Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next from Motion RC?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    tab28682

What size is your Be-200?!?! Looks like HET or Wemo sized fans? Please do create a separate thread here on Hobby Squawk to show us your scratch built creations, I know I'd enjoy seeing your process and results. That picture of yours made my day.

I too like the obscure and as-yet un-massproduced models, and I tend to agree that it's a good thing certain models remain within the realm of kit builders or scratch builders only. If I was immortal I'd slowly build up a hangar including XP-67, YB-35, X-36, Ar.E 555, Dragon Rapide, Kyushu J7W, Bugatti 100P, XP-54, BV 141, Pond Racer, Gotha, Tu-95, G500, He-162, Be-200, King Air 90, Su-20, Me-210, N1K1, Beechcraft Starship, Hustler, Harrier, Tornado, Vulcan, Mriya, Martin Mars, Partridge, Pear Tree.
    I will start posting my oddball projects as they come to pass, after I retire in August 2020. I have to admit that I have started and not yet finished five of the models on Alpha's list....:)

Well, I have to confess that the Be-200 is smaller than it appears. I was going for a bit of "fool the eye" to make it look bigger that it actually is with internal linkages and a clean build to help hide the actual size. Pictures have fooled a number of folks. It is about 39" in span, weighs about 18 oz. Twin GWS EDF-40s with 12mm Feigao inrunners on 3S 1300-1600 lipos. All balsa and a little ply, finished in Monokote and Aerokote. No foam structure, no plastic, no fiberglass, nearly no CAD, no laser cutting. Old school modeling, mostly from butcher paper plans...:)

Finished and flew it in 2010 at the SMALL Steps event in Little Rock. Here is a link to a video of the maiden flight. Launching it is none other than Keith Sparks (Sparky) of Parkflyer Plastics fame. A great flying little model and a very satisfying project. I still have it and fly it several times per year. It will barely ROW if the conditions are right, but not 100% of the time.

Have always though about a scaled up 72-80" version on 70mm fans, but have never found time to do it.

A link to the maiden on Youtube, with many comments from the peanut gallery:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Now, back to whats next from Motion RC!

I think Motion needs to just go for the Vulcan...:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

That would definitely be cool.

Now, if the two pilots could manage to retrieve the Goblin in flight...
      But the Goblin would definitely have to be FPV. The one thing though about the Goblin project is that they never actually used a B-36 for testing, just a smaller B-29. It MIGHT have worked, given the Peacemakers larger size and the fact that it used pushers in stead of regular engines.With the B-29 it was probably like trying to land an F-14 on a helo carrier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        tab28682

What size is your Be-200?!?! Looks like HET or Wemo sized fans? Please do create a separate thread here on Hobby Squawk to show us your scratch built creations, I know I'd enjoy seeing your process and results. That picture of yours made my day.

I too like the obscure and as-yet un-massproduced models, and I tend to agree that it's a good thing certain models remain within the realm of kit builders or scratch builders only. If I was immortal I'd slowly build up a hangar including XP-67, YB-35, X-36, Ar.E 555, Dragon Rapide, Kyushu J7W, Bugatti 100P, XP-54, BV 141, Pond Racer, Gotha, Tu-95, G500, He-162, Be-200, King Air 90, Su-20, Me-210, N1K1, Beechcraft Starship, Hustler, Harrier, Tornado, Vulcan, Mriya, Martin Mars, Partridge, Pear Tree.
        You don't need immortality, just this:

​​​​​​​

Comment

• B-25 would be nice to see alpha!

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post

I will start posting my oddball projects as they come to pass, after I retire in August 2020. I have to admit that I have started and not yet finished five of the models on Alpha's list....:)

Well, I have to confess that the Be-200 is smaller than it appears. I was going for a bit of "fool the eye" to make it look bigger that it actually is with internal linkages and a clean build to help hide the actual size. Pictures have fooled a number of folks. It is about 39" in span, weighs about 18 oz. Twin GWS EDF-40s with 12mm Feigao inrunners on 3S 1300-1600 lipos. All balsa and a little ply, finished in Monokote and Aerokote. No foam structure, no plastic, no fiberglass, nearly no CAD, no laser cutting. Old school modeling, mostly from butcher paper plans...:)

Finished and flew it in 2010 at the SMALL Steps event in Little Rock. Here is a link to a video of the maiden flight. Launching it is none other than Keith Sparks (Sparky) of Parkflyer Plastics fame. A great flying little model and a very satisfying project. I still have it and fly it several times per year. It will barely ROW if the conditions are right, but not 100% of the time.

