Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look great!

Comment

• Your not going to get smooth prints unless you are using a 150 or lower micron printer and the motion prints are 100-150 microns. People are wanting to send me stuff that fellow hobbyists have printed and I need to state publicly that they will not look as good as what I posted above for Steve. I paint a large quantity of 3d printed parts for my sci fi model sand statues. However these are all 20 micron printed on a Form 2 which is a 5k printer.

This is not in response to anyones parts in general I just know I have been getting pm's about paint. I recently did some figures from a company in in the UK and they were abysimal. So much that I offered the client a free paint up next round because I felt so bad. Just so people can keep their expectations in check is why I am saying this :) When in doubt for smooth action get the parts from motion.
      AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

This same fix works on the A-10 as well.
        I have found that the A-10 the Spitfire pin bends too easy. Just taxiing around on grass seems to "move" it some. I think the oversize lipos and grass is just too much for it. So I bit the bullet and went with the hardened pin.About 50 flights with the hardened factory pin.

bbaumer - So far I've been lucky with these pins. Landing #2 on my F-4 was so hard it broke one door and placed a 15mm long foam lift at the top wing (where the top of the gear pocket is). It came down really hard but flat. Still no nose pin break. I fly off grass but it is a smooth surface (private airstrip). Not sure what to tell you. We all know that all bets are off if we touch NG 1st. I guess it just has to hit a certain way.

Comment

• I asked this question before, but I posted it to the wrong group.... I have the Motion RC F4 Phantom and want to paint it in Blue Angel scheme as others have done.. Just wanted to know if the Model Master paint in a spray can would work well, as they have Blue Angel blue..... I need a decent color match and high gloss so I was looking for recommendations other than mixing up LIquitex paint and spraying it with my spray gun.....

Comment

• Hi Tony, I responded to your post in the other thread as an fyi. Welcome!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• What is the average flight time most are getting 6S? and 8S?

Comment

• I am getting around 3:30 on my 6S with Roaring Top 5500s....
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                  I am getting around 3:30 on my 6S with Roaring Top 5500s....
                  Same here with same brand and size batteries. It will really depend on throttle management. Around 3:00 with WOT
                  Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Andy from RCjetwerx.com has a couple of 6S 6000mah 60C's left over from Jet Jam. I bought one and flew the A4 at JJ. Nice batt ! He's ordering more.
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I might have to snag those...Can those 6000's push it to 4 minutes?
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                        Andy from RCjetwerx.com has a couple of 6S 6000mah 60C's left over from Jet Jam. I bought one and flew the A4 at JJ. Nice batt ! He's ordering more.
                        Are those new? I don't see them listed on the website....

Comment

• Yes they are new. He brought a bunch with him to Jet Jam and almost sold out. He’s ordering more. I think he may have 2 left.

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Question: Has anyone put the stock 6S 9 blade on a wattmeter? I would like to know what you are seeing.

Thanks,

Hawk

Comment

• The reason I ask this is because when I went to test the Changesun 12blade with 1620kv RC lander inrunner on the wattmeter, I only got 1900 watts at 82 amps. Had a fresh battery. This leads me to think that it's actually designed for 8S, not 6S as stated when I bought it.

So, I could try adding a 2S 6000mah battery and connect in series to make it 8S or start over with a different edf setup completely. I do need an inrunner setup though as I have purchased the center afterburner from Chris at RC Geek.

Sigh.... Opinions?

Hawk

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                I might have to snag those...Can those 6000's push it to 4 minutes?
                                I have 1 6250 RT that one time had to stay up a little longer than I wanted to. I had been easy on the throttle most of the run. I got 4:37 and it checked out at 17%.
                                Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• At last ! 8S has arrived!
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I have the F4 ARF+ on the way from MRC. I have on hand a Jetfan 90, HET Typhoon 700-68-1500KV inrunner, Castle 100 Edge ESC, and RT 5800 35C 4S (2 in series) for power. I am hoping for 3.30 minutes flight time and enough spare for at least a second approach if needed. Looking for 50/50 WOT and cruise speed. Think it will work?

GMB

Comment

• corsairnut uses that exact same setup and it flies great. Should easily get 3.5 minutes with throttle management.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by lomcevac View Post
                                        What is the average flight time most are getting 6S? and 8S?
                                        In Denver, I use this setup - a bit pricey but, great performance. Modified 90mm EDF (JetFan 9B with 2250 HET motor running on a Roaringtop, 5100mah, 6S, 80C battery and Castle Creations 200A ESC) gets 3.5 minutes with 35% left. (It pulls 137A and gets 3000 watts).

Beats any 8S system out there - I can out Click image for larger version

Name:	Marine F4_8.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	137802 perform these in Denver. Plane weighs 8 lbs and gets 7.7 lbs of thrust at 7000' PA. (At my altitude, an EDF looses 20% to 25% of its sea level thrust rating). The RT 80C battery has the least resistance and develops more power than the RT 70C battery. I tested all the high performance, pricey, overrated batteries out there and the RT, 6S, 5100mah, 80C battery beats them all as far as price/performance. I tested the 8S system with 2, 4000mah, RT 70C batteries and got 6.7 lbs of thrust in Denver - the plane weighs 9 lbs with these batteries. With EDFs, weight/power is elusive - have to keep the plane light as possible to get the best performance. I also standardized on 6S batteries (use them in the A-4, Viper, A-10, 70mm F-16, etc.) because I don't want to invest in different size, mah batteries for individual airplanes. I use an EDF test bench for power testing (amps/watts) but, the real test is a digital fish scale attached to the plane to get a thrust measurement. In Denver, it takes about 400 watts per pound to get a great performing EDF - my estimate. Again, the real test is with the fish scale. The stock 6S EDF with a RT 5500, 70C battery gets 6.3 lbs of thrust in Denver and the plane weighs 8 lbs. If you decide to upgrade an EDF make sure you use overrated ESCs so they stay cool - that's why I use the CC 200A ESC - never even gets warm at WOT.
                                        I'm open to any suggestions to get better performance for the money. You never have enough power - that's a given. Until we get Li-S batteries, we'll probably only get 3 to 4 minutes of high performance flying.
                                        The best!

Comment

• All this sounds right in line with what I am getting. I am running the 8S F-4 on two of the Admiral 5000 mah 60C 4S batteries. I usually fly for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes then land. I had to go around once last week and was worried it might go into low voltage, but it didn't. Still landed with 25% left. I was thinking about pushing it out to 4 minutes but I don't want to run it too low.
                                          I also run a Thunder Power Elite 6S 5000 55C pack with a 2S 5000 55C pack and get about the same performance. The Thunder Power Elite packs are quite a bit heavier though. I have to locate the batteries different in the plane to get the balance the same.

Comment

Working...
                                          X