First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• y
    Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

200kv should be pretty noticeable.
    Thats what I thought too but not in the F-15, it came right out of the F-4 and right into the F-15. That 9 blade loves batteries for some reason, at least mine did, maybe I should have checked the timing on it or something, wouldn't have kept it anyway, didn't like the whine that it makes, love the wooosh of the 1680kv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      Freewing SBD... A classic and it flies well to boot! :Cool:
      I'm kind of sad that one is no longer shown on the MRC site, as it would have been a contender for my next plane. Maybe by the time I'm ready for another, it'll be back in production.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
        y

Thats what I thought too but not in the F-15, it came right out of the F-4 and right into the F-15. That 9 blade loves batteries for some reason, at least mine did, maybe I should have checked the timing on it or something, wouldn't have kept it anyway, didn't like the whine that it makes, love the wooosh of the 1680kv.
        That's really strange, I bet the timing may have been set wrong because I find that the 9 blade is much more efficient than the 12 blade fans.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	CDFB97B4-BADC-442D-886A-7F7F9056924E.jpeg
Views:	293
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	159508Click image for larger version

Name:	B68A29CC-A419-489B-A24D-4A02DDFE1FBA.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	159507 Sunrise and off to AMPs Field

Comment

• Same planes last weekend at One Eighth Air Force event, Apache Junction, AZ. Dwarfed by my friend Daves’ Stearman. With the smoke on it is so great to watch.

Comment

• Probably the best Rc vid EVER lol. That sky!!!!
              ​​​​​​
              https://youtu.be/W-08fKnsiZo

Comment

• Long time, no squawk fellow aviators. Hope everyone is well. Finally some vacation time and some choice flying weather last weekend. Got to fly back to back Saturday and Sunday for the first time all year. Urrl inspired me to get out and fly my 70 mm F-104. Not at all dead Urrl, just been resting. I did an hour of flight sim for orientation and landings, then flew all of these bad boys three flights each both days with no issues. Flying less often seems to work for me now, I don't get it. Sunday will make a grand total of eight flying days for me in this year of perpetual wildfire season. I don't know if Aros is still around, but I finally painted my own version of rattle can Arctic Aressor camo on my little bro Freewing A-10. It needs some touch-up and decals, but it still flies like a banshee. Doghouse is next Aros. And I see the 70 mm F-16 is on sale, what a steal for such a sweet flying bird. Stay well squawkers.

Comment

• Aggressor. Eyes are going man.

Comment

• Yesterday, Day 834 I almost forgot to fly:Scared:

I was busy working on planes all day and did even think about until after dark...that's scary:Whew:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Day334.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	159605
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Thank the Lord for lights!!!!!

Comment

• Speaking of lights. In case yall missed it. Lit up plane in the most lit up sky. https://youtu.be/W-08fKnsiZo

Comment

• And for those that like smooth and scale eith your jets https://youtu.be/aF_wzHMCHAY

Comment

• Closed up the club field today for the winter , and got to fly some too !

Comment

• The pics below were yesterday's lineup. Today was the Me-262 and F-14. I recently got a replacement radio for my aging XP9303. I actually got another XP9303, but it was in much better condition than mine, and is the Airplane version versus the Heli version I had before. Had to get a lot of my jets moved over and trimmed out as we have our annual Jet Rally coming up in a few weeks. That A-6 is still the original one I bought back in October 2014 when I first started getting into bigger jets. It's seen a lot of flight time (and its fair share of abuse too). Just did the panel lines with charcoal, and put on a coat of Dullcote to knock down the shine.

(The P-80 is not mine)
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                The pics below were yesterday's lineup. Today was the Me-262 and F-14. I recently got a replacement radio for my aging XP9303. I actually got another XP9303, but it was in much better condition than mine, and is the Airplane version versus the Heli version I had before. Had to get a lot of my jets moved over and trimmed out as we have our annual Jet Rally coming up in a few weeks. That A-6 is still the original one I bought back in October 2014 when I first started getting into bigger jets. It's seen a lot of flight time (and its fair share of abuse too). Just did the panel lines with charcoal, and put on a coat of Dullcote to knock down the shine.

(The P-80 is not mine)
                                Enjoyed flying at your AJ Field last weekend. Was only there on Saturday and could not stay for dinner, but you guys have a great field.

Comment

• Thanks, we really like it. Great place to fly. I wish I had been able to get out there for the 1/8 fly-in, but had other commitments. We do have a Jet Rally in 2 weeks, and a Warbird event two weeks after that. Then the AZ Electric Festival in early Feb.
                                  Pat

Comment

• Got up early this morning and put 10 flights on this bad boy.:Cool:

Comment

• Congrats on the maiden! I have the yellow one and had started working on peeling off the stickers in prep for a repaint to a German scheme. Need to get that finished so I can get her back in the air. Looking to do this:

Pat

Comment

• 3 flights in on my newly acquired BF109F. finally dialed since the maiden a few weeks ago. Such a beauty! Lemon stabilizer helps tame the ground handling a ton.

Was a chilly 35 degrees but im powering through it to take advantage of nice days before the snow hits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                          3 flights in on my newly acquired BF109F. finally dialed since the maiden a few weeks ago. Such a beauty! Lemon stabilizer helps tame the ground handling a ton.

Was a chilly 35 degrees but im powering through it to take advantage of nice days before the snow hits.
                                          She's a beauty!

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X