• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks great, Pat! :Cool:
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• O-2 modeled after an aircraft restored by the Museum of Flight in Seattle.

As usual, Callie's work was incredible. I couldn't have asked for better.

Comment

• I love that yellow. Now that is a bird with a different color. I would actually see this one in the air. Good job.

Comment

• Which Sharks mouth decal set works best with a 1.6 flightline Spitfire? I found that the Grey Nurse will not work and another style Callie sent me I have applied but looks too small. Just throwing this out there because Iothers have found this true as I read on this forum after I discovered I wasted my time and money. I'm suprised Callies does not know this so they can supply the correct fitting decal for this bird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triple D View Post
            Which Sharks mouth decal set works best with a 1.6 flightline Spitfire? I found that the Grey Nurse will not work and another style Callie sent me I have applied but looks too small. Just throwing this out there because Iothers have found this true as I read on this forum after I discovered I wasted my time and money. I'm suprised Callies does not know this so they can supply the correct fitting decal for this bird.
            Contact her and have her size it up to what to need. She's very accommodating.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I have been in contact and have had a few problems getting what I ordered. My whole point to reaching out to the forum is to understand what doesn't work and what does. Apparently no one has given feedback to Callie as to which one fits. I could make a 2 piece template so she could accommodate everyone who wants one for their 1.6 Flightline Spitfire.

Comment

I have been in contact and have had a few problems getting what I ordered. My whole point to reaching out to the forum is to understand what doesn't work and what does. Apparently no one has given feedback to Callie as to which one fits. I could make a 2 piece template so she could accommodate everyone who wants one for their 1.6 Flightline Spitfire.
                I've had nothing but good luck communicating with Callie. From feedback here it seems like everyone else has had the same good luck with her also. I do understand what your saying but don't know what to tell you.

Mike

Comment

I have been in contact and have had a few problems getting what I ordered. My whole point to reaching out to the forum is to understand what doesn't work and what does. Apparently no one has given feedback to Callie as to which one fits. I could make a 2 piece template so she could accommodate everyone who wants one for their 1.6 Flightline Spitfire.
                  DDD, I had a sizing issue with a 'shark mouth' marking for my Phantom and for the second try, I used Photoshop to exact size the marking and fix colors. I emailed that to Callie and she sent me exactly what I had sent her. Point being sometimes interpretation is the culprit. Hope all works out for you, but Callie will work hard to get it right, so don't give up on her. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Which Sharks mouth decal set works best with a 1.6 flightline Spitfire? I found that the Grey Nurse will not work and another style Callie sent me I have applied but looks too small. Just throwing this out there because Iothers have found this true as I read on this forum after I discovered I wasted my time and money. I'm suprised Callies does not know this so they can supply the correct fitting decal for this bird.
                    I used the shark teeth from Grey Nurse, a long with other graphics and it fit f
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I'm curious what the bottom of the sharks mouth looks like. This area needs a custom touch due to the compound radius.

Comment

I'm curious what the bottom of the sharks mouth looks like. This area needs a custom touch due to the compound radius.
                        DDD, I had Callie send me 2 sets in the vinyl and I used those as 'masks/templates' to handle exactly that issue on my F-4. I used the "white" portion to draw the outline, then painted the white which was the largest 'compound curve' area. I then added the 'red' open mouth as a decal' and touched up any open areas with a matching 'red' paint. Same principle on the lower antenna. Hope this helps. Best, LB
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0038.JPG
Views:	639
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	218872Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0040.JPG
Views:	625
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	218874Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0058.JPG
Views:	609
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	218873
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• As usual, Steve has some great pointers above. Installed Callie's teeth on my Sitfire, F-4, olive & silver B-24 (each with different set of teeth) and she even made some custom teeth for a couple of my 90mm F-16 versions. A little touch up paint sometimes is just what the doctor ordered. I also first lined up the key front and back points and marked them so the teeth were symmetrical and fit how I wanted. You can also try the "wet" method outlined in her website for better alignment.

It looks like in your photo that I installed the teeth on my Spitfire a little further forward closer to the base plate of the spinner and it fit fine with virtually no touch up needed.

Love the way the teeth stand out on a low runway flyby. Baby gotta have some teeth!
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	196.6 KB ID:	219077 Waiting on my OV-10 decals. Her set for my A-10 worked great.
                            Mike Click image for larger version  Name:	bronco-AV155506.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	219076

Comment

• Here’s my 91” Phoenix A-26 that I finally got into the air this past weekend. With the help of Callie, I modeled the A-26 that’s on display in the Evergreen Air and Space Museum, in McMinnville, Oregon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	60612F1E-B66A-484E-AE35-894AA4E05EAE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	350.5 KB ID:	220010

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6859.JPG
Views:	602
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	220012
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                Here’s my 91” Phoenix A-26 that I finally got into the air this past weekend. With the help of Callie, I modeled the A-26 that’s on display in the Evergreen Air and Space Museum, in McMinnville, Oregon.
                                OXK, Bravo Zulu, Sir. She is a true beauty. Great work. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Love the A-26.... Great job. They are heavy, but so was the full-scale...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                    Love the A-26.... Great job. They are heavy, but so was the full-scale...
                                    Thanks. She is heavily wing loaded. AUW is 17 lbs. Wing Loading is 41 oz/ft^2, and wing cube loading of 16. So, she's at the far right of the wing-loading and wing cube loading scales. I outfitted her with a pair of 5055 motors with MAS 14x8x3 props, with each motor/prop being driven a 6S-5AH battery. This power train gave her 129 W/lb; so, she took off and flew great. She surprised me a bit on her descent. The landing was a bit hard, and the left pneumatic retract collapsed, almost certainly due to a lack of pneumatic pressure (I've been fighting pneumatic problems since Day 1 with this plane). I think that that retract would've failed on even the smoothest of landings. I'm switching her from pneumatic retracts to electric servoless. Hopefully, I'll have her ready to fly again by early next week. Here's the unedited warts-and-all video of my maiden flight, if you're interested.

---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

• Comment

• To quote the late Steve Irwin, "Crikey, she's a beaut!"

Glad that landing didn't do much to her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                          I used yellow "Frog" tape available here at the home improvement stores. It is available with factory cut with waves for trimming your walls, doors, etc. I saw it and thought, that will make a nice edge for the A-4!! LOL If you can't find it there, let me know and I will ship you a roll or two!! Thanks again for the kind words bro!! Jerry

The only painter’s tape with Paintblock Technology®, FrogTape® is the painter’s tape for every job, whether you’re a home DIY or professional painter.
                                          Will this Frog tape come off without lifting the paint from a foamy?

Comment

Working...
                                          X