X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCalBobS I flew the BV-141B for several years. It did fly surprizingly well. Another club member talked me into selling it to them. I used to love it when kids would ask if I had followed the instruction when I built it.

It too used Callie Graphics on it. Click image for larger version

Name:	BV11.JPG
Views:	536
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	297634Click image for larger version

Name:	BV13.JPG
Views:	516
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	297635Click image for larger version

Name:	BV14.JPG
Views:	496
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	297636Click image for larger version

Name:	BV15.JPG
Views:	493
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	297637

Comment

• I finished up a redo on the 1.5M EFlite P-51D LOU IV/ATHELENE. Callie was extremely helpful in getting me the additional or correct decals or markings I needed to make it look more like the WWII version. I actually made two of them now. The first one I decided to send to the Bottisham Air Base museum near Cambridge England where it will hang in one of the buildings that now comprise the museum on the field where the 361st FG flew from. I've got about 20 flights on it so far, great flyer.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM0701adjusted.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	299822Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM0703adjusted.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	299823Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM0705adjsuted.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	299824Click image for larger version

Name:	81dAQs8XAZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	299825 The second plane will be identical to the first, maybe a bit more detailed, but I'll keep as one of the planes in my stable to fly at our local field (once the snow clears!)

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
        I finished up a redo on the 1.5M EFlite P-51D LOU IV/ATHELENE. Callie was extremely helpful...
        DG, Outstanding. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

DG, Outstanding. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
          Thanks, Elbee. Turns out, several of the museum's docents are RC warbird fliers, too. I met them when I brought a big P-47D over to England in 2004 for a special air show. It will be in good hands. Probably will ship in a month or so. Click image for larger version

Name:	P-47 Hairless Joe on Runway 22 at Boxted.001adjusted.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	299853

Comment

• Here is a non-standard Air Force that Callie helped me with. The Qizilbash led by Shah Ismail I conquered Persia in 1501 and founded the Safavid Dynasty, which lasted until 1736. They had this weird red thing sticking out of their turbans. So my T28 uses the Safavid flag from mid-16th century, and says “Safavid Air Force” in Persian on the side. And the pilot has a Qizilbash-style helmet, sticking right through the canopy. Don’t try too hard to make sense of it…sometimes you just have to let art flow over you and experience it.

Anyway, if you are as old as I am, you might remember the pre-1979 Iranian flag. It had a lion and sun motif in the center that was partly based on this Safavid flag. And the “71” on the wing is because that is my racing number (our club races these things). It is not related to the rest of the livery.

Name:	QBjpgjpg.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	299880Click image for larger version

Name:	T28racerjpg.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	299882Click image for larger version

Name:	T28flying.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	299881

Comment

• Dynam's Albatros with Callie's fine touches! Click image for larger version

Name:	Albatros DV 09.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	300706

Name:	Albatros DV 12.JPG
Views:	488
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	300705
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• I've repainted my EFlite 1.5m FW-190A, to model a JG-54 plane that Walter Nowotny flew. This plane was probably never actually assigned to Nowotny, but there is evidence that he did fly it. I was attracted to this plane because of its non-regulation RLM paint scheme. At this stage of the war, planes were RLM 74, 75, and 76. On this plane, the spine and mottling had some RLM 70 (black green), giving it a very striking livery.

Here're a couple reference photos:

and here's my Grünherz Weiss Fünf.

---
                Warbirder

Comment

• Oxotnik Turned out very nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                    Oxotnik Turned out very nice!
                    Thanks, Tony. It was a fun project and I'm pretty happy with the results.
                    ---
                    Warbirder

Comment

• Recently purchased a V1200. Thought the blue and white paint scheme may be somewhat challenging on a small, fast airplane. Spiced it up with a little help from Callie. Thanks Callie, you’re the best!

Name:	3A67D025-B252-4AB7-A15F-680F3FED7BF0.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	303825

Comment

• EA-6B Geek, Looks fast just sittin'.... Nicely done, Sir. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi from Europe,

just entered HobbySquawk recently to participate on the March Mayhem Custom Aircraft Challenge with my P-38. So hello to everyone!

I worked with Callie Graphics twice - one was a 150 mm FMS F5F Hellcat that I re-worked into a F6F-5N nightfighter. Callie developed the decals for me initially and is now selling them on her shop officially which is a big honor for me. The re-do shows the F6F-5N "White 13" of VF(N)-41 flown by LT William E. Henry on board CVL-22 USS Independence around mid/late 1944.

The second was a re-paint of a Freewing F-14 Tomcat I did for a club mate of mine. He desperately wanted "114" of VF-1 Top Gun "flown" by LT Pete "Maverick" Mitchel 😅 To be honest I would have chosen a different plane if this model was mine as there were so many great looking low visibility schemes out there.
                          But there you go - ordered the decals from Callie and turned it to heavily worn which might not be "historically correct" - at least not with "Goose" on the rear seat. 😎

Thanks to Callie for her work though!!!

Ralph

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	f_007.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	303939

Name:	f_009.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	303940

Name:	f_010.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	303941

Name:	F-14_01.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	303945

Name:	F-14_05.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	303944

Name:	F-14_04.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	303942

Name:	F-14_06.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	303943

Name:	F-14_03.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	303946

Comment

• Ralph Stepper - Gorgeous work! Welcome to Hobby Squawk on congrats on making the final 64. The P-38 is really nice as are both of these.

Comment

• Thank you James!
                                And congrats to your great livestream yesterday. 😉

Really an honor to make it into the final 64 with all the beautiful re-do's - will be an outstanding tournament!
                                And thanks to all of you guys putting so much passion into this, really appreciate it!

Ralph

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Stepper View Post
                                  Hi from Europe...
                                  Ralph those are both excellent. I had to look up Top Gun on the internet to remember what the plane looked like, but you captured it perfectly. I was curious about that radar pod - apparently it is the AN/APS-6, which weighs about 250 pounds. I wonder how that was balanced!

Anyway, according to Wikipedia it transmits 1us pulses at 3cm wavelength. Power was 40-70kW, and beam width 6 degrees. But Wikipedia also says 3.3GHz, and so one of those two (frequency or wavelength) must be wrong, unless the speed of light was different back in WW2, lol. I'm pretty sure the 3.3GHz is wrong, and should be around 10GHz instead. The key advancement of AN/APS-4 and -6 was decreasing wavelength and size versus previous 10cm radars. Also I couldn't find it, but I would guess that 40-70kW is effective power in the peak direction, not total power. 40kW seems way too much for total power. I had an electric car a while ago, and it took 40kW peak when accelerating from a dead stop, more like 10kW on the highway. So no way was a WW2 radar transmitting that much total power. Below is a picture of the AN/APS-4 (similar to -6)

Name:	1024px-APS-4.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	303963

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Stepper View Post
                                    Hi from Europe. Ralph
                                    RS, Beautiful repaint work on your aircraft. Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Sir, glad to have onboard. Good luck in the March Mayhem Contest. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank you so much Elbee, great honor.
                                      Love your work man - your F-4 is outstanding! 😀

All the best in the contest for you as well!

Ralph

Comment

• I’ve recently repainted a FW-190 foamy (into a Walter Nowotny Grünherz) and a Bf-109E ARF (into a Werner Molders JG-53 E-3). I would’ve loved to have entered on of them (the contest was over-run with jets), but neither of mine are Motion products. I’ll have to get a good Motion warbird and start working on it for next year’s contest. I’m not in the same league as you guys though.
                                        ---
                                        Warbirder

Comment

• Oxotnik Don't sell yourself short Chuck. You do great work!

Comment

Working...
                                          X