Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diligently working to get Project Foil boxed up and on the ship I hope! :)
    Pat

Comment

• YES!

Comment

• I have a similar question. Thinking about grabbing a MIG-21. Love this F-4. If I go to the field, and leave it behind, I'm kicking myself when I get there, why didn't I bring it!! Who's flown both, and how does the MIG stack up against the Phantom and Skyhawk?

Comment

• All this back and forth. Can you ever have too many jets? Just get them all :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
            I have a similar question. Thinking about grabbing a MIG-21. Love this F-4. If I go to the field, and leave it behind, I'm kicking myself when I get there, why didn't I bring it!! Who's flown both, and how does the MIG stack up against the Phantom and Skyhawk?
            I have all three. They all fly great. The Mig is fun because it is a Delta and likes a high AoA. It lands beautifully. I have probably 50+ flights on mine and have hardly ever had to mess with the LG on it. It's just a solid plane. The A-4 and F-4 both have a very controllable rate of decent using throttle. They just lock in so to speak. I love my Mig. Had it with me at NEFI.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180622_092335.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	332.7 KB
ID:	138924

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
              All this back and forth. Can you ever have too many jets? Just get them all :Cool:
              That is what I did, but only the 80mm and 90mm, bought and flew most of them and sold off the ones that I didn't like, problen solved.....:)

Oh, I did try a 70mm ME 262 and ended up liking it so it ended up a keeper. I didn't care for the Mig, it sure did land nice though, talking about a high AOA, but the F-4 flies better for me.

Comment

• I have both the Mig and F4,
                The Mig flies alot like the F4.Stock the Mig "seemed"underpowered but in reality was very scale,I fly off grass and stock it would take alot of runway to take off but is a baby doll ib the air.
                I ended up putting a FMS 80mm in it and it flies much better.
                I would recommend the Mig for sure,personally my F4 flies with much more authority although it is 8s jetfan powered.
                Both land about the same.

Comment

• Nice little harum ya got there,Steve...LOL

Comment

• Thanks guys. Wish I could have em all, but I'm quickly running out of hangar space. If project Foil isn't a gotta have it, I'll probably get a MIG. Or maybe I'll buy a second F-4!

Comment

• I received my drogue chute from Heimsman52 over the weekend. It is red and white and will look awesome when I finally get to work on my F4. The craftsmanship and quality is superb.

Thank you Paul for the added realism.

Also I want to thank RCJetDude for the release mechanism short kit. Excellent engineering and time saver.

Now I need to get past my wedding in August so I can get back to this great hobby. Lots of projects begining to pile up.

Cheers,

Jeff

Comment

• Completed (check) , Maiden ( Check) , Warbird Fly-in (Ready)

Comment

• Nice!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Flybeast View Post
                            Completed (check) , Maiden ( Check) , Warbird Fly-in (Ready)
                            hey, I know the guy who took that picture! ;)

We’ll have 3 up at our club’s Warbird this weekend, all in different SEA schemes, hopefully we’ll get a couple up at once for some sweet pics!

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                              Hey anyone out there willing to print the F4 Tall cones for $$$$ ?? Who know when the factory units will be in stock.
                              Get them here , he makes the best scale looking ones
                              The RC Geek is your place to learn about all aspects of the RC hobby. Learn to build, design, drive or fly that RC project you've always wanted to!

Comment

•  

Comment

• I saw it coming.. I was like crap he forced it.. sorry man :(

Comment

• Small power increase (maybe 15% to 20% for a second) and use that to stop the "pogo" and complete the landing... Scuff some paint. Fly it again after replacing/recharging batteries.

Definitely do not apply full power and pitch up for a near vertical climb in an attempt to save the paint.
                                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• :(

Comment

• Very Sad...:Crying:

Comment

• Ugh.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X