X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was a simple project for Callie, but her work made the plane. This is a Unique Models Texan II. The new Texans are common for Navy and Air Force enthusiasts, but the Army picked up four new D models in 2015 for use as fixed wing trainers and as chase planes during various helicopter evaluations.

I maidened it yesterday and it flies great, though I worry about how long the LG will last on a grass field. I'd like to see FMS, Flightline or E-Flite do one just a bit larger, say about 1400mm.

Comment

• Another simple solution— got 1/8 scale for a L-4 from Callie.
      Now she almost passes for the L-19.

Comment

• What would I do without Callie!
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I've used Callie's graphics on two projects and both have turned out amazingly well.

B-24

C-47

I couldn't be happier! The quality is top-notch.

Comment

• started as a gray t1 to a t45...I promace to never paint again!!!!!

Comment

• Very nice job guys!!

Comment

• I love popping in here ever so often to see what cool liveries folks are coming up with. Great job fellas!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• F-4 with Callie graphics. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	132915

Comment

• I posted more photos over in the Dynam Waco topic, but these two show the terrific customs Callie did for me. I ordered the Air Hooterville and the custom number from her, and she did fantastic carrying over the design and color scheme of the original numbers to the custom number.

Comment

• I just bought the Motion RC F4 Phantom II and planning to paint in Blue Angel scheme. I saw Todd Breda's post about his F/A 18 and just wanted to know what paint he used for the Blue Angel Blue.... I see that Model Master paint has Blue Angel blue in a spray can. Would that work well and give a good gloss finish? I have some Liquitex that I can mix, but thought it would also need clear and maybe the easy way is spray can... I have a high quality paint gun and system, as I have been painting wood and fiberglass aircraft for 30 years with automotive paint, so I know how to do that, but have never painted a foam airplane like this...

Comment

• Hi Tony, welcome to Hobby Squawk! Here's the paint I used for my Freewing F/A-18. Just make sure your initial coats are very light. Once those coats dry you can lay on more and more for complete coverage. I will be painting my Phantom Blue Angel as well, but not until I get bored with the camo livery which I am enjoying at the moment. Good luck and make sure you show us the results!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ohyeah.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	137739
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Well you are AWESOME!! That will sure make it easy, cheap, and in Navy Blue as well!! THanks so much! I'll find some Gold/School Bus Yellow for the missiles and then Callie Graphics for the rest!

Comment

• No problem! For the yellow accents I use Tractor Yellow...I can go take a look at it to give you the full name and brand of it if you would like.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyF3A View Post
                              Well you are AWESOME!! That will sure make it easy, cheap, and in Navy Blue as well!! Thanks so much! I'll find some Gold/School Bus Yellow for the missiles and then Callie Graphics for the rest!
                              TonyF3A, Welcome! All these guys/girls are great. Ditto on posting pics of your PH Phour. ;) Best, Elbee
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Just finished turning my FMS 70mm F/A-F Super Hornet into a Jolly Roger VFA-103.

Name:	JollyRoger1.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	138005

Name:	JollyRoger2.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	138006

Name:	JollyRoger3.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	138007
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• That's beautiful brother!

Comment

• In progress. Too hot in the afternoon to work on planes,.too cool in the morning to not be out flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      That's beautiful brother!
                                      Thanks man!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Now fortified with tank and ordinance for your viewing pleasure, lol.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros, Like the center line tank a bunch. Custom paintwork? Great lookin' 18, sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X