X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    If this is true and becomes a reality, who needs a J-10?

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...ghter-90mm-edf
    the Eurofighter has two exhausts which never works well with a single EDF engine. Example is the f-18, f-15 , f-22 all a bit underpowered. When you see true twin engine jets with two exhaust nozzles like the f-14 or the. mig-29 they have far better thrust due to the one nozzle per engine doctrine.

A J-10 with its single engine , scoop intake + cheater holes will have a lot more thrust to contend with and have the benefit of canards for slow speed handling , high alpha maneuvers and slower speed landing will make it awesome

k

Comment

• Originally posted by Wkhan View Post

the Eurofighter has two exhausts which never works well with a single EDF engine. Example is the f-18, f-15 , f-22 all a bit underpowered. When you see true twin engine jets with two exhaust nozzles like the f-14 or the. mig-29 they have far better thrust due to the one nozzle per engine doctrine.

A J-10 with its single engine , scoop intake + cheater holes will have a lot more thrust to contend with and have the benefit of canards for slow speed handling , high alpha maneuvers and slower speed landing will make it awesome

k

I had the HSD 105mm J-10, flew great too, it has a dorky look to it on the ground and in the air, but a great flyer, I just think the Eurofighter would out sell it, Eurofighter has a better appearance, my opinion of course, I'm not one minded...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wkhan View Post

k

I hope you get your wish. They'd have to sell about a thousand of them to make it worth while and I don't think they would.
        I've had the V1 Eurofighter and it was great. I would buy another one. I've also had the F-18 in 6s and it was good. I now have it in 8s. I also have the 8s F-22.

PS. This would be a foamie RC EDF jet. You can't go by "true" twin engine jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I had the HSD 105mm J-10, flew great too, it has a dorky look to it on the ground and in the air, but a great flyer, I just think the Eurofighter would out sell it, Eurofighter has a better appearance, my opinion of course, I'm not one minded...
          HSD do make good jets but the smaller one at my field was, like you said, goofy looking and it flew poorly. The fellow was lucky to get it down in only a couple of pieces. He's never brought it out again.

Comment

Agree the HSD version was a facsimile of the J-10 A. we are looking for a copy of the new J-10c with a DSI inlet, thrust vectoring nozzle and the curve in the spline with an F-16 block 60 like cockpit with a massive 3d green HUD. We am in love ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ looks so much better than the griphen

The first test flight of the J-10 came in 1996 with the help of a Russian made AI-31FN turbofan engine.

Comment

• Keep your feedback coming. If you asked for something 100 pages ago and we did not make it, feel free to mention it again.

Comment

• Sr 71 and B-1B 👍

Comment

• Since the thread has opened up beyond just fixed wing, I’ll add in some rotorcraft requests

1. A nice scale outline version of the classic UH-1D/H Huey “Slick”, the icon of the the Vietnam War. The Roban one is “off” in many ways, and I believe a more scale Version 2 with a good scheme would be the highest selling large heli on the site very quickly. I even provided Alpha with documentation on where to make changes a few years back.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	A475D314-6726-4A1B-A541-01CBD84D8E53.png
Views:	266
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	364025
                  2. A Vietnam era AH-1G Cobra. The W model Cobra is done to death in the RC world, as is the F. The classic, smooth nosed AH-1G Cobra is huge missing piece in the lineup, and is just a fantastic looking machine.

Name:	5E8A2A64-5C70-45C0-9FCC-275302A66799.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	364026
                  3. A CH-53. Especially in multiple version. A Vietnam era Super Jolley Green, or even up to the E model Super Stallion. Only done by Vario in single digit numbers. Would unique and probably sell quite well. Opening ramp in the back could work great for deploying RC Jeeps, Sling loading tanks, etc.

Name:	285FA291-5FB4-452B-BC17-52A770BA14A0.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	364027
                  4. The pipe dream, but I’d love to see a collective pitch V-280 Valor with retracts. Bell recently won the competition for a Blackhawk replacement with the V-280 and a proper RC version would be amazing. Twin 500+ size rotors.

Name:	1A762CDE-736B-4239-B496-392082AE69C9.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	364028
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                    Since the thread has opened up beyond just fixed wing, I’ll add in some rotorcraft requests

1. A nice scale outline version of the classic UH-1D/H Huey “Slick”, the icon of the the Vietnam War. The Roban one is “off” in many ways, and I believe a more scale Version 2 with a good scheme would be the highest selling large heli on the site very quickly. I even provided Alpha with documentation on where to make changes a few years back.

Name:	A475D314-6726-4A1B-A541-01CBD84D8E53.png
Views:	266
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	364025
                    2. A Vietnam era AH-1G Cobra. The W model Cobra is done to death in the RC world, as is the F. The classic, smooth nosed AH-1G Cobra is huge missing piece in the lineup, and is just a fantastic looking machine.

