Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's my friends flight today, my first time recording an RC plane flying. This is the flex innovations 300 extra

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I had some blades depart today also. :Scared:
      Yesterday I was flying the 1400 P-40B with the 1500 P-47 power plant and coming out of a full bore power dive all three blades let loose which also shocked the canopy hatch off too.
      Dead sticked into the tall 15" deep alfalfa with no damage. Chalked it up to the couple ground strikes I had on the prior flight taxi back on the rough section of the runways side perimeter which I surmised damaged the props.
      New set of balanced blades today and one minute into the check out flight and I started my infamous unlimited vertical that Gman just loves and these blades let loose. WTF
      Both sets fractured on the outer mounting screw. :Confused: So starts the deduction process :Thinking: as to what caused the failure.
      I'm guessing that the blades(same on the P-40 , P-47 and F7F} provided with the new higher kV motors that are used on these FMS birds are possibly an improved blend of resins.
      The original blades that came with the 460 motor were replaced at the end of last season due to imbalance issues caused by ground strikes.
      The two sets of blades that I used are about 4 years old and were purchased as spares for the o'l Hellcat (which is now discontinued) and v3 Corsair which both were using the 580kV motor.
      I'm gonna order a "fresh" set of blades but as an insurance hedge I also took advantage of a MAS 40th anniversary 20% off sale and snagged a 14x9x3 as a back up. ;)
      Only drawback to the MAS one piece 3 blade is it will require a mod to the spinner. :(
      Just thought some of ya might find this interesting.:)
      Oh yeah that's pretty crazy! Amazing how in just a few years the difference in product quality!

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post

grats on the Maiden Aros, nice to get a new warbird up on Memorial day weekend.
        Thank you and I agree! A special weekend indeed, and I love how this hobby has such a wonderful symbiotic relationship with the very real love and respect we all have for our military members both veterans and current. There's never a moment that goes by that I am not thinking about the men and women who flew the very models I fly, and in conditions I couldn't even fathom.

My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Roger that Aros! I am about to head out and get a few flights on the Tigercat and I am taking the Bearcat for grins too!!!

Comment

• I got the hellcat, tigercat b26 and p38 again plus the t28 ready to rock!

Comment

• Would u believe I can get these 4 airplanes in the Civic, without taking any of them apart?
              Got a good day of flying, started with the L-4 and dialed in the gyro, then just went ‘round the fleet until the winds took the fun out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Thank you and I agree! A special weekend indeed, and I love how this hobby has such a wonderful symbiotic relationship with the very real love and respect we all have for our military members both veterans and current. There's never a moment that goes by that I am not thinking about the men and women who flew the very models I fly, and in conditions I couldn't even fathom.
                +1000
                rc flyin addict

Comment

• Day 674: I noticed the A-10 Killer was needing some trim then when I land I saw why.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180527_212914335_iOS.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	338.2 KB
ID:	134622
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                    Day 674: I noticed the A-10 Killer was needing some trim then when I land I saw why.

What a coinkiydink...a maiden flight at the club today revealed a serious aileron flutter on an Ultimate Biplane. It was a salvage job of an airframe that was built and never flown, gifted, re-gifted and such. It did get back down in one piece. Control horn pulled through the lower aileron leaving both to flutter in the wind.
                    Glad yours made it down in one piece also.

Comment

Day 674: I noticed the A-10 Killer was needing some trim then when I land I saw why.

What a coinkiydink...a maiden flight at the club today revealed a serious aileron flutter on an Ultimate Biplane. It was a salvage job of an airframe that was built and never flown, gifted, re-gifted and such. It did get back down in one piece. Control horn pulled through the lower aileron leaving both to flutter in the wind.
                      Glad yours made it down in one piece also.

Comment

I think ya need to call Callie and have her make ya a scared cat called "Nine Lives" to slap on the side of that bird. :P
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	9lives.png Views:	1 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	134641
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Had a good day today. Flew the Carbon Z Cessna and what sweet plane after a few clicks of elevator and aileron trim it flew hands off! Took my old standby Pandora and took the Marauder up for some formation flying with a Mustang he flew cover while I was on a bombing run.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I think ya need to call Callie and have her make ya a scared cat called "Nine Lives" to slap on the side of that bird. :P
                            Click image for larger version Name:	9lives.png Views:	1 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	134641

Name:	Hog_Hunter.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	134659
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

glad you got her down without issue, My FMS Hellcat completely launched its aileron off, and I had to fly with a nice hole in the left wing. I luckily did get her down safe too.

Comment

• I got to fly the P38 CZ T28, the B26, the Hellcat, and the Tigercat. All flew great, just a great time, only hot as it hit 100 for the first time this year.

Comment

• got to the field today intending to fly my 33cc Evolution powered P-51 (Hanger-9 discontinued years ago) with the Dynam Spitfire and Dynam Albatross.

The Evolution was acting up. Seems its hit a break-in point needing some carb adjusts. I got that done and started to taxi out when I noticed the rudder wasn't straight. The control horn was broke. :Not-Talking:

I flew the Albatross and Spitfire.

The spitfire is pleasant to fly when there's little to no wind. (like today) but I really want more weight and power for the normal 12 to 18 mph winds around here.

The Albatross Just does not want to fly well. Still trying to find the correct differential aileron % and rudder mix + pushing the CG forward vs what the instructions recommend. I finally got enough aileron throw to do a roll. Its getting better.
                                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Fms p47 3 packs. Great bird crappy foam
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

• Finally getting to post pics from yesterday. Flying by myself, so no video. Had fun, but it was hot!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                        Fms p47 3 packs. Great bird crappy foam
                                        So true!!! Love the plane, but if you look at the foam wrong, it leaves a dent or fingerprints in it!!! LOL :Straight-Face:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

So true!!! Love the plane, but if you look at the foam wrong, it leaves a dent or fingerprints in it!!! LOL :Straight-Face:
                                          I even coated mine in watered down pva....
                                          AMA 1102566

Comment

Working...
                                          X