Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh, haven't been here in awhile. Thought this was supposed to be about new possible airplanes?

Comment

• Agreed, but I'm also a culprit in the divergence from the topic, my apologies.

This thread is probably more of a wish list, but the Cougar did get some discussion here so maybe there is a measure of input and desire that gets factored in. If that is the case, it sure would be awesome see a 6s version of this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	USN_E-2C_Scewtops.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	377909
      No hangar deck can be complete without one! I'd pre-order two, seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
        Yes xviper speaks his mind but he does it in a non-disrespectful manner (but not afraid to call someone out who is acting like a knucklehead, lol) and I find him to be one of our top posters in the community. As for The Bone, I too really wish Freewing had come out with it but at least X-Fly seems to be decent quality from what I've seen so far. I'm still holding out hope for a Freewing Concorde, SR-71, F-117 and update their 90mm class(ics) like the F-14, F-15, F-16.
        You and me are in total agreement there!

Imagine the F-14 with the new 80's from the F9F, and some minor airframe reinforcements like those plates RCInformer was selling. Added space for 6S 5000's would be nice too

F-15 could be upgraded to a twin 80, I wonder if the F-16 could be lightened up in any way (or a PNP with 8S out of the box?)

Personally I'd love to see the MiG-21 re-released as a V2 in a Red Star scheme as it was one of the best 'sport' scale jet in MRC's inventory. Aros, any insights into the V2 Avanti? I'm looking forward to that coming out, and I would love a VT add-on for it to assist with the 3D maneuvers. It'd be cool if a 90mm AreS with VT could come out to replace the Stinger 90 too... :)

Might as well include some MiG-21 hype here in hopes to appeal for a V2 of it

Comment

• XB-70 Valkyrie Bomber maybe with 6 40mm or two 70mm.
          F4D Skyray - I lost mine in a crash three weeks ago that was the old FMS 64mm plane.
          YF-23 BlackWidow twin 70's
          HO-229 YES I said it..
          Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Single engine warbird,,, its been a while... if not a zero( which makes my corsair very displeased) ill jump on a btop p47,, of the fline quality... 1600 of course.. so many possible schemes

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawker-Hunter.jpg
Views:	1419
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	389245

Comment

• Hah, I am a broken record, .

P-51B with the Malcolm Hood-1600mm

AM6 Zero Fighter-1600mm

B-17 Flying Fortress-2000mm

Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I know it’s unlikely, but I’d really like to see some new heli fuselages, designed for modern mechanics.

The Roban helis are great, but most of their sub-700 scale fuselages are 15+ years old. They were designed around the Trex 600ESP, 500ESP, and Trex 450SE, all of which are long since discontinued with parts that are difficult to obtain. Many of these also suffer from distorted proportions (see the 500 and 600 Airwolf fuselages) and other scale problems. Some can be fixed with some dremel and paint work, but not all. There is also a very limited selection of these available. I think there would definitely be a market for some new scale fuselages with good scale outlines, paint, and detail work that is outside of usual range.

For example, it still baffles me that they don't have a 500-600 size Vietnam War era Huey! They've got a disproportioned UH-1N twin Huey, but not the iconic UH-1D/H "Slick" or UH-1B/C Gunship that usually come to mind when someone says Huey. A Vietnam era AH-1G Cobra would be a slick option as well..​

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                    Hah, I am a broken record, .

P-51B with the Malcolm Hood-1600mm
                    AM6 Zero Fighter-1600mm
                    B-17 Flying Fortress-2000mm
                    Best, LB
                    I concur, with possibly also a 1600mm BF 109 or FW 190
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I concur, with possibly also a 1600mm BF 109 or FW 190
                      Aaah yes, I had forgotten the Axis Fighters, I vote "Aye" on a 1600mm BF-109 and the 1600mm Fw-190. You know a 1600mm TA-152 would take my dollars, too. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Make that a nice scale Dora and I'm in!!! Oh, and I still would love to see an A-7 or an A-5!
                        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                          I know it’s unlikely, but I’d really like to see some new heli fuselages, designed for modern mechanics.