Name:	5E8A2A64-5C70-45C0-9FCC-275302A66799.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	364026
                    3. A CH-53. Especially in multiple version. A Vietnam era Super Jolley Green, or even up to the E model Super Stallion. Only done by Vario in single digit numbers. Would unique and probably sell quite well. Opening ramp in the back could work great for deploying RC Jeeps, Sling loading tanks, etc.

Name:	285FA291-5FB4-452B-BC17-52A770BA14A0.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	364027
                    4. The pipe dream, but I’d love to see a collective pitch V-280 Valor with retracts. Bell recently won the competition for a Blackhawk replacement with the V-280 and a proper RC version would be amazing. Twin 500+ size rotors.

Name:	1A762CDE-736B-4239-B496-392082AE69C9.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	364028
                    Your dreaming Delta, lol, I don't think we will be seeing anything new from Roban soon, even though not very good on scale details, they just look the part, I would just love to see all the parts fully stocked, we can dream though,

Comment

Your dreaming Delta, lol, I don't think we will be seeing anything new from Roban soon, even though not very good on scale details, they just look the part, I would just love to see all the parts fully stocked, we can dream though,
                      In many ways I think a or retooled model is more realistic than seeing fully stocked parts, haha. Over the last few years Roban has introduced several new models (EC130, BO-105 and 600 Superscale series (unfortunately not stocked by Motion)), but they have never been able to keep up with demand for parts and keep things in stock. Its quite a shame, as I love their models.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        Keep your feedback coming. If you asked for something 100 pages ago and we did not make it, feel free to mention it again.
                        I know everyone talks about all the scale stuff and off the wall wants... but how about a 90mm Vulcan Sport Jet? 8s option just like some other 90mms. Such a sleek airframe, it could be a really fast 90mm!

On the scale side:

1.6m P40 or P47

I am still holding out for an updated F14. That plane was nuts for when it came out 7 years ago, but it needs updates now. It needs an updated power system for sure! The Mig's power system would do wonders for it! Add in better support that most grass fliers are having to do, and let's get that gear covered up. Iconic plane... but it is due for a true V2!

I'd also love to see a T38 done in 70, 80, or 90mm. Not even picky on that one, just do it!

And if you really want to do something big and cool, I'll take a F18 Super Hornet or SU57 in twin 80mm!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          Keep your feedback coming. If you asked for something 100 pages ago and we did not make it, feel free to mention it again.
                          Way overdue for Motion to release proper sized Flightline release of Iconic Warbirds. That 6s Spitfire needs its nemisis 109.

Comment

• I agree! Plus a similar sized, properly done P-51D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              I agree! Plus a similar sized, properly done P-51D.
                              I don't think we'll see that while they are still selling the one under the Freewing name.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I don't think we'll see that while they are still selling the one under the Freewing name.
                                Then let's ask for a "B" Variant Mustang with the Malcolm Hood. It is Christmas after all where hope springs eternal. Best, LB

Name:	P51BUSAAF.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	364100
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Still looking for a Flightline DH Mosquito in the 1.6m class with scale gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Then let's ask for a "B" Variant Mustang with the Malcolm Hood. It is Christmas after all where hope springs eternal. Best, LB

Name:	P51BUSAAF.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	364100
                                    You ain't lying Elbee. GIVE US A DAMN P-51 B VARIANT, DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEEZ, HOW HARD IS IT TO FIGURE OUT THAT IT WILL SELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1.6 MM, PLEASE FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

In many ways I think a or retooled model is more realistic than seeing fully stocked parts, haha. Over the last few years Roban has introduced several new models (EC130, BO-105 and 600 Superscale series (unfortunately not stocked by Motion)), but they have never been able to keep up with demand for parts and keep things in stock. Its quite a shame, as I love their models.
                                      We have the EC-130 and BO-105. Some sold our already but we still have some. Roban production is slow for sure but I can see why. They are all hand made, hand laid fiberglass. Those models need to be remade frequently and each heli stays in the mold for a while. I'm hoping they can fill parts orders quicker. We've talked to them about it and I hope the parts can arrive more quickly. If they have something you want, send me a PM and let me know. I'm happy to order it. I can't promise when it will arrive but I can certainly order it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post

You ain't lying Elbee. GIVE US A DAMN P-51 B VARIANT, DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEEZ, HOW HARD IS IT TO FIGURE OUT THAT IT WILL SELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1.6 MM, PLEASE FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                        LOL!!! You guys crack me up! I'd love to comment on everything you guys are talking about but I feel like I'd give too much away. I'll keep lurking though. Some great ideas for sure.

Comment

• I’ll play
                                          zero
                                          SR-71
                                          F-117
                                          B-1
                                          Vulcan
                                          B-25

TBH though, I have no room for anything any more.

Gravy

Comment

Working...
                                          X