Name:	Beechcraft D17S Staggerwing (1).jpg
Views:	731
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	281983Click image for larger version

Name:	Beechcraft D17S Staggerwing (22).JPG
Views:	743
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	281984
    Can we see a 1200mm Beechcraft Staggerwing? There are few biplanes, but this baby is a fast aerobatic flyer. Flies great and has flaps and landing gear for a biplane....Cool...

Comment

• Any objections if the next FL twin is a Bristol Beaufighter? The most underrated allied machine of WW2 deserves some love.Click image for larger version

Name:	Beau.PNG
Views:	643
Size:	430.5 KB
ID:	281986

Comment

• Originally posted by Shrop View Post
        Any objections if the next FL twin is a Bristol Beaufighter? The most underrated allied machine of WW2 deserves some love.Click image for larger version

It looks like a "drunken encounter" between a B-26 and a DeHavilland Mosquito.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Beechcraft D17S Staggerwing.JPG
Views:	773
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	281981Click image for larger version

Name:	Beechcraft D17S Staggerwing (8).jpg
Views:	718
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	281982

Name:	Beechcraft D17S Staggerwing (1).jpg
Views:	731
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	281983Click image for larger version

Name:	Beechcraft D17S Staggerwing (22).JPG
Views:	743
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	281984
          Can we see a 1200mm Beechcraft Staggerwing? There are few biplanes, but this baby is a fast aerobatic flyer. Flies great and has flaps and landing gear for a biplane....Cool...
          Funny that you posted that because I just assembled my Roc Hobby Staggerwing, discontinued a long time now. Would love to see a bigger version of this classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Yes and no. You see, I was browsing a Chinese web site and one of the "stores" on there was the company that supplied Tower with the Millennium Master. And this has happened to OTHER web-based hobby shops that Horizon has acquired. There was one, though I can't remember the name, that specialized in EDFs. Horizon acquired it, sold their brand for a while, and once the stock was exhausted, it disappeared. And these and the Tower brand planes I'm talking about were PNP/ARF, not kits where it's just the airframe.
            The lack of kits out there is your answer. The "I want it now crowd" is what they are catering to. For every one kit inquiry I get at the shop I sell 500 foam arf's. Horizon sells balsa and ply arf's they just dumped the Tower line ( the G.P. Avistar was a good one). I wonder sometimes what Horizon is thinking but it's their business to run as they see fit. Now we have Motion talking care of us.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Any objections if the next FL twin is a Bristol Beaufighter? The most underrated allied machine of WW2 deserves some love.Click image for larger version

There are few planes that look as pugnacious as the Bristol Beaufighter! AKA "Two engines followed by an aeroplane" and/or "The Whispering Death".

I'd love one of these. Balsa preferred. Guess I have a "thing" for planes that ooze character!

Comment

• As much as I would like a Mosquito, Beaufighter, Hornet, Me-210/410, Fw187, I don't think we will see them any time soon. Short nose, taildragger twins require excess weight to balance. On the other hand, tricycle landing gear twins have a lot more "airplane" ahead of the CG minimizing "dead" weight . I think this is the main reason we have a P-38, F7F and OV-10. I don't think MRC wants to tackle another short nose twin because of how much dead weight needs to be added to balance therefore effecting performance. Those of us with the FLRC P-38, which has nose gear, know how heavy it is and even with the largest 4s battery battery that will fit still needs to be almost all the way forward. I can only guess MRC's first attempt at a Mosquito didn't sell all that well since they dropped it which is rare for this company. I suspect it didn't sell well mainly because us scale geeks didn't like the lines. I can only guess this was to get more "airplane" ahead of the CG point. Although this was one of MRC's very first models I think it left a bad taste in their mouth and they don't seem to want to revisit such an iconic and desirable airframe. Conversely the much smaller Parkzone Mosquito sold really well and was a fantastic flyer. I just about wore one out but gave it some rebuild love and regrettably sold it thinking Motion was going to put some "super scale" love on a new Mosquito.
                These are just my thoughts and opinions with no actual knowledge of sales or reasons for their Mosquito's demise.
                But here's keeping the faith as Motion tends to surprise us all the time.... I do honestly think a great looking Mosquito would sell very well not only in the USA/Canada but overseas as well.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DeHavilland Chipmunk Credit - Frank Mormillo.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	282331
                  Hey Alpha! Why don't you take a load off and have a laugh considering the DeHavilland Chipmunk as a contender for a new Flightline model. Such a beast! ...lol....

Comment

None what so ever, a BB or a DH98 please Alpha

Comment

• I’ll take one of each please

Comment

• we need another mossy. say 1700mm atleast! and dont knock the da chipmunk.... i wish blackhorse still made the 88 inch wingspan version!!!

Comment

• I still lobby for the Grumman F9F-Panther / Cougar . Why ? Checks off a lot of boxes. 1). Navy and Marines fans 2.) Blue Angels fans. We already have the Bearcat, F4, A4 and F-18C. What's missing are the Hellcat and Panther to complete a Blue Angels collection. Make it in a 80mm in the same scale as the A4, T-33, L-39. I think you would have a winner. Just saying...

Name:	F9F.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	287802
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                            I still lobby for the Grumman F9F-Panther / Cougar . Why ? Checks off a lot of boxes. 1). Navy and Marines fans 2.) Blue Angels fans. We already have the Bearcat, F4, A4 and F-18C. What's missing are the Hellcat and Panther to complete a Blue Angels collection. Make it in a 80mm in the same scale as the A4, T-33, L-39. I think you would have a winner. Just saying...

Name:	F9F.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	287802
                            Yep, I’m waiting on a Cougar jet too. I had a RCLander years ago, and we have some turbine Cougars at the local flying field and they always look awesome (to me at least).

Comment

• I had the 70mm Rc Lander Cougar too. Flew very well. Regret giving it away.
                              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Yes, bring out either the 90mm F9F Panther or Cougar. Both fit the 90mm configuration easily and would be a great addition. Maybe the Navy scheme for the Panther and Cougar.

Comment

• Here's one you don't see everyday. A 1950's French Trainer Fouga 170 Cool V-tail. Now Alpha would have fun with this. Click image for larger version

Name:	450px-Belgium_Fouga_Magister.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	288065

Comment

• I think a Magister just wouldn't look right being that the intakes and exhausts are so small. The same with trying to do a decent looking CF-100, F-89 or T2B.

Comment

• My corsair is so lonely he is on antidepresants he just wants a zero to play against. Want to keep his airframe in good health. ..... Like us all

Comment

• We need something different... Corsairs, p51's, zero's, we see these all the time. It's be nice to see an "uncommon" airframe. Maybe a Heinkel He 100 or He 178.

Comment

• We do see them alot,,. But this foam format at this size. Is for the common man. And must sell in volume!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X