Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also am running Jetfan 90mm 8s setup from from Gary at Efflux RC.

Using 2 4s 5000 60c admirals
    2 venom 5000 50c
    0r various 6s 5000 45-60c with admiral 2s 5000 50c batts

I set my timer to 3 minutes,drop gear at 3 do a gear pass and land,after taxi back almost always am at 25-30% left and batteries barely warm.
    When flying any of my 6s EDF the batteries always come down hot,I think(uniformed as I am)that battery longevity will be the most benefit of running 8S.

Also I can take off less than half throttle and have pushed flight time to 4:45 with a couple of go arounds and still end up with 18-20% in batts.
    I really doubt a 6s setup would have given me the confidence to stretch the flight time like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
      I also am running Jetfan 90mm 8s setup from from Gary at Efflux RC.

Using 2 4s 5000 60c admirals
      2 venom 5000 50c
      0r various 6s 5000 45-60c with admiral 2s 5000 50c batts

I set my timer to 3 minutes,drop gear at 3 do a gear pass and land,after taxi back almost always am at 25-30% left and batteries barely warm.
      When flying any of my 6s EDF the batteries always come down hot,I think(uniformed as I am)that battery longevity will be the most benefit of running 8S.

Also I can take off less than half throttle and have pushed flight time to 4:45 with a couple of go arounds and still end up with 18-20% in batts.
      I really doubt a 6s setup would have given me the confidence to stretch the flight time like that.
      I need to call him and see what he would recommend.

Comment

• For you guys using latex house paint from Home Depot or Lowes what are you thinning it with and how much to airbrush it?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Westcoloflyer View Post
          For you guys using latex house paint from Home Depot or Lowes what are you thinning it with and how much to airbrush it?

Thanks
          Westcoloflyer, welcome to posting on the 'Squawk'. I used the HD Behr Marquee (3 separate colors) exterior latex in semi-gloss on my FW A-10. I thinned the paint with distilled water to a thick milk consistency and the ratio seemed different with each color, go figure. I know this seems vague but that is my best description. The thinned paint has less pigment obviously so I also hand painted the thinned paint with a foam brush and either way it took a minimum of two coats to get decent coverage. In my case using a Paasche dbl action airbrush my coverage was sloooow and I had to back flush the airbrush many times as the paint would dry quickly at the tip. Don't know what gun you are going to use, but water is the go-to for me regardless though I will use a different paint gun for the large areas on my FW F-4. Hope this helps. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Westcoloflyer View Post
            For you guys using latex house paint from Home Depot or Lowes what are you thinning it with and how much to airbrush it?

Thanks
            I used Latex to paint a Ziroli Corsair and I used the old blue automotive windshield washer fluid to thin the paint. Also added Flotrol to help smooth the paint. Turned out great. As for the right amount of thinning... that will depend on the color and also the gun that you use to spray it with. I just tested small amounts first. And no, the blue washer fluid does not change the color of the paint. :Cool:

Comment

• Here is a great article for information on painting with latex. It is under the "How To" tab.

Comment

• Originally posted by lomcevac View Post
                Here is a great article for information on painting with latex. It is under the "How To" tab.
                Good articles!!!! Thanks so much. :Cool:

Comment

• Hi Guys. I finally had a chance to take a few photos. - TG
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 photo 1.JPG
Views:	659
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	137920Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 photo 2.JPG
Views:	629
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	137921Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 photo 4.JPG
Views:	678
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	137922Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 photo 3.JPG
Views:	607
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	137923Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 photo 6.JPG
Views:	612
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	137924Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 photo 5.JPG
Views:	623
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	137925Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 photo 7.JPG
Views:	611
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	137926Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 photo 8.JPG
Views:	650
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	137927

Comment

• Very Nice!

Comment

• That looks great! Love your weathering effort, I can't bring myself to try that yet. Are the MK-82s 3D printed?

Comment

• Awesome stuff!!! Great job! :Cool:

Comment

• Very nice! Another sweet livery job. Well done!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looks Great!!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=amgsky1;n137919]Hi Guys. I finally had a chance to take a few photos. - TG

amgsky, Beeeeeuuuuteeeful....Diggin' all the Navy/Marine liveries...and that from an old zoomie. LOL Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Great work.

Mike
                                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Last night after assembling my f4 I noticed my rudder push rod was short and unable to center the rudder. after taking the ball link off and measuring the length mine was 80mm and not 87mm per the manual. if anyone runs into this problem Motion has sent me a replacement set already so just let them know.

Comment

• Thanks! And welcome to the Squawk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                      Thanks! And welcome to the Squawk.
                                      Thank you!

Comment

• thinking of adding this behind the battery compartment for the good old smoky f4 look. https://www.motionrc.com/products/mr...tric-rc-planes

Comment

• Originally posted by BreakX101 View Post
                                          thinking of adding this behind the battery compartment for the good old smoky f4 look. https://www.motionrc.com/products/mr...tric-rc-planes
                                          BreakX101, Welcome to the Squawk! Would like to see that, thought about similar, still thinking about how to make vapor blackish. Looked at 'magic' smoke systems, still pondering the how. :Confused: Post pics and ideas, please. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X