Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-1B and Me163. From the sublime to the gor-blimey! Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	387359 Click image for larger version

Name:	B1-1.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	387360

Comment

• Awesome maiden flight on the 64mm Futura! It flies great, just like my 80mm one!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        Great to see Dave! Didn't get out 'til later that day, all the flip floppers (3D flyers, it's an inside thing) were out but still managed to get a few flights in. Man what perfect weather! I'm going to watch the weather and if it's good when I get off work, might head out then during the week.
        Next week for sure (Oct. 2) So much better when everyone is flying pattern.
        It was funny yesterday, because none of them could do a decent landing, so I took the RV 8 up and proceeded to do 7 or 8 greased in landings. Sometimes you just have to be a smart ass
        As I said before, we have our own sub group, you me and Ron. "The Old Farts With Airplanes" Club.

Grossman56
        I'm honored to be a charter member of "The Old Farts with Airplanes Club!" Someday, hopefully not too soon, we'll bring our airplanes out to the flightline with our walkers! (Ha!)

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• Brought my EFlite Hun Hunter from Texas and P-47 "Ole Cock" out to the field today. Another great morning for flying, although my P-51 has a nasty habit today of making a sharp uncommanded ground loop near the end ot the landing roll, dipping a wingtip to the ground. Did some cosmetic damage to the bottom wingtip, and I'm fixing that this afternoon. Flies great, though, as does the FMS P-47D. All three of my FMS P-47s fly very well, I love the wlde gear stance making it much more stable for takeoffs and landing tracking.

Here's a shot today of Old Cock at the hardstand at AAF Cody, this morning!

Davegee

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1165.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	387461

Comment

• A few flights with my P-51 and A-10.

Name:	DSC00685 (1024x682).jpg
Views:	283
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	387469
            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Looks great Lon!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Had a great weekend of flying. Went to a Scale Fun Fly and brought out my UH-34, B-17 and T-33. Credits to Bob Score for the excellent photos!

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                  Brought my EFlite Hun Hunter from Texas and P-47 "Ole Cock" out to the field today. Another great morning for flying, although my P-51 has a nasty habit today of making a sharp uncommanded ground loop near the end ot the landing roll, dipping a wingtip to the ground. Did some cosmetic damage to the bottom wingtip, and I'm fixing that this afternoon. Flies great, though, as does the FMS P-47D. All three of my FMS P-47s fly very well, I love the wlde gear stance making it much more stable for takeoffs and landing tracking.

Here's a shot today of Old Cock at the hardstand at AAF Cody, this morning!

Davegee

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1165.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.1 KB ID:	387461
                  Daveege your p51s and p47s alwaays look so real... another great shot,, that u could easily hang on ya wall,, and not think it was a 1500 foamie,,, i think that beautiful mountain gives it some scale

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

Daveege your p51s and p47s alwaays look so real... another great shot,, that u could easily hang on ya wall,, and not think it was a 1500 foamie,,, i think that beautiful mountain gives it some scale
                    thanks for the kind words, f4uaussie. Wish I could trade it in on a full sized airplane, but I suppose that won't ever happen... (LOL)

Happy Flying Down Under!

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                      Had a great weekend of flying. Went to a Scale Fun Fly and brought out my UH-34, B-17 and T-33. Credits to Bob Score for the excellent photos!

Love the pics of those beautiful aircraft, F106DeltaDart! Curious which kit the B-17 is. I see the tailwheel is retracted, which is very cool. I've always hoped for a new offering from Flightline or FMS with a B-17 that I could buy, but I was curious what you thought of yours and if they still sell that kit, whichever company it came from. The photos look great, though. Still very impressed with your beautiful Marine helicopter and the Mercury spacecraft hanging below it!

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Love the pics of those beautiful aircraft, F106DeltaDart! Curious which kit the B-17 is. I see the tailwheel is retracted, which is very cool. I've always hoped for a new offering from Flightline or FMS with a B-17 that I could buy, but I was curious what you thought of yours and if they still sell that kit, whichever company it came from. The photos look great, though. Still very impressed with your beautiful Marine helicopter and the Mercury spacecraft hanging below it!
                        Thanks Dave! The B-17 is the Hobbyking/General Hobby 1875mm B-17 modified with an FMS BF-109 tail retract, and Freewing B-17 Main retracts. Its a favorite of mine, I've had it since 2013. Flies like a big trainer, and I'd definitely recommend it.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks Dave! The B-17 is the Hobbyking/General Hobby 1875mm B-17 modified with an FMS BF-109 tail retract, and Freewing B-17 Main retracts. Its a favorite of mine, I've had it since 2013 and it a favorite of mine. Flies like a big trainer, and I'd definitely recommend it.
                          That B-17 looks very cool, as do all your models! I was hoping to do a B-17 rc model to honor my almost 101 year old father-in-law who flew 35 combat missions over Germany as B-17 pilot during WWII. He still has remarkable memories on his experience in the AF, WWII and afterwards, and it would be cool to make a plane representing one he flew during the war. Not sure that will happen, but it's worth a thought. Seeing your pic of the B-17 got me thinking about it again...

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• I took my F-4N and A-4E aircraft out to the field this morning for some flights. Weather perfect once again, zero wind at that time of the morning, which was good, although sometimes it's nice to have a bit of a headwind for flying these jets . My F-4 has electronic wheel brakes that came in handy this morning as I misjudged my speed a bit, or maybe had a bit of a tailwind, and it sailed past me and touched down way down the runway. All I could do was apply the brakes, and it slowed the plane down in time before the end of the runway like it had just "trapped" a 3-wire! I was impressed with that. I usually don't have to be that hard on the brakes.

I'll attach some pics from the morning's flights.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1174.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.4 KB ID:	387512 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1178.jpg Views:	0 Size:	274.3 KB ID:	387513 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1180.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.6 KB ID:	387515 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1183adjsuted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	239.2 KB ID:	387516 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1181adjusted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.5 KB ID:	387517

Comment

• Made a trip to the Platteville Flying field today. Overcast day, but wind right down the runway. At first, I was wondering "what was the white stuff in the grass?" After further investigation, I'm thinking it is a patch of "Meadow Mushrooms" Had some great flights with my 8s Schubeler powered FW Avanti. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00686.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	387532
                              Attached Files
                              Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Nice day here in CA., perfect temps and a slight breeze down the runway so I got a couple of flights in this evening with the HSD F-16 and the first time all loaded up, flew great and not much difference than without really except the CG, had to move the batteries forward an inch or so, it looks great in the air too, sorry no video.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Out bright and early this morning, 4 flights on the Eurofighter and 2 flights on the A-4 scooter

Attached Files

Comment

• How did the 14gr work out?

Gravy

Comment

• Had a great time at the beach yesterday.Flew the PZ Mozzy,XFly Twin Novas both 1400 and 850mm versions,Draganfly/Skipper off the water and the 80mm Rafale:

Comment

• We had our Fall Fly In this weekend, the weather turned out great considering we got drenched during the week! See the snow on Hart Mountain?

Name:	IMG_5841.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	388635 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5842.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	388634 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5849.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	190.0 KB