824.jpg Views:	0 Size:	200.4 KB ID:	398763 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1830.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.9 KB ID:	398764

Comment

Working...
                                          X