X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

They are due for a 64mm release, so I am glad that box looks to be too big for a 64. I have tried a few times, but just can't get back interested in the 64mm edfs anymore.
    Me too, man. Ha-ha. I like retractable gear too much to go for a hand toss jet. If I hand toss an aircraft, it's going to be a prop plane where I know I can achieve better speeds more easily and cheaper than a jet ever could, and I won't care about retracts on a prop plane. For that matter, I wouldn't be all the excited for a 70mm either. The 80mm or larger jets capture my interest most since they tend to be a bit more feature rich, tend to look more realistic, are easier to see, and use a wider range of batteries I already have. I see that there is a market for smaller jets, and I used to own many, but it just isn't something I want at the moment and don't see myself changing my mind in the near future.

Comment

• They are DUE for a Warbird release! Come on Motion, enough jets already, we haven't had a new large Warbird since the Corsair. WTF!

Comment

• Agree. How about a Sopwith Camel.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
          Agree. How about a Sopwith Camel.....
          I love WWI planes and still have and fly a few. That being said, foam WWI planes just don't do it for me, they need to be balsa and doped fabric to look right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
            Agree. How about a Sopwith Camel.....
            With an optional Snoopy pilot head and Folker Triplane to go with it would be good.

Comment

• Hey Alpha, here's something you may have to add to your "computations":

Good thing MRC is diversifying.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Me too, man. Ha-ha. I like retractable gear too much to go for a hand toss jet. If I hand toss an aircraft, it's going to be a prop plane where I know I can achieve better speeds more easily and cheaper than a jet ever could, and I won't care about retracts on a prop plane. For that matter, I wouldn't be all the excited for a 70mm either. The 80mm or larger jets capture my interest most since they tend to be a bit more feature rich, tend to look more realistic, are easier to see, and use a wider range of batteries I already have. I see that there is a market for smaller jets, and I used to own many, but it just isn't something I want at the moment and don't see myself changing my mind in the near future.
                Yep, I have ONE 64mm jet. It's the FW Stinger and I just keep it since it got me into EDFs and I'm kind of emotionally attached to it!

I, however, do love 6s 70s! I have six of them and would be still be interested in another. 80/90s are obviously wins for all the normal reasons.

Comment

Yep, I have ONE 64mm jet. It's the FW Stinger and I just keep it since it got me into EDFs and I'm kind of emotionally attached to it!

I, however, do love 6s 70s! I have six of them and would be still be interested in another. 80/90s are obviously wins for all the normal reasons.
                  I don't know Jameson. I LOVE my custom Lippisch. It's the perfect have fun while I warm my thumbs up flyer. Or when I am waiting on a bigger pack to charge at the field, I can toss this and whip around for 10 minutes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191227_092458.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	224913

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

I don't know Jameson. I LOVE my custom Lippisch. It's the perfect have fun while I warm my thumbs up flyer. Or when I am waiting on a bigger pack to charge at the field, I can toss this and whip around for 10 minutes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191227_092458.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	224913
                    I need to try out a Lippy I guess. I keep hearing about how fun they are. And... people say they get along pretty well when upgraded to 4s.

I haven't flown my Stinger 64 in over 6 months probably so when I think about getting a new 64... I can't help but think about putting that money towards a new 70/80/90 instead!

Comment

The 70's can definitely be fun! The last few I had a year or two ago I lost interest in, but I wouldn't count 70's out again for me. The 50 and 64mm EDF's though, I'm done with and would rather have a similar sized hand launched prop plane.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191227_092458.jpg Views:	14 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	224913
                        James, how about this......just spill the beans on whether it is or is not an EDF jet. In response, type the #1 for Yes it is an EDF jet, and type #2 for No it is not an EDF jet. LOL

Comment

• T-CAT - The Freewing box should be a dead give away. Freewing = EDF Jets, FlightLine = Prop Driven

Comment

T-CAT - The Freewing box should be a dead give away. Freewing = EDF Jets, FlightLine = Prop Driven

LOL, that's true, but maybe Motion got into Turbine ready jets and not EDF. I'm optimistic.

Comment

• 'Tis not a turbine this time, T-Cat ol' friend. Although I'm certain someone will make it so...

And prop planes are never too far away, either, friends. Since the Corsair we brought in over a dozen Balsa birds, plus four prop jobs to help fill in some categories where we were lacking, plus built out our Helo category and Accessories category, plus a growing Surface category. But more warbirds are never too far away. It just takes time to roll through the cycle. "Something for everyone".
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• You all are doing great in broadening the product line, even in just one year is mind boggling. I can only imagine the 2020 timeline.

Comment

• F9F...has to be. 70mm

Comment

• Originally posted by Dacostasr View Post
                                    F9F...has to be. 70mm
                                    Nope, my money's on an 80 mm F-100.

Comment

• Since Alpha mentioned that he wouldn’t be surprised if some converts the EDF into a turbine, more likely an 80 or 90mm than 70. But I’m probably reading too much into this - and I’ve been reading too much into this since the pic of the box. Been second guessing myself that it could be a broad 2020 tease in general, and not for an unveiling on or very near NYD (hoping it’s the latter!!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Nope, my money's on an 80 mm F-100.

I’d love a Hun!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	CL-415.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	225152

How about a CL-415 that's capable of drenching everyone in cold beer!....

Comment

Working...
                                          X