The Roban helis are great, but most of their sub-700 scale fuselages are 15+ years old. They were designed around the Trex 600ESP, 500ESP, and Trex 450SE, all of which are long since discontinued with parts that are difficult to obtain. Many of these also suffer from distorted proportions (see the 500 and 600 Airwolf fuselages) and other scale problems. Some can be fixed with some dremel and paint work, but not all. There is also a very limited selection of these available. I think there would definitely be a market for some new scale fuselages with good scale outlines, paint, and detail work that is outside of usual range.

For example, it still baffles me that they don't have a 500-600 size Vietnam War era Huey! They've got a disproportioned UH-1N twin Huey, but not the iconic UH-1D/H "Slick" or UH-1B/C Gunship that usually come to mind when someone says Huey. A Vietnam era AH-1G Cobra would be a slick option as well..​
                          Definitely concur Delta!!! Nice G model Cobra would be nice... or F/S model... Wouldn't mind doing a nice JDF AH-1S! Little attention/upgrade to the mechanics as well.
                          The 800 Puma is a nice big heli... an 800-1000 size Hind D!!!

Planes... I have always said a nice modern FL/FW BF-109G... throw the safe select receiver/gyro in there... fun for the whole family lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Definitely concur Delta!!! Nice G model Cobra would be nice... or F/S model... Wouldn't mind doing a nice JDF AH-1S! Little attention/upgrade to the mechanics as well.
                            The 800 Puma is a nice big heli... an 800-1000 size Hind D!!!
                            A hind would definitely be cool to see. PKM might do a 500 size version soon, but a bigger version would really be something. I’ll add an 800 size MH-53 Pave Low or CH-53E to that list, an HH-3 Jolley Green, as well as a nice midsize (600ish) AH-1Z Viper.

As for fixed wing, a 2400mm B-29 and 80-90mm F-106 remain at the top of my list. I’d also love to see more of the early jets. A straight wind F9F panther, or F3D Skyknight. And just for good measure, some seaplanes with retracts, especially a nice PBY Catalina or Grumman Goose.

Comment

• Big Grumman Goose with retracts would be nice. Would be awesome.

Comment

• I think a TA 152 would have to be a 2000mm perhaps to be closer to that 1600mm class size. Put me on the list! The current one is definitely one of my favorites to fly.

Bf 109 in 1600. Take my money too! Same with a Zero!

I love Grumman planes. My broken record choice and desire is to round out the hanger deck:

Click image for larger version

Name:	634193.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	389683

Comment

• I am hoping that another big twin 80 mm will come out. The A-10 is such an awesome size. I would like to see the F-22 in an 80 mm twin. Probably won't happen, but I would buy it in a hot second.

Comment

• Just my opinion... and I said this waaay back before the Freewing 90mm F-4 came out. I really want to see a twin 80mm F-4D. The size would be great and the twin 80s would sound great. That big delta would be no problem and I think the performance would rock. Please don't tell me it won't fit in your car, 'cause it'll fit in my minivan!
                                    Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• I'd like a 1600 mm SBD Dauntless or keep waiting on a 1600 Zero. My Corsair needs a companion .

Comment

• If I can't have a Hawker Hunter or Avro Vulcan, I'd settle for a new Sukhoi 35, XB-70, Concorde or a Skyray.

Comment

• Lota people waitin on a zero( my corsair for one) but if you watch the regular show ,,, james said they wont make one.... mmm. Long memory i think... so for a single prop fighter.. a p47 not in the fms livery.. yuk or p51 lota nice liveries to choose with either of those.. i do like a hellcat,, but not sure if it would sell enuf.. gota make financial sencehf18:
                                          L

Comment

Working...
                                          X