Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Rob for sharing such a thorough review! I know your input will benefit all of us, and help spread that same "confidence" you detailed. Superb flying, as always!

And thank you, Farnflyer, for your continued support! We'll have something for you soon enough.

​​​​​​Truly, I need to go to sleep before the sun comes up soon.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      Thanks Rob for sharing such a thorough review! I know your input will benefit all of us, and help spread that same "confidence" you detailed. Superb flying, as always!

And thank you, Farnflyer, for your continued support! We'll have something for you soon enough.

​​​​​​Truly, I need to go to sleep before the sun comes up soon.
      I have no doubt you will Alpha and good night or good morning which ever applies best.

Comment

• Alpha, do RC plane designers get to enjoy the CNY holiday off as well or would you not know what to do with yourself during that time?

Comment

• The vids and pics in the last few pages are just fantastic. What a beautiful model, I can't wait to show it off. Hey I have a question. I am wondering if the flaps are hinged in a way to allow them to deflect "up" - because if so, we could program them to work with the ailerons. I am still looking squint-eyed at those giant aileron deflections....

And I was thinking of programming the radio to make the ailerons "droop" when the flaps are lowered. This could help with takeoffs and landings, for short field ops. Just a few ideas.
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Did not see an answer from Motion about what swayed the choice to the 6 cell/9 blade set up versus the existing Freewing 90mm 6 cell/12blade set up. Obviously a lower amp draw but was the "no cheater" an influence ? Flying weight ? Flying time ?
            I have the ARF+ on order so obviously need a power package of which I have various 6 cell/90mm options available in my stash --- if they will work in the F-4 ?

Comment

• Very nice job on this one MRC crew!. Have to put it on the wish list as a couple of giant scale bird builds are currently tapping the wallet a bit dry.

Comment

• hello orderd pnp i always keep my promise thank you motion rc many mods to fly fly and lxi phantoms . eflight phantoms china pro both fiber glass fuss bulit up wings , love edf f4 , love the a4 80 mm awsome plane . motion has made my hobby drames come true top notch . stright forward. cant say enough about there service. thank you again. now the wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
                  Did not see an answer from Motion about what swayed the choice to the 6 cell/9 blade set up versus the existing Freewing 90mm 6 cell/12blade set up. Obviously a lower amp draw but was the "no cheater" an influence ? Flying weight ? Flying time ?
                  I have the ARF+ on order so obviously need a power package of which I have various 6 cell/90mm options available in my stash --- if they will work in the F-4 ?
                  Well they may not comment as this would be the result of their marketing strategy, etc. So I think the 9 blade gives you a little more top speed and a little more flight time. Things that help sell the bird. But you pay a price for that with a longer acceleration. So I am thinking that the 6S 12 blade setup might get me out of my grass runway similar to the T-45 with a similar top speed, which, by the way, was very good. I don't care if I have to be back on deck at 3 minutes. I guess I will be a test pilot. If it doesn't perform, then I will investigate other power setups. I didn't notice the 9 blade thing until after I ordered.
                  Not too crazy about 9 blades anyway.
                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                    I’m still not interested in owning any of these jets...
                    I said the same thing not so long ago...
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Lol TI I hear ya but for now my interest is still in prop drive warbirds plus a couple of civilian aircraft that if were ever offered I would by at almost any size or price.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                        Lol TI I hear ya but for now my interest is still in prop drive warbirds plus a couple of civilian aircraft that if were ever offered I would by at almost any size or price.

I said the same thing a couple of yrs ago and now I have the 90mm F-15, two 90mm F-16's, 90mmT-45, 90mm Eurofighter, 90mm F-18, 80mm F-86, 80mm A-4, 80mm A-10, 70mm ME 262 and now the long waited F-4..................:) You fly one and you will be hooked for sure, then you will be selling off your prop planes to fund your EDF habit.........:Cool:.

Comment

• Might take a few more minutes for it to finish rendering before it will show up ...a gray day flight, full loadout, no cuts no edits. The lights show up great on days like this!

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                            You fly one and you will be hooked for sure, then you will be selling off your prop planes to fund your EDF habit.........:Cool:.
                            Never, keep them all!:Cool:
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                              Might take a few more minutes for it to finish rendering before it will show up ...a gray day flight, full loadout, no cuts no edits. The lights show up great on days like this!

http://vimeo.com/255216567
                              Thanks for the video. Nice to see it fly with the full load out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                The scale fidelity of this Phantom is incredible. Nearly every flying photo looks full scale.
                                Ok Aros looks like everyone at the Arizona Jet Festival had a good time. Now for the BIQ question. Will Motion RC be at Joe Nall 2018? Joe Nall is the world largest RC fly in. If you think Arizona Jet Festival is great , try Joe Nall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                                  Just as I thought a Super Scale F-4 Phantom! Freewing defiantly delivered an excellent piece of work. It is also great to see that there will be two different power systems to do this beast justice well. This model is now the best F-4 EDF available anywhere.
                                  My only recommendation is for it to be offered in some sort of gray livery or a Base gray model to be more appealing to others.
                                  I will definitely have to get this model in the future when I am ready for it.
                                  Agree. I’m actually disappointed to not see a B or J version. USAF jungle camo is nice. Richie and Robin Olds were heroes. Okay. But to fly off a postage stamp like the Constellation? Hard to leave out the Navy and Marines.
                                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I saw this fly at AEF from a distance. Can someone from motion answer the question - were they flying on 6s or 8s?

I will definitely have to get one of these, unfortunately April deliveries will probably drag into May or June. Too hot to fly around here. I will wait for the next batch.

A friendly correction on your description page. The wing tanks are 370 gallons not 600 gallons. They are commonly referred to as “370’s”. The centerline tank was 600 gallons. Thank you for the Air Force livery, I was a crew chief on these in the 80s at Rammstein AB. 512th TFS Dragons. 680-513 was my jet, E model. Might have to fashion an E model nose.
                                    Eric

Comment

• I am not from Motion but Tony was flying it on an Admiral 6S 5000 or Roaring Top 6S 5800. This taken from the thread on RCG.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SmartSelectImage_2018-02-10-23-05-20.png Views:	1 Size:	367.0 KB ID:	117272

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                                        Just as I thought a Super Scale F-4 Phantom! Freewing defiantly delivered an excellent piece of work. It is also great to see that there will be two different power systems to do this beast justice well. This model is now the best F-4 EDF available anywhere.
                                        My only recommendation is for it to be offered in some sort of gray livery or a Base gray model to be more appealing to others.
                                        I will definitely have to get this model in the future when I am ready for it.

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                        Agree. I’m actually disappointed to not see a B or J version. USAF jungle camo is nice. Richie and Robin Olds were heroes. Okay. But to fly off a postage stamp like the Constellation? Hard to leave out the Navy and Marines.
                                        With Motion hitting what can only be called the best achievement in the RC production longevity strategy in decades with what most likely is the top list icon of warbirds ever wanted, it would be sort of a short sighted plan in the overall strategy not to expand the horizon of product availability with a base gray/white F-4 airframe that could be utilized by the hundreds of other liveries that modelers could honor.
                                        This would absolutely capture those on the fence that don't favor an SEA scheme and wouldn't bother going through the laborious effort to convert it to a gray/white canvas.
                                        What say you Alpha???
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• As much as I love the scheme it comes in I think I am leaning towards doing an F-4J in the VF-84 Jolly Rogers'. Something like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	f323221.jpg
Views:	1579
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	117275

Comment

Working...
                                          X