Have always though about a scaled up 72-80" version on 70mm fans, but have never found time to do it.

A link to the maiden on Youtube, with many comments from the peanut gallery:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Now, back to whats next from Motion RC!

I think Motion needs to just go for the Vulcan...:)
            Very nicely done! W

Comment

• If Freewing made a Hawker Hunter with a 90mm or even an 80mm they would be lined up, nobody can make one like Freewing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scaleman3 View Post
                If Freewing made a Hawker Hunter with a 90mm or even an 80mm they would be lined up, nobody can make one like Freewing.
                I'd agree, except I'd prefer it to be 70 or even 64 MM.

Comment

• 70 would be ok but with an air frame of 5 ft and close to 4 ft wing weighing 3 + lbs I would think an 80 or 90 would be the one people are looking for. Based on that size I see most Freewings at that power. Hawker Hunter is a long plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scaleman3 View Post
                    70 would be ok but with an air frame of 5 ft and close to 4 ft wing weighing 3 + lbs I would think an 80 or 90 would be the one people are looking for. Based on that size I see most Freewings at that power. Hawker Hunter is a long plane.
                    Here's the specs on the RC Lander 70 mm version, which I'm sure Freewing could make better:
                    • Wingspan: 1050mm / 41.3"
                    • Length: 1000mm / 39.3"
                    • Weight: 1000g/38.8oz to 1500g/52.9oz

Comment

• this would make for 1 sweet edf, the layout looks like it would work well Click image for larger version

Name:	sddefault.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	224466
                      I think a spruce goose would also be a seaplane like no other
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	OIP.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	224467
                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Howard Hughes flew it first, that's one cool "transmitter " !!! Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ohb662Rykr1shnho4o1_500.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	224474
                        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                          Howard Hughes flew it first, that's one cool "transmitter " !!! Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ohb662Rykr1shnho4o1_500.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	224474
                          Is that his launch crew in the background, or is he towing some water ski bunnies?

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Is that his launch crew in the background, or is he towing some water ski bunnies?

Trick question. The correct answer is "BOTH"
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hey Pilots! We hope you all had a very Happy Holiday because we know you will have a very Happy New Year! #Freewing #2020

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191226_093841.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	224802

Comment

• Does that mean we have to wait until 2020 for the next announcement/release video ? Just go "live" today on YT to announce it, just to give us something to talk about heading into the new year, ha-ha.

Is it a 70 or 80mm Panther or Cougar?

Comment

• and here I was with the mouse hovering over the Checkout button for the new 90mm F/A-18C... guess I'll be holding short until I figure out what's in THAT box!

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post
                                    and here I was with the mouse hovering over the Checkout button for the new 90mm F/A-18C... guess I'll be holding short until I figure out what's in THAT box!
                                    hahaha. Its the new Freewing box. It transforms into a plane. People will LOVE it.

Comment

• the only thing missing from the tease is the stripper music
                                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• It looks like a medium sized box, and if it's a jet, maybe a 70 or 80mm jet by the size. It's too large of a box for 64mm jet, yet appears too small for a 90mm or larger (I know the don't offer larger than 90mm jets.......yet).

James, weren't you taught that it's rude to keep secrets from all your friends .

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                          It looks like a medium sized box, and if it's a jet, maybe a 70 or 80mm jet by the size. It's too large of a box for 64mm jet, yet appears too small for a 90mm or larger (I know the don't offer larger than 90mm jets.......yet).

James, weren't you taught that it's rude to keep secrets from all your friends .
                                          They are due for a 64mm release, so I am glad that box looks to be too big for a 64. I have tried a few times, but just can't get back interested in the 64mm edfs anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                